Crazydevy CDMW-07 G1 Rumble/Frenzy Upgrade Set Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Jun 4, 2010.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i would have bought MJ's version in a heartbeat if they were not made of resin. I owned a few resin products and will never again. Resin is just far more fragile then plastic.. A accidental fall from your shelf and that resin kit is done for.
    If these CD's dont go lower in price then ill have to bite the bullet and maybe get a resin set (and seal them in a plastic case so they cant fall) since they are cheaper. Its just that resin is scary stuff to pay so much money for.

2. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What I don't understand is that CD mass produces these things where as MJ is just one guy doing it as a favor to the community, and yet CD charges more for an inferior product. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

3. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Inferior is a matter of opinion. As PrimulArchangel pointed out, Resin is far more fragile than the type of plastic CD uses. Please keep in mind, though, that I am not defending CD's prices. I do think they are on the high side.

4. MAIDEN JAPAN

MAIDEN JAPAN Banned

News Credits:
    Well I see CDs start offering their version of pliedrivers, I decided to lower the price of my set to $45 including shipping to United States. This applies to anyone who is still on my preorder. For those interested to purchase my set just give me a PM.

5. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is that Soundwave cartoon accurate head still available?

(Reads quoted post) ah yes it is!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  6. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Good review! Crazydevy's head and crotch attachment are ok but would be better if somehow compatible with the transformation of the cassette(s). The cartoon accurate weapons are nice but the pile-drivers (just so-so) look like they could use some, dare I say, chrome to look more hydraulic.

Now if someone could come up with combined pile-drivers and hands for Alternators Rumble (Frenzy) ,similar to what is posted in the customs pictures on here, that would be golden.

In comparison to Perfect Effects figures, cost, quality, etc., the Crazydevy set is an add-on set intended for the cassettes. Whereas PE's intent was to give Powered Nemesis a different kind of shoulder weapon than City Commander and Powered Commander. The red and blue PE figures are just compliments to the black figures and could be used in the same way or as stand alone characters. Or to put it in a nut shell: different manufacturers, different sets, different intentions.

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Recently added the PE-01FR Shadow Warrior Two-Pack to my Pile of Loot. I think it's a better deal for the price.

8. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

The sad part about the Shadow Warrior is how it doesn't even fit well into the City Commander's shoulders. So in that sense, the Shadow Warrior fails to deliver as a different shoulder weapon for CC. That's a big downer IMHO.

Back on topic, I don't really think the pile drivers need any chrome. They look fine to me.

9. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They look cool and all, but the price is too much, and honestly, g1 figures don't have that much play value to me anyway. Maiden Japan's are nicer, and to be honest, the Shadow Warriors are the definitive versions of these guys for me. Oh well, just my opinion