CrazyDevy CDMW-03, CDMW-03a, and CDMW-04 Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by influence82, Nov 1, 2010.

1. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In addition to being high-priced, CrazyDevy products are also small and well detailed (Predaking's wings look big, but are really too small to fit).
    Packaging is nice and simple:
    [​IMG]
    Simple instructions are in the back. Notice that Hightower/Hook attach the reverse way to be able to fit the new part. Doing so allows Devastator to use the hook and claw on Hightower as a weapon accessory.
    [​IMG]
    The items out of the package. I was really disappointed in the fact that I had to glue Devastator's eyes myself. The eyes are really tiny glitter specks. The smaller eyes are the diameter of a paper clip. They are so easy to loose.
    [​IMG]
    I added the parts on in the alt mode. Scrapper's new shovel has quite sharp teeth. Definitely would not meet a child safety law. Neither would the microscopic eyes. Also, the new face does not exactly match the Mixmaster gray.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I first added CDMW-03's hand
    [​IMG]
    The face is ugly as it should be (as all bayformers are, which I like). I like the details despite the fact that I had to carefully glue the eyes. The 10 eyes make it look more formidable, despite the small size.
    [​IMG]
    The robo testicles are really cool because they connect to Overload's wheels. This means that they look like they are actually hanging out due to the free balling wheels. They move independently. Very creative.
    [​IMG]
    CDMW-04's hand is larger and looks better. Caution: this one broke because it was so fragile. Luckily I had super glue from gluing the eyes so I was able to fix this. I prefer that they use bendable rubbery plastic for these delicate pieces. This should be called "Delicate Devastator" in my opinion. None of the plastic is flexible.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CDMW-03* had the G1 color parts and the new face. I added the face to the movie color version and the purple parts to the G1 green color version. I used the Takara EZ Collection version since it had purple plastic. The Hasbro G1 green version does not have purple plastic. CrazyDevy made this set for the Takara version anyway.
    [​IMG]
    This Devastator looks more G1-ish with the purple hands. it also looks better with the upgrade.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The new and improved Legends Devastators.
    [​IMG]
    Overall, the upgrade sets improves the look of the Devastators, so they do what they are supposed to do. However, you need jeweler's hands to handle these parts as they are delicate and fragile. The way that the items attach are creative, so CrazyDevy deserves some credit.

2. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Those are some expensive balls.

3. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder why there are 2 different attachments for the hightower arm? Which is more accurate? Thanks for the review btw, I've been on the fence about these sets. I think I'll hold out for a BBTS clearance.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yuck. the fact you mention they are expensive and that they broke and you had to super glue is a joke. the face looks worse than the original and the new hand is ok but makes the other hand look incomplete now.

5. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    1st thanks so much for the review, i couldnt find anything on how to add the parts, wasnt smart enough for directions :) 
    so i think i figured out on the right hand the middle part of shuvel is just cramed in the existing finger slot and has to be removed in order to form the entire shuvel in alt mode?
    n the left arm was super hard, i saw that new hand fit perfectly combiner port but had no idea how to connect it backwards to the shoulder, so i went with putting the shoulders combining peg in the cage of the left arm, which at 400x zoom looks like u did,and i actually get some articulation from that arm now as the cage seems to hold arm correctly, is this what you did?
    again thanks for review, i love my g1 colored devy