Crazy Devy "Devy" now complete?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by megamonkeytron, Aug 26, 2011.

1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    CrazyDevy directly is $18.95 + $9 in shipping so $27.95 from them directly. If you look at it that way BBTS isnt that bad.

2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Yeah I was actually about to pre-order it from there till I caught that!

So is there anyone else offering this with out the $10 rape?

3. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    It's been listed that way for quite a while now. And if BBTS isn't getting new stock in as well(just listed as out of stock) I have to assume there hasn't been a true resupply.

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So people have paid what, 200 bucks for a complete set of Devy parts that only add articulation, a new head, and a bigger crotch? I'm glad I didn't start on this set when it first came out. Cool for people who want to get extreme cartoon accuracy though. Just not, imo, 200 dollars good.

5. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's really not so bad that each piece comes out here and there. Makes its more manageable in my opinion. Are the pieces overpriced? Mostly, but if they released the whole kit at once I'd have a much harder time dropping $200 all at once. It was fun getting each new piece and slowly watching my Devy grow bigger and meaner over the months.

Devy was a neat combiner, but I didn't even have one until the first CD pieces were announced. Now I can't imagine not having one.

I've done the same with Predaking, and with the hands in my POL I may consider grabbing this as well...though it really doesn't bring much to the table.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I don't think this is complete. They'll probably release shoulder adapters to let his arms clear the chest wing.

7. dcarpenter46

dcarpenter46 Transformers Emporium

I always thought they were a great idea, just to overpriced for a add on piece. How much you selling yours for? Without the devastator or with.
    And if you know anybody that wants a Masterpiece Rodimus from hasbro let me know.
    David

8. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Every Crazy Devy item I've bought has felt disappointing and enormously overpriced when in hand. Each piece comes packaged with a thick cloud of regret.

9. Scully

Scully Ham Sandwich

Hope not I really need the hands and gun.

10. perrych17

perrych17 Well-Known Member

It would make sense to put out a "complete set" of all the parts before the new not-Devastators getting too far into production, as I don't see too many people putting up $600 for an ultimate Devastator or whatever for Maketoy and still buying this set. There are only so much cash folks have for TFs! But ... if they could buy a complete upgrade set for a fraction of one of these sets costs, it would make it much more tempting. But I guess it all comes down to what their profit margin is and if they are good with the sales they have made. But I must say the prices for some of these parts are - too sadly quote Jem and the Holograms - truly, truly, truly outrageous. :) 

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

where are the good damn heels? :lol 

it's all fine and dandy that he has all the possibility. but it doesn't mean SQUAT with out the heels.

12. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered...

The only thing that sucks, is that I meticulously applied Repro Stickers to the regular chest piece. And the fact that I have to choose between the Purple or Silver mixers.

As it is, I am already deep in CD parts. Own all the devy ones, so there is no way I can stop now. No regrets here. :D 

Oh and I agree Dolza. Heel upgrades. Make it happen!

13. PM Longstacks

PM Longstacks Active Member

I've seen the actual wing and crotch plate go for this much on ebay, so if you're buying a G1/G2 Devy piecemeal, that it wouldn't be that much more to get these parts instead of the genuine deal.

14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    they probly will never know they might organize it to come out with devs bbts might even do order these two togther and get a discount

15. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I only have the legs for my devy. For which I still need the rest of the parts but geesh, it seems like its going to cost me an arm and a leg to finish mine. Thats just something right now I don't have is cash to finish him and with the HUGE costs of these parts, its sort of a burden to ANYONE that wants the parts but can't afford the big cost that goes with it. I just have to wonder WHY they don't bundle it and sell it for say 50bucks with all the parts you need. I mean theirs truely NOT over a C-note worth of plastic parts their I mean come on. I support crazydevy but NOT the prices that OTHER companys are selling them for. I don't have paypal cause I have had fruad from paypal before so no CC for them to get from me so I am reduced to ordering them from online stores. Its a shame you can't buy these in stores which would be really cool if you ask me. I still have to finish my Predaking as well as I only have the wings and the cannons but theirs another problem their as well just like devy. I truely can not afford that huge devy cause 600$ is really alot of money to throw down for something.

16. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a serious post or not?

17. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What? are you trying to say that I am a JOKE cause if you are I take offense to that and feel DISRESPECTED and YES its serious post. Everyone else bitches and moans about what they like or dislike and I am sure you are no different. I just don't complain about everything but this time their is something I have to say on it.

18. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

easy there guy, I'm not calling you a joke. You can complain all you want, but what are you doing to fix your situation? This hobby isn't a burden unless you make it one and complaining about prices isn't going to make any one sympathetic. I can't afford a ferrari but I don't complain on ferrari boards about it. They would just laugh at me and tell me to get a better job, lol.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea; there is no point to these upgrades if the thing can not stand any OTHER way lol!

20. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The heels would be the last bit needed for Devastator. I hope CD moves onto finishing the other combiners. Bruticus and Menasor, with their current add-ons, look very awkward at the moment.