CrazyDevy head for my Predaking...hmmm

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 2punish&enslave, Dec 30, 2011.

1. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    I recently got the Takara re-issue Predaking from my wife for Christmas.
    Predaking 2010 Reissue Box Set - Transformers 2010 - 2011 Transformers Import Figures
    She got me the CrazyDevy wings and sword for him too and they look great. I figured I'd buy the head with the longer horns and light up eyes as well.
    http://www.crazydevy.com/2010/06/blog-post_15.html
    I received it today. When I went to attach it though I discovered a problem. The old head is hollow and just fits over Razorclaw's head. This one is not hollow and has a peg on the bottom. I tilted Razorclaw's head back like it showed in the pic but I'm not seeing where the peg is supposed to go. Am I missing something?

2. 2punish&enslave

Ebay:
  3. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of a Predaking. As much as it costs, and it's a lot, I'd recommend the upgraded feet, hands, sword, gun, cannons, wings, mane, and fix for the Divebomb arm. When you add it all together, he starts to look better with the Classics than G1.

4. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    Indeed! The pics dun do the upgraded fig enough justice

[​IMG]

5. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So how much in total does all these cost?

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I think you can do without the hands to tell you the truth. They're. It much of an upgrade at all. If you have to get them, get them last.

7. 2punish&enslave

Ebay:
    I have the wings, sword and head. I think I'm going to stop there. I don't think that I like any of the others enough to justify the cost. I REALLY like the wings and sword. I consider them huge upgrades. The head looks better than the stock head but the light up feature is a joke. The entire head glows not just the eyes.

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    You should get those canons too. Those look cool.

About the head, try opening the thing up and filling it with paper. That should prevent the light lighting up everything that isn't the eyes/visor.

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I have the wings and the Cannons but now I am looking forward to getting the sword ASAP when I get some cash hopefully soon.

10. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gotta admit, I love the Devastator upgrade set, but not just feeling it with the Predaking upgrade set - it's too...I dunno...caricaturized?

I think that some of the addon parts just feel a bit too big, like those massive shoulder cannons and wings takes away the "oomph" of the arm cannon.

11. 2punish&enslave

Ebay:
    I like the wings. They could have been a bit smaller but I like them much better than the stock wings. I always thought they were way too small. The Cannons on the other hand just seem a bit ridiculous to me.

12. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    Hi Wan, sorry for the late reply. It's about $200 our dollar. Definitely costly. But since Predaking's a personal fav, I'll let it slide.

I do agree that the fists are quite redundant, mainly because the arms themselves are not articulated, resulting in limited arm movements to capitalise on the articulated fists.