CrazyDevy CDMW-11 Predaking Wing Upgrade Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Is this a reply to the guy who did the review? Because that wasn't me.

Stay away from my cat, that wasn't even him! :lol 

2. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So because i block you on my youtube channel you think you can come here huh? Ok well i'll tell you the same thing i said on there...since all you did was copied and pasted your comment on my channel...I'm sorry if you don't like hearing negative views. My opinion is an honest one. I entrusted a figure that i paid 600 dollars for, to a company that i trusted wouldn't damage my figure. Personal stuff? Like what? This is a review...it's going to get a honest opinion. If you can't handle that, i suggest you find someone else to watch. I don't don't get you to be honest. You can disagree, but my opinion is my own. I'd like you to point out the personal stuff that you're so offended by. I'm offended that they ruined a figure of mine. My job is to review the item. I did...and it damaged my figure. I'm going to tell people that. Otherwise i'm not doing a very good job now am i?

3. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    He's referring to me. He left that exact comment on my video..then proceeded to insult me and said i was crying about the situation...to which i blocked him on youtube. Then brought his b.s. here.

He also has a rather creepy obsession with telling me he wants to steal my cat...

4. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    YOUR CUTE, I UNSUBSCRIBED BEFORE I RECEIVED ANY BLOCK FUNNY GUY, ANYWAYS THIS WAS JUST SENT BY CRAZYDEVY
    "Btw, just want to let you know that a "Wing stabilizer" will be come
    together with the CDMW-11 complimentary protective parts as a free
    gift for every customers, thanks!"

5. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    its a cute cat thats all :) 

6. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't really care if you unsubscribe. If you can't handle an honest review...perhaps someone else is more your style. I'm not going to give a rave review about something that damaged my vintage figure.

In regards to any emails sent and received...i included the initial emails that other people have received from them. Giving them a fair voice. Your comment on my channel about them choosing the wrong reviewer to review their products is utter b.s. I've done reviews of just about every single thing they've issued and have given them glowing reviews each and every time. Because i do love their products. But damaging my figure, had to be brought to the attention of other people. If you can't understand that...perhaps you could do your own reviews of their products.

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the review had probably the opposite effect for me. It made me decide not to buy these upgrades. Besides just looking out of proportion, the potential to damage my figure seals the deal. We don't know what the other upgrade sets will be to make the wings in-proportion. As far as we know, it will take another 6 sets and cost $200+.

The upgrade also depends on a wing section with really tight joints just to stay in place. Gravity is not your friend with these.

8. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm glad i could help either way. Like i said in the video..it's a nice looking set, that i can see the potential in. You're right though, the price will add up considerably. But i cannot recommend to someone to buy this particular set, unless you have an extra set of vintage wings to put this upgrade set on. I think that's fairly safe and sound advice...but i'm bias naturally haha

9. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Optibotimus, thanks for the review! I bought the Devastator parts because of your review and pre-ordered the Predaking stuff as well. They are expensive, but lets face the facts...Predaking is the ultimate combiner and is worth the extra money to bring out his true menacing prowess. I hope they replace the wings for you, but if not they are relatively cheap by themselves on ebay. Keep up the great work, I always look forward to your reviews.

10. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thank you very much for the compliment. It actually makes me feel good knowing i helped anyone...for good or bad to make a decision. I've said to friends that while these sets ARE expensive. Honestly, if you can afford to have a Predaking or Fort Max (in reference to their upcoming sword for him) and you complain about the prices of this stuff, IMO you shouldn't have a Predaking or Fort Max in your collection. That's just my opinion and not a knock on anyone at all. Luckily..some great friends that i've made here on tfw have pulled together and did a bit of fund raising and got me a new Divebomb figure to replace the vintage wings with. I couldn't be more happy or excited about having friends like that. It's truly and awesome thing to see the community here come together to help a fellow collector out. I was speechless when i was told they did that.

11. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow that's incredible! If I had known I would have chipped in a few bucks! :thumbs2: 

12. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    the fact you'd even consider it is enough for me. This is an amazing community we're apart of and i'm very grateful to have made such terrific friends. I see you're semi local too...we have a local L.A. meetup in the L.A. area every two months...our next one is from what i gather, in December...maybe you could make it up here for that one or other future ones.

13. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    That's kinda weird though... Isn't that like raising money for Bill Gates? :p  Paul can already afford all the expensive toys and prerelease samples he wants. If people were raising money for me, I would thank the people but politely turn the offer down.

14. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LMAO...i wouldn't put myself in the same class as Mr. Gates...that's for sure. I had planned on getting a replacement. But my friends did this without me knowing. I wasn't aware of it until after the fact. I would have turned them down, you bet i would have...but that doesn't diminish the offer or desire they have to help a friend out. And for that, i'm grateful. It's more about the fact they even wanted to do this...had i gotten wind of it sooner, i would have made sure they saved their money.

15. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

arent all companies out to make a profit? Nothing Hasbro does is with the fans in mind first. Its all about selling toys to kids not spending thousands of dollars to make adult collectors happy.

Now, if it was me and I spent $500-$600+ on a TOY, I wouldnt be looking to alter it in any way. I would be looking to protect that investment.

I'm Not saying that its the toy owners fault, Im just stating my opinion

16. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't particularly look at my figures as investments. To do that would suggest i plan on selling it down the road. No amount of money could get me to part with this figure. The upgrade itself is meant to enhance the look of it. And based on the previous sets i've gotten from Crazydevy...they gave no indication that this would be the result. They have a good track record with me...things happened unfortunately that i wish didn't happen...but the bottom line is it's my fault. I was just trying to help others not make the same mistake

17. VitaminZinc

VitaminZinc Bad and Evil

After buying a majority of the Devastator upgrades, I can't say I'd buy the Predaking ones--especially now. And while the Devastator ones are fun, it's really not necessary for the price.

I'm getting the reissue Predaking pretty soon and I would be livid if the wings were ruined like that. I can only imagine how disappointed you feel to have a vintage Predaking destroyed like that.

18. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

that looks ridiculous. Maybe once the whole set of add on parts is combined it will look good. But as is, no.

19. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the review. It was very helpful. Kickback's comments about the weight and strain on the joints are also very helpful. I will keep my preorder up with Crazydevy because I am happy with what they have made so far. As the silhouette on the packaging seems to indicate future upgrade sets, I will wait until everything is in my hands before adding the wings. And the protector parts for the wings ,,, hopefully they will help, but it's hard to see how anything can protect the original Divebomb wings by using this set.

20. alien

alien Command

hell man, this is poor engineering design!