Crazy and Fun Fan Theories You Have

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Galvatross, May 14, 2017.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I want to know what crazy fan theories my fellow Transformers fans have regarding fictional characters and the fictional universes they inhabit.

One of mine is Yoda's identity. Yoda's species is noted as "unknown" on the official Star Wars website, but he and Yaddle are obviously, small, green, live for centuries, and Force-sensitive with pointy ears. One possible answer is that Yoda is not a member of a species but a hybrid.

In TFA we are introduced to Maz. She is small, she is over 1,000 years old, and she is not a Jedi, but she is sensitive to the Force. She also lives on a castle that is on a planet that is very green with meadows and forests and abundant water. Rey even notes how she thought there would be nowhere as green in existence.

What if Maz is Yoda's and Yaddle's mother given some of their common characteristics, but if so who is the father?

The answer may be the ogre known as Shrek or another of his green comrades! Shrek is green and has funny ears just like Yoda! Furthermore, the planet Shrek lives on with Duloc and Far Far Away has never been confirmed as Earth in any of the Shrek films. Given that Shrek lives in a swamp and Takodana is so lush, Shrek's planet very well may be the same world Maz makes her home on. And over the centuries Maz and Shrek raised some very unique children who would become Jedi.

What about Fiona? Well, perhaps ogres live a long time, so maybe Shrek had another wife before or after he was married to Fiona.

That theory may be unlikely, but we might as well have fun with the fiction and fictional brands we know.

What are yours? I hope they are some good ones!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Keep fuzz in fuzz.

I support the Godhead theory for the Elder Scrolls universe. People say that is was supposed to "just be a joke", but it lines up, and Skyrim included some text that supported it. Tyber Septim did achieve CHIM, and what I believe also is that the Dragonborn was in the process or mantling Shor during Skyrim. Mantling is the process of mimicing an individual to such a point that the universe ceases to to differentiate the two. Tyber Septim also apperently did this after he had achieved CHIM. Thus partly his acesion into Godhood.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I think KITT was created from Cylon technology after the events of Galactica 1980.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    Guts is the reincarnation of Gaiseric's spirit, while Skull Knight has the body.

5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    zeno, dumplin, mr. popo, onion (steven universe) and tangela/tangrowth are all the same entity

• Like Like x 2
  6. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    The reason why Neville Longbottom sucked at magic was because he wasn't compatible with his wand which originally belonged to his father. (I think this one's been confirmed)

There really is a Grand Northern Conspiracy going on to place a Stark in Winterfell.

One of the briefly mentioned background characters
    Tyrion
    runs into in A Dance of Dragons is a Faceless Man.

Aegon VI is a Blackfyre pretender.

Sarella = Alleras

The birds on that island Luke and Rey are stuck on have a connection to The Daughter from The Mortis Arc.

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

This theory intrigues me. Why Tangela/Tangrowth of all Pokemon?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

The Ninja Turtles are Force sensitive. Unfortunately Shredder is also.

Mikey takes 2 lightsabers and links them together with a chain. Donny has one that's Darth Maul style. Leo 2 regular Jedi sabers and Raph 2 Light-Shodos.

I probably drifted into Fanfic, didn't I? I suck at this.

• Like Like x 2
  9. marvel b

News Credits:
    well, i don't know if my friend believes it anymore, but i got him to believe that the new york yankees are so rich, they pay the other team so they win. they lose to keep the charade up.
    the soulless eyes on the shadowed body....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and all the other Good Kaiju come from Krypton sent by Jor-El to Earth live in peace.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Our world, Lord of the Rings and Thundercats are all in continuity. Lord of the Rings is on Middle Earth. Thundercats are on 3rd Earth. We are on 1st Earth. So something happens in the future where all tech is gone & magic is around. Lord of the Rings. then way later in the future, the Thundercats arrive.

12. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I like this one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. flamepanther

Two for the Terminator franchise:

1. John Connor is not John Connor.
    The John Connor we know struggles with his destiny of being John Connor because he's not. Or rather he is, but he's not the original. To resolve the "bootstrap paradox", there has to have been an earlier timeline where Kyle Reese is not John's father, but Sarah Connor still has a son named John by a different father. The original John Connor would've come by his fighting and leadership skills more naturally--he'd have to, since no one would have been training him from birth to fight the Machines. He sends Kyle Reese back in time to protect Sarah, but Kyle accidentally ends up replacing John's father in the process, kick-starting the loop of the paradox. The "new" John Connor then closes the loop by knowingly sending Kyle Reese back after grooming him to become his father, leading to the timeline we see in the original Terminator.

Keep in mind I haven't seen Terminator 3 or Genesys, or read any of the comics or novelizations. So if this is confirmed or contradicted by any of that material, I'm unaware of it.

2. Unofficial shared universe.
    The Matrix takes place in a timeline where Judgment Day has been delayed considerably. The John Connor of this timeline either failed, never existed, or is too old/dead to lead a resistance by the time Judgment Day happens. The Yaldabaoth-like "Deus ex Machina" at the end of Revolutions is an evolved form of Skynet. The torched sky that caused the Machines to use humans for energy and create the Matrix is the same as we see in the future sequence of the original Terminator.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if this technically qualifies (or belongs in the "Weird Misconceptions You Used To Have?" thread) but here goes:

The Jetsons
    As a kid growing up during the Cold War era, I always assumed they all lived above ground because the Earth got nuked and surface remained uninhabitable.
    Funny enough, there's another similar fan theory out there where the Flintstones are actually the Jetsons' future after being literally bombed back to the stone age.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Mortal Kombat and GI Joe exist in the same universe. Storm Shadow is a banished Shirai Ryu clansman. Snake Eyes a Lin Kuei who left voluntarily. Sonya Blade and Jax are Joes.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. flamepanther

That's kinda clever, but "Middle-Earth" is already established as a cognate for the Norse Midgard, meaning the mortal realm of men, not referring to a specific era. Tolkein's works were meant to take place on our Earth, but in the mythic, distant past.

I do think, however, that the use of "Third Earth" in Thundercats was meant to be evocative of Tolkein, even though it doesn't quite fit. :) 

17. marvel b

News Credits:
    my theory on why the pokedex entries are empty is because the trainer has to fill it in themselves with what they think. this way, they can analyze ALL the different entries and compare them.

this also means some trainer are REALLY F'D UP!

• Like Like x 4
  18. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My Favorite:

James Bond, M, Miss MoneyPenny, Q, Felix Leiter, Bill Tanner, etc. are all code names. Each person(actor) is a different person who has filled the job position over time. This also gives the field agents like 007, a mystical legendary "Dread Pirate Roberts" status among the spy/crime world as an unstoppable, invincible man who should be feared by all.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Robocop, The Terminator and Dredd are all different points of history in the same universe. The research that begat Robo led to Skynet while the ED-209 team got their shit together to develop the HunterKillers and the rising Cold War tensions led to the war with the machines, but after it was won, John Connor died and the survivors built, over time, what would become Mega City One.

You can also slot Mad Max in there as a side story in another part of the world.

• Like Like x 2
  20. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Pretty Active

I believe that Spawn was a combination of Spiderman and Batman.