CrazyDevy CDMW-15 Predaking Feet

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Nov 24, 2010.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Nope that wasn't the case on mine. I looked it over it pretty thoroughly to make sure, before doing the black wing replacing with the black wings that came with the add-on set.

Truth be told, those add-ons are huge and heavy, Optibotimus wasn't lying in that regard.

But on a good note, replacing Divebomb's backpack shouldn't be too hard.

I completely agree with this statement. I'm gonna be sure and Superglue my extra backpack to be solid with no articulation so the wings hold better. :) 

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    how bout i blow the entire discussion up?

i never enter these threads with negativity, before the predaking issue with the wings, i saw their stuff as "neat" but WAY WAY WAY overpriced, for the price of the add-ons, i could get a ton of transformers, which in the end, is the better use of my money....after the issue, i will NEVER buy their product, they don't test their products and they don't give a rats ass about destroying their customer's vintage figures...the only reason they even added that "fix" to come with the wings was to try and save sales and their image, but when even the "fix" does even MORE damage to the toy, yeah....that just proves, crazydevy's stuff is legitimately a waste of money, you can love it, fine, but in the end, your spending $75 to break your toy......me, i'll spend on stuff that enhances my toys

now i shall take my leave

3. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    ^^Well to rebutt your comments, this is crazydevy's first mess up. Their previous stuff is rock solid. It's like condemning Toyota and saying they like to kill people because of the brake issue they had.

4. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you actually think is a good argument? Here let me help...LMFAO No.

They did indeed release the parts to correct an issue. As any company that makes a mistake would. What would you in all your great wisdom expect them to do? recall them all and replace everyones predaking?
    It made more sense for them to do what they could quickly to fix the problem and move on.
    I just put the wings on my 2010 predaking last night. No problems, no issue, nothing wrong with it whatsoever. Now it has a set of giant wings and looks amazing. Money well spent. Coupled with the head the upcoming sword and hopefully some thigh extensions...wow.
    I will continue to spend my money with them, and have a big smile on my face the whole time.

Please feel free to continue your "leave" of this thread.

5. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    i agree

6. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Hey Sioce how does the orange of the CD Predaking head go with the 2010 reissue?

7. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty darn close. The new release is very slightly brighter. But still looks great.

I personally think the add-on parts are going to all look better on the new re-issue. The gold elements are just beautiful. I still need to put on my stickers.

The extra parts are REALLY easy to put on. You just pull out 3 screws on each side, slightly pull open the wings, wiggle out the old ones, wiggle on the new ones, replace the screws and you're done.

8. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I agree. the wing probs I have will not deter me from buying the rest of the Kings
    Power Parts. just because my experiance was bad doesn't mean everybody elses will be :) 

I was just merely sharing those vids to show what could happen. By all means "don't use an original predaking to alter" use the reissue. :) 

9. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think what alot of people do, is find any sort of issue whether it be tfsource scalping prices, the "heavy" wings (I don't think they are heavy at all) the scraps on paul's predaking, etc. to feel justified in not purchasing parts from CD.
    I personally would not put add-ons on any vintage TF, because they are old and can break easily. I think asking old joints to hold more than double the weight of what it was designed to do is asking for trouble. And as your video and bad luck showed, the older joints probably won't hold up.
    My devastator upgrades are on one of the high quality KOs the same with the superion upgrades. The predaking upgrades will all be on my 2010 king.

I guess people could look at it this way. $200 for the 2010 re-issue and about $200-300 in CD upgrades is still less than a 100% complete mint Vintage Predaking :D 

10. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    That's pretty much why I stopped responding to people who keep bringing up the same tired arguments in these CD threads. When I don't like something, I just stay out of the threads, end of story.

By no means am I picking on guard convoy, but his post just shows the perfect example of someone who has never even bought any of Crazy Devy's pieces to begin with and just comes in and says because of Paul's wings problem, he'll never buy any CD stuff and how these pieces don't enhance the toy, are a waste of money, how they don't test their products, etc. It really is pretty simple to ignore, but I just don't get it sometimes.

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Man, another issue with the wings?!? Hmmm... Maybe I should just keep them in my POL forever. Hahaha. Seriously, why did they make them so heavy? And long. They could be an inch shorter. These wings have been an epic fail for crazydevy. Hope they learn from that shit.

Now, these foot pieces I will order but I wanna see the leg extenders already!

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    You're still on that? Oh no, they buy something from crazy devy and sell it for more than what they paid for it like every other goddamn retailer on the planet. SCALPERS OMG. They can't sell something for the same price they buy it for, that's just stupid. They have to have a good profit margin to make it worth stocking. Looking at BBTS and TFsource, their prices are the same (except the feet being 2 dollars more at TFsource), but TFsource is the only one you call a "scalper". Since BBTS charges the same amount as TFsource, it's safe to say that these are the prices that these have to be sold for to make a profit after they buy them from crazy devy, and there's no scalping going on at all. You got issues, dude. Really strange issues.

It kind of invalidates everything else you try to say that might have some basis in fact.

13. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here I'll explain this really simple for you.

I am fine with them charging more than they pay. That is the only way to stay in business. When I call scalper is when they see that something sells well, and decide to double the price. That is the very epitome of scalping.
    If you are incapable of seeing that, I am truly sorry for you.

When tfsource sees that the feet are selling out they will start charging out the butt for them, then all you whiners will go to the next CD thread pissing and moaning about "50 dollar feet"

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    BBTS does that too. See concept camaro bumblebee in 07. as their supply ran down, what stock they did have went up in price. Eventually, he was going for what, 60, 70 dollars? Supply and demand.

It's normal.

It sucks, but it's not something unique to TFsource. A lot of online, independantly owned toy stores do it.

BBTS also has the nice distinction of being actual scalpers, emptying local stores of exclusive or in-demand figures only to mark them up for double, triple, or even quadruple price. They sold a loose animated Arcee with bite marks for 45 dollars, calling it mint. While not something they bought from a store, instead obviously buying it from someone else (likely for less than retail), it's still incredibly stupid.

They also price desirable figures far above other figures that come in the same case, because they want to maximize profits. They had a pre-order for RTS Windcharger for $18.99. IT'S A SCOUT. Seriously, go look. the page is still up.

and yet you only yell about TFsource, despite a much more popular online toy store being so much worse about it.

I'm not trying to bash BBTS. This is just something they do, and they've always done it. We've gotten used to it. I buy from them, but I'm smart about it. I refuse to pay over retail for anything I buy from them. You can do it too. Everyone can. If you choose to pay too much for something, that's on you, and you alone.

15. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know BBTS does it as well. I don't use them anymore either.

It is wrong, I will not just "Get used to it."

TFsource has done other things to me personally that make the scalping thing that much worse. I'm not going to bother with explaining it here.

Plain out. If people are going to base thier complaints about price on an online retailer that has doubled the price in the name of profits, I will call bullshit.

In the case of CD we have the chance to buy directly from the manufacture, so that is the price that should always be quoted in these threads.
    Not TFSource, Not BBTS.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    and I still say $31 dollars for a head (CD's currently listed direct price, although out of stock) is stupid. Yes, the original costs more. No, it doesn't matter because it's a vintage part that was easily lost by kids, so that drive up it's value accordingly.

For $19 more, from fansproject, you get a new bruticus head, tons of guns, a foot, a hand, and a brand new transforming scout figure. All of these required more sculpting work, more parts, more time in assembly, and more paint. Not to mention more packaging.

for just a couple dollars more, from perfect effect, you get tiny transforming robots with awesome articulation that turn into weapons for larger figures.

So yeah. $31 dollars is a stupid price for just a head, direct from crazydevy. I really wish that FP would do G1 upgrade sets, because from them, you could buy a whole damn set of upgrade parts for like, 50 bucks, and be done with it.

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh, I fully expect G1 upgrades to expand to other companies. There's just too much opportunity there to undercut the price and improve the business model of people that are doing it now.

18. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is not a good comparison at all.
    For $50 from hasbro, you get a leader class figure with all the bells and whistles.
    From Mastermind creations, you get a full voyager sized TF with a brand new amazing design, plus a trailer gimmick
    From a chinese KO maker, you can buy most of the G1 line in KOs for $50
    From sizzler, you can feed 3 people endless salad bar with drinks....

See where I am going. Saying Well X does better than Y for the same price. (Or just a few bux more.) does not get any sort of point across. Only that you favor X over Y.

I will boil it down to this for you.
    I fully agree that FP is a better company by far.
    However, until they start doing these upgrades or a better alternative presents itself. I will continue to buy them.
    I like the upgrades. I don't mind the price. Nothing whatsoever anyone says can change that.
    Until I find a cheaper alternative that offers the same quality. I will stick with CD and love every minute of it.

19. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    This thread = suicide stimulator

:) 

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. Yes... Yes it does.

Soooooo yeah....... How about those Predaking feet??