CrazyDevy CDMW-15 Predaking Feet

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Nov 24, 2010.

1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Im guessing whats left would be the hands, shoulder cannons, and some type of leg extension.

2. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Depends on who does the posing, mine stands up fine without bending the legs. I hated that look of bending the leg so I just found a sweet spot where it stands just fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem is probably that not all of the upgrade parts are made at the same time. Maybe they have the next upgrades in the planning phase, or even halfway, but if you want to test if your robot works with full upgrades you're going to have to have versions of all those upgrades, and where neccesary: tweak.

But my guess is they haven't heard about that process, either.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  4. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I figured the 3 pages would be nothing but hate, as usual, but I'll still be getting these:thumb 

5. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :bowdown: 

All this hate is really annoying me... but I started to think that's a weird envy thing that forces some people to write always the same shit when CD announces a new upgrade... I can't understand other reasons. You don't like what CD does ? Ok, it's good, but no one will force you to buy their products and, unfortunately for all you haters, your usual hate isn't so usefull to stop their buisness :rolleyes: 

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The only thing I hate is seeing vintage toys get wrecked.

7. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    which happened to ONE guy, on the 11th piece Crazy Devy released, which made them add replacement pieces so it wouldn't happen to anybody else, AND the guy it happened originally got replacement wings anyway so why do people who never even bought CD pieces in the first place seem to have a personal vendetta against them?:rolleyes: 

8. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    "With plastic shreding action!"

9. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    So......everyone against these are envious because other people are spending rediculous amounts of money on small parts and they aren't....

10. Digilaut

News Credits:
    You're right. I'll stop!

But saying that people who dislike this stuff are somehow envious is silly, just saying. Envious of what exactly?

I'll stop posting on CD updates from now on :) 

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    This. It's trendy to hate CrazyDevy these days, everyone wants to jump in the bandwagon regardless of if they've used their products or not. It's the cool thing to do! Just like iGear bashing.

12. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, "envy" might not be the exact reason, but it definitely is some form of hate that people just seem to have towards CD stuff that all their threads are just pages full of the same replies from people who have no interest in buying them in the first place. it's weird, but no need to stop posting updates if you're the first to see them:thumbs2: 

13. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You don't have to own any of their products to know that, compared to how other 3rd party companies do things, the way they price and release their products is just stupid. I've thought that since the Devastator upgrades started being shown. Instead of doing the smart thing and bundling a few of their items into one pack at a reasonable price (by 3rd party standards), they do.....well this.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sure the quality of their stuff is just great, but their business decisions makes no sense...

14. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Not everybody is bandwagon jumping, at least I don't feel I am. I've been raising eyebrows ever since the first upgrade CD has put out. You're right that I have no interest in the product, and like I discovered in this thread, yes, I am becoming a bit of a broken record on it - I don't like it when other people keep repeating their dislike over and over on things I like, so I won't do that anymore, but just for clarification, this is why I don't like their products:

1. Instead of releasing their upgrades alltogether, or at least in some bigger packs that make sense, they release every single little upgrade seperate. I'm surprised they haven't gone as far as releasing left and right hands individually. It's silly.

2. The prices for each individual upgrade are pretty damn high, especially if you consider that most of them, judging by what they are and their amount of detail, even for small runs, should not require that amount of money to produce. I'm not against making a profit at all, but if you keep releasing every upgrade individually for outrageous prices, you're catching a pretty hefty profit with every single unit sold.

3. Half of the upgrades so far are utter pointless.

4. This might piss some people off, but some die hard fans have shown that they just don't care about how much they are spending on silly things, just for the sake of 'completion'. Of course, everybody should be allowed to spend their money the way they see fit, and nobody is forcing anybody to buy these products. Still, I feel these upgrades are mostly catering to these people specifically, and when I see posts of people willing to spend 30 or 40 dollars on brick feet, I'm wondering why.

5. The incident with Optibotimus' Divebomb's wings getting damaged might be only ONE incident, but the way CrazyDevy has responded to it has been really immature. They DID give him replacement wings, as far as I know, but after that, they've made sure that no bad thing is to be said through their own channels. Next to that, they were quick to come with ANOTHER upgrade - and instead of really notifying people that the upgrade can damage your toy, they present the neccesary add-on as a 'complimentary gift'. That's called a cover-up.

iGear gets a bit of bashing from me because they take an existing mold that belongs to another company, resize it, and then release a million variations of it. I wouldn't be opposed to them releasing 10 Optimus Primes if they had bothered to make their own version. Now they're just taking some other people's hard work and - although I wouldn't say they did nothing on their own at all - are making money off it.
    Not everything from iGear is ripped, fortunately..then again, everything that is not ripped is not really that interested or well-constructed. :( 

I agree. Continue posting them, it's TF news and some people are interested in it.

You now know my reasons, agree or don't agree with them, maybe you'll even find them hypocrite or shallow, but that's how it is. :) 

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    He didn't get replacement wings from them, he got them from friends. CrazyDevy were an ass to him about it, saying he didn't have "artisan skills" to correctly add the part.

But yeah, that's in the past, and they changed it. They never apologized for their product destroying his vintage divebomb or anything, but it's over now.

Doesn't change the fact that for what these things are, they're vastly over-priced, and one of their devastator add-ons introduces a horrible, ugly gap in the figure's body. But I'm sure that in time, they'll be happy to sell you a tiny new part for $20 that fills that gap that they made.

16. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    Good points, Digilaut and I can understand them. I try to see this from both sides and ultimately, it just comes down to each individual's taste. Crazy Devy is pretty much the only reason I even have a Devastator and Superion right now, bc since I lack the nostalgia most people here have for these toys, I always thought the toys looked like shit and it wasn't until CD release(ed) these pieces that I was even remotely interested in them.

I, too, really do wish the prices would be a little cheaper though, but besides MP's, I don't really spend money on TF's buying scouts, deluxes, voyagers, leaders, etc. so I can't really complain about lacking the money to help pay for these:lol  But I'm sure the bashing'll continue and I guess there's nothing I can do but just read through them whenever they announce the next piece is a Predaking knuckle spike:drool: 

17. anubis20

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    They did email everyone who ordered through them the very next day Optibotimus found out about the issue regarding the screwed up wings.

18. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Beat me to it, Lol

19. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perfectly agree, again ;)  I never got a Devastator or a Superion until I saw the CD upgrades... Only exception is Predaking, that has always been one of my favorite G1 toys and with these changes, it'll become one of my favorite TFs of all eras :D 

Anyway I understood your point, Digilaut and I respect the fact you wanted to argue very well your disappointment :) 

20. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    *knuckles*