Crazy Drivers in China

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exomega255, May 27, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
  2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Hell, that sort of thing happens on a daily basis here in Taiwan.

The best is when I'm going along a single-lane alley, get about 10 feet from the exit and some wanky asshat decides he's going to pull in and refuses to back out to let me out, instead insisting that I should back up the entire length of the lane so he can get where he's going. I usually throw the car into park and lean back with my hands behind my head and fake going to sleep then.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The person in the grey car was a moron.

What the hell was goign on there anyway?

There is more than enough room for two cars, dude in BLUE car has total right of way and yet reversed twice. Idiot in the grey car doesn't try to ge tto the other side of the road but simple moves forward into the blue car again and again.

I would love to know what the moron in the grey car was saying. They were walking with a very big stick while talkign on a phone. They went fishing and caught exactly what they were looking for.

4. panzerjedi

panzerjedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Assault with a deadly weapon.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    that's just all kinds of stupid.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Anything to save 'face'.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I believe they were on a one lane. Maybe its at a more country side of China where there is no separation of lanes, so both cars technically have the "right of way"? (its not the same as in America or other countries for sure).

My best guess is that they were yelling at who should YIELD, and ofcourse, yielding = submitting = you are a lesser person = pride hurt = no. So thus, they started to curse.

8. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

meh.. New York drivers are a billion times worse

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Both of these. That was fucking ridiculous.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It would be hilarious if the person driving the blue car was a woman.

Sure like to know what happened in the end.

11. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Thinking about it again, I wonder if China's economy just expanded faster than they could teach people proper driving etiquette. I heard they have millions of new drivers using their roads with each passing year.

Also, I dunno if it applies here, but I've heard that in some countries they have the rather obnoxious custom where the guy in the bigger car simply expects smaller vehicles to get out of the way.

I've driven on some extremely narrow country lanes(which are also very twisty and hilly), and when you inevitably meet oncoming traffic, someone just has to pull in to let the other past. Sometimes it's me, sometimes the other car, but it never has to be a big deal. Give and take. Which wouldn't even be necessary in this case if they'd keep more to their own side of the road.

13. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Road rage......

14. wikkiddavis

wikkiddavis The wikkid man

News Credits:
    Guy who hit that Car is a idiot! now he has to pay to get both cars fixed,higher Insurence bla bla bla not to mention a Felony Attemped murder sence he did in fact about run that guy down!

All he had to is say OK OK OK ill let you go around and Move on with life and Get home sefe! Stupid People this is why I hate Driving!

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    down here, i hate people who can't be bothered with maps. (or taking the time to stop at a safe place, and PLOT A COURSE.)

we have a highway that runs pretty much from East to West from AL to GA and yet, all the time, i get stuck behind cars with GA plates driving at 35 mph in the passing lane of a 4 lane highway as if totally effin lost.
    the tragedy is that these idiots are the same ones that will make sudden stops, U-Turns or other changes without signaling and create accidents.

Last year we had 3 accidents like that. (plus the fact that the drivers were all on cell phones at the time listening to another idiot give poor directions, being distracted and then wrecked.)

As for kooky asian driving stereotypes, i have seen my share of that, too. We have a lot of army guys who marry a korean lady and the first thing they do back here is let her drive.

i think it should be state law that the instant any asian lady tells a cop "i can't read the signs, i don't have to obey what i can't read" she should be tazed and booked as though she's carrying a deadly weapon.

we've had several of them feign ignorance of basic driving skills after plowing into someone's car, sometimes killing folks.
    it's not that they are stupid, it's just that they seem to act like driving is something they don't have to practice.
    i wish people would put in the effort to learn how to drive rather than demand a license as their god-given right.

kooky drivers...ugh.