CrazyDevy is f*#%en Crazy!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    They haven't said anything about it other than what you see in the pictures: which is to say, nothing. I wouldn't expect it before late 2013.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    They provided thinner replacement wings for Divebomb to use with the bigger Predaking wings.

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    To see exactly how I feel, please read what Sentinel say's here.

It's not that I don't think the set is nice. It is as Sentinel say's, the market has changed and they have not.

Thank you for so clearly writing exactly what I intended to say.

I don't update all G1, but some just work so perfectly for me. I think the CD Devastator is pretty darn perfect. It is done in a G1 style, so it works dead on.

Same with Predaking. At the end of the day, it still looks G1 and makes a lot of the parts bigger.

Not to mention both Predaking and Devastator had good articulation to begin with. Most of these sets are filling in the blanks.

G1 Ironhide and Ratchet would be a toss up. I love the upgrades with the head and hands, as it gives the figure what it always should have had, however it does strip some of the G1 quirkyness out of the figures.

4. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    buy what you like, don't buy what you don't. If their prices are not what you can afford or are willing to pay, it is simple: don't get it.

Waiting on my 2010 reissue as we speak on a slow boat from China.... my CD head, guns, wings and fists are already here from TFS though. :) 

The feet are not really needed, nor is the mane/gun. nothign is forcing you from getting the entire set, just get what you like.

5. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Well, I'm not sure being caught on the short side of supply and demand qualifies as "rape," but that was indeed what I was getting at.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I love my Predaking so I had no problem getting the complete set from CD. I'd still get the 3rd Party Predaking if I like it but having the add on parts for my g1 Predaking is still worth the money.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    At $125 I would bite. But I just cannot see that at $275.

8. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They should sell all the parts together, instead of separate, and the whole kit for one combiner should be $70 max. I would really like their kit for a G1 Devastator, but the prices are just stupid.

9. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its not even a matter not being able to afford these, I simply cant see how anyone can seriously consider them worth what they cost. For instance for $40 to can get the Predaking Upgrade Cannons. Or for the same price you can get one of TFC Iron Army 2 pks or Igear Hench or UFO. For just $12 more you can get one the FP Insecticons. How can 2 plastic cannons cost the same as 1-2 complete figures? I know some people have no limits on their spending but even if I had the money to buy every figure I ever wanted I still wouldnt get these upgrades just because they are such a ripoff.

10. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Sekai no Hakaishin

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only CD products I own are the G1 devy upgrade and its because I had a vintage G1 devy w/out the parts to combine him save the chest shield. The next products I am looking at are the G1 mensor parts which I hope they make more since I have vintage stunticons w/out the accessories to form menasor lolz

11. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    I must say I laugh a bit when people try to put a price on things without facts, Most companies have margins they need to meet to continue to operate and this is based on the amount of products they sell. So lets say the mold cost $50,000 and he produced 1000 units that means if he sold each kit for $50 he needs to sell all 1000 units just to cover the mold cost, But wait what about development and cost for each actual product plus packaging ect... then profit to keep going or money aside for things that come up like product damaged in transit or defects to refund retailers? but what if he does not sell all 1000 units? I don't know how many kits they sell but I bet its not no big number and most products I see go up at online retailers are small numbers. in business you have two types of people employers and employees and I think there is more of the 2nd then the first for obvious reasons I see everyday. Ever since the movie came out this fandom has changed and im not sure if its for the better or worse but people sure do complain a lot more then the old days!its simple you dont like the price dont buy it. I like million dollar homes but cant buy one but I dont go bitching on home message boards that the builder is a rip off because I pulled a number out of the air that I think it should cost. Something is only worth what someone will pay for it and if he is still around im sure there is people that do.

12. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Except its not a number pulled out of the air. Multiple 3rd party companies can produce full fledged figures that transform for the same price as 2 hunks of abs plastic shaped like cannons. Im sorry but not much R&D went into most of their products, especially compared to other items on the market. Hell, Maiden Japan on the boards sells indivually hand painted items for less. Over priced is over priced, sorry that people are calling them out on it. They would sell far more at a more reasonable price guaranteed. If we want to follow your example then it would be a rip off if there was a house built next door by a different builder that was bigger, better quality and had more features for the same price. lol.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The fandom was born from arguing. I know the Takara vs Hasbro stuff was around during at least the Transformers: RID days.

14. Backstop

News Credits:
    I understand the way you are looking at it but we dont know what his costs are and how many he makes or sells and we cant think all companies have the same cost. I just look at it like this the cost is the cost for whatever his reason is we can buy it or not buy it. Also Made in Japan uses hand made type molds with resin not injection molds so his investment is more time then material. I think we need to look at 3rd party toys as low run toys that are in a higher collector price range, these are for some but not everyone. I have a black tracks limited to 300 it was like $150 way back when I got it for me I was ok paying it but others were ok buying the $30 TRU one. So those that want it will pay those that think its too much will look for other options if there is any lol.

15. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, if you check back, I pretty much posted about the increased price in limited runs. But that is a load of bull for this. They are pretty much trying to charge as much as they possibly could because they have no competition with what they are doing.

Also, if your theory was correct, then the other two devastator add on sets would have been closer to $200 vs. the $50 they sold for.

Your argument would have been valid, let's say 2 or 3 years ago, but not today. My join date may have been newer then most, but I have long time collectors that agree with me.

On a side note, MMC Cyclops is the same size as a complete CD Predaking and is close to 2x as expensive. That is not including the cost of the actual predaking.

16. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I agree,I haven't bought anything from them. Their prices are too exspensive for me.

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol $270. You could almost buy a whole other 3rd party combiner for that price.

18. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

That is likely my project. It's still going! I have 3 members beta testing parts and welcome more, I have the v2 set designed and ordered from Shapeways and should arrive around the end of the month.

Me too.

Yeah, it's really a "to each his own"...but I share everyone's frustration. My opinion:

-they started something cool
    -BUT CD hasn't responded to competition with lower priced kits
    -they don't engage with the community
    -with the exception of G1 Devy, they don't seem to finish what they start, and frustratingly go from project to project
    -worse still, they seem to making products that aren't needed, seemingly trying to capitalize on their old success--and failing

Long story short: crummy experience.

Maybe, one day they'll turn it around, until then, there will always be the delight I (and many fans had) when their original parts debuted.

19. Backstop

News Credits:
    I dont own this as im ok with my 2 G1 Predakings the way they are. But its obvious you want it but dont want to pay the price, many people want things they cant afford or can afford but will not spend the money on thats life I dont see how ripping the guy will help. the point is we dont know the facts on why the cost is what it is. for all we know he only makes 100 units at a time were MMC make 10,000 units at a time? He also makes like one part at a time not a entire kit like the JB Dev kit so that might play a factor I dont know. You might be right he just might want to rape people but I dont think its fair to rip with no facts.

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, your assuming he or them are different then any other third party.

The only issue I have with your posts is that your comparing CD to Rederform or Maiden Japan. The main difference is that Maiden japan and redeforms stuff is not sold at all of the major TFer sites. At last count, I think CD was in a minimum of 6 sites that I know of including their own sites.

So while, yes, we never know, which is true. We can back out into some information. In either case, it's hard to justify that price.

It is more value type of thing. It's like buying a $100,000 KIA. Just cause KIA made a $100,000 car doesn't mean it's anywhere near worth it. Also if you had $100,000, you wouldn't buy the KIA.

I can still look at the KIA and say, hey that looks nice and I would drive it, but they are bugging.