CrazyDevy is f*#%en Crazy!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Seems like CD is on life support anyway.

When they started they were one of the few in the business and everyone was making add ons at that point. They colected a fan base by upgrading G1 Devi and whoever they got appear to be very loyal.

Today, groups are making full out figures and at prices comparable to a head and hands from CD. I have also noticed their released slowing downt oa crawl. I don't see too long a life left in CD.

And yes, shame to all those who paid those stupid prices. In the end I do hope you all enjoyed what you got but you really did over pay.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    We did not overpay, no one else is offering decent G1 Devastator or Predaking upgrades. Their other upgrade sets, I don't care.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    In that sense, I agree, no one else is offering it so they cornered the market. That still does not imply that their prices were/are anywhere near the realm of fair.

4. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I've never bought anything from CrazyDevy. I'm amazed they're even still relevant after the Omega Supreme leg extenders they advertised. What garbage.

5. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well it depends on their business model.

1- Sell extremely small quantities at higher prices.
    2- Sell high quantities a fair prices.

Both ways you can make the same profit. I just like companies who do #2. I wonder if it is just hard to do #2 when it's an add on set.

6. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Double standard much?

That is YOUR opinion. I plan on doing the upgrades to my reissue predaking I just got. But why? Because there isn't another item I want that I haven't budgeted for already. I don't want the igear ironhide and ratchet that you talked about in your first post.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Why not leave Predaking as a G1 toy and wait on the MMC Predaking to get your articulated combiner?

Not telling you how to collect, just curious? (and you may not know about the MMC version)

8. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did not know about the mmc one till just now.

plus, I like the way the g1 one looks with the upgrades. To me, it's worth the price. I'm trying to figure out why the OP is trying to tell everyone what is worth the price and what isnt? Unless I am reading too much into it.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    For you Toca and anyone else who missed it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MMC is pretty good with their prices. These may go for as low as $60 and maybe as high as $80, so for $300-400 you can get yourself a brand new Classicverse Predaking. Or you can pay $200+ for a G1 and then add another $300 to put some upgrades on him (and hope the toy itself doesn't get damaged al la the first wing release killing Divebombs wings)

10. DethPike

Ebay:
    Have they mentioned how big this is supposed to be?

11. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Holy crap you could buy a new Predaking for thar price.

12. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I agree with Alucard about this, in fact I think most people do. I'll even disclose that I have the entire CD G1 Devy set and I mostly like it. I don't think it is worth the money though. I bought it back then because it was the only option to have a truly cool Devastator, but now I'm totally hooked on Hercules and by comparison, the CD stuff is absolute grossly overpriced junk.

They were able to ask so much because they were one of the only games in town and they released things piecemeal. If they tried to do the entire set at that ridiculous price, no one would buy it. I do however think that if they combined all of their upgrades into one set at a reasonable price (less than $100 for the entire set) they would probably get quite a few more sales (see what Alucard said above). Their business model took advantage of the market at the time, but the market has changed and they haven't. They are outdated and unless they do make some changes, they probably will just disappear.

13. DethPike

Ebay:
    Oh probably not just a new one... I'd wager you could get a very nice G1 original one, complete, for around their price for upgrades. Not a reissue - like, the real deal from the 80s.

14. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Ayup. When I picked up Encore 20 (G1 Devy), I went with Junkion Blacksmith for the add-on set and haven't regretted it at all. Great looking parts at a very affordable price. The only CD parts I bought were the piledrivers/heads for G1 Frumble, and only at a discount when BBTS was having their 3P clearance sale. CD can keep their crazy prices.

15. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    and that is EXACTLY why they rape people...because they know they have a monopoly...."don't like our prices, go somewhere else for this stuff...oh, wait, you can't...boo-hoo"

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    CD upgrades for Predaking were meant to make him look better first. And at that they succeeded. Added articulation wasn't the primary goal. Same with Devy, added articulation was given because it was possible while making the figure more accurate.

Also, you can own both the upgraded G1 version and the modern take.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    True but then again I am in the camp that G1's need to remain G1. Them being unarticulated bricks is their charm. The only additions I have made to my G1 collection are, BTS Prime upgrade (axe, hands, matric and jetpack), IT's Quints and Allicon and the Ironhide and Ratchet heads cuz some G1s are just too horrible for nastolgia to save.

My personal upgraded G1 collection is the Classicverse and I would rather spend money on a new combiner rather than updating my G1 combiner. This is me and my own personal collecting habits. As CD has proven there are many out there that do want to update there 80's G1s.

18. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wasn't the CD parts for Predaking kinda shoddy in quality too. I recall reading some questionable reviews and it was the main reason I didn't take the plunge

19. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    design flaw that led to people damaging their divebomb when applying the wings. I think they fixed it though or added a piece that fixed it.

20. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I have bought some of the swords Devy made...

when they were clearanced, of course. :)