Crazydevy CDMW-07 G1 Rumble/Frenzy Upgrade Set Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Optibotimus, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    head looks kind of goofy...

3. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not as accurate as they could be...but better then the originals in my opinion lol

4. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the head on mine leans to one side. If they weren't so much I'd grab them. On a side note my birthday is 10/12 ;) 

5. godbomber

godbomber Henkei != Hentai

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, but not "$30 for each one" nice.

6. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

So much better than the originals. I really like these upgrade kits, but have to agree with others. The price is steep. I could go for $20 per kit, but $28 is too high for me. Still very nice upgrade kits.

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    They look small, scout size?

8. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah i agree, i thought someone had said these would be cheaper then the other guys pile driver set and would be around 45$ and they would come as a set when they were posted in the radicons.. I was so looking forward to getting them, but not for 30$ a set. Oh well wont be getting my money, not unless they go on clearence on some site down the road.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... I watched the video with the audio off. i was ready to get these till I saw you guys say they were $30 each. Bummer.

10. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

:lolol 

11. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They ripped off MAIDEN JAPAN's creation and jacked up the price without a moments hesitation. Crazy Devy sucks. :mad 

If you want a quality set of the originals and want to support the community click here!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yup maiden japan was first and is way better and cheaper.

crazydev made a half ass attempt ripoff and copied the same idea even the same as how they attach.

that just aint cool, and making extra pieces does not justify it.

13. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love a set of the originals, but I never got a reply to the PM I sent months ago :( 

The CD set is very clever, especially the heads (even if they don't look that great in practice) but not $30 a pop great.

14. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i couldnt find i will agree MAIDEN JAPAN sey looks better but i could not find one on ebay i had to go with crazy dev set sorry

15. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

It's hard to justify that price when you can get the perfecteffect set for the same amount, and it comes complete with superposeable figures.

16. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Maiden Japan doesn't sell on ebay anymore. Last I heard you can order from him if you send him a PM. That's what he recommended when I last spoke to him a few weeks ago.

Here is a review for his set:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...aiden-japan-custom-frenzy-rumble-hammers.html

17. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    To be honest, i don't really see it as copying someone elses idea. It's not like their are a lot of options if you wanna add piledrivers to the arms. And really, in terms of the look, again....they're gonna look the same. If they didn't, we'd be complaining that they aren't cartoon accurate. Whether or not they did actually copy directly from someone else, i can't speak to. I can only offer my opinion on what i have. And that's the CD set. But to say that CD's set isn't quality or to "support the community", IMO isn't a fair statement. CD is trying to help the community as well. I had never heard of Maiden Japan. Nor do i still even know how much their set cost to draw a fair comparison.

18. Tirade

From what I've seen and heard, Crazy Devy has waaaaaaaaay better QC. As for price, that's still $5 or so more to get the Shadow Warrior (probably closer to $10). Not sure how there is much of a comparison. Both companies are expensive. However, if I had to roll with one, I'd gladly pay a little more for CrazyDevy's upgrades.

19. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maiden Japan sold both blue and red pile drivers as well as a more G1 accurate head for Soundwave for $50 shipped!

Now granted yes, MJ did only make a few around 100 or sets because well, he doesnt have the time and didnt expect everyone to be clammering for them.

Crazy dev, i would say no longer than 2 wks of MJ coming out and making bank they a shitty rushed looking job photo to advertise for it, which to most made it look like they wanted to jump on that gravy train.

to me there could be other ways to do it, i think the head and proportions of CD's is off. But again my opinion.

This could be nice for those who missed out on MJ's but are going to pay alot more. But I can tell you know, if one of MJs set went on ebay, it would sell for more that CD's, which is the crazything.

20. Tirade

So if MJ's would go for more, what's the point? People want affordable kits right? And as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather seem upgrade kits like these made available to more people. If CrazyDevy is the one to do that, fine with me.