Crazy Ultimate X-Men theory

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Dalarsco, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

What if Proteus did survive his run in with Collosus by slipping into Marvel Girl somehow? He then could have exploited the Hellfire Club's crazy Pheonix God beliefs in an attempt to take over Jean without being identified by Xavier? THat being said, if this is the case I'm sure the real pheonix will appear in Ultimate X-Men soon enough.

2. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Well that is an interesting idea. Given that he was sharing Psylocke's body at the time and she some how jumped into a body several miles away I can see them explainning Proteus somehow jumped bodies at the last moment as well. It is possible at any rate. But I dunno about him jumping into Marvel Girl. Given the events we've seen so far, I think it really is the Phoenix Force inside Jean. I also read some place (Newsarama I think) that the Phoenix will be showing a stronger presence very soon.

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Ya, the theory made much more sense at midnight. No one at Marvel would decide to do something that would probably piss off so many fans as making Pheonix Proteus in disguise. I forget, is she appearing in Ultimate Extinction? I heard something about her and Prof. X trying to contact Galactus. Maybe the Pheonix Force finally fully reveals itself and she ends up pwning the big man himself.

4. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

In issue 2 of Ultimate Extinction, Nick Fury asks Professor X if he'd use Cerebro to telepathically contact the swarm they've detected headed their way (which are some how connected to Gah Lak Tus). Jean explains it'd be possible but they'd need to make some modifications to Cerebro to get that kind of range to which Nick Fury says they'll have a bottomless budget. Also the solicitations for issue 4 shows Jean working with Invisible Girl and Vision on Cerebro's modifications on the cover.

5. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Thanks for the info. Ya, I'm sure we'll see some Pheonix action. Of course, it will be a while before I read it. I read TPBs instead of regular comics. Much easier to find the one that I want on my shelves.