Crazy comic concept

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by jorod74, Jun 5, 2011.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

Feb 8, 2007
    News Credits:
    I watch Miami Vice quite a bit. it's showing its age and at times comes off cartoonish.
    But at times, there were some great stories.

One element of the show that was under-utilized was Castillo, and even then, was the way early on the show hinted at the supreme bad-assery of Crockett & Tubbs' boss.

As in one or two episodes, they show Castillo doing things while C&T are stupified by just how bad-ass the man is.

My question is this:
    Could a limited run comic using Castillo, with C&T as background characters, work? Like the way Buffy Season 8 was done or the comic launched after Angel was cancelled?

At least set it within a certain season and have flashback type stories.
    The man was DEA in Thailand, he practiced bushido, he was just a hair short of being Snake Eyes moonlighting as a Miami cop.

anyway, i was really hoping to have something to read as i listened to the soundtrack to GTA:Vice City.
  2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Dec 9, 2003
    Technically anything could work but it probably wouldn't.

From my experience, titles like these need a serious comic fanbase and this wouldn't have practically 0 interest. Buffy survived because the fans of the show are already into the nerd lifestyle such as comics. Same with any sci-fi property. This is why Doctor Who, Buffy, Angel, Transformers, GIJoe, etc can have successful comics. You'll never see a Miami Vice, NCIS, Law and Order, etc comics.

However, the concept may be used for an original indy title somewhere down the line. I don't know about a mix of everything you've stated but there are good mixes of detective-ish style stories.
  3. Blurr ftw

Blurr ftw Quick draw

Sep 2, 2010
    the detective comics were good then they threw in batman and started to base it on him stopping the detective comics and starting batman