Crazy amount of cheating in Halo 2?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Shipwreck, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I was just wondering if people noticed the crazy about of Cheating for Halo 2 as of late. It seems nowadays that everyone can walk through walls, has more health, super fast. Last night I was against a bunch of them and my friends and I still managed to beat them 6vs6 but the funny part was that the three of us got put on at team with them the very next round and they had a frickin flying warhog haha. Now that I really dont' mind since it was fun to watch but the others are just stupid. I dont understand the need to cheat in a game that a 12 year old can master.

2. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Cheating has been bad since a few weeks after its release. Its also the reason I quit playing the game.

3. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    from what I understand, Bungie can ban those accounts pretty quickly now.

the problem is these cheaters get multiple accounts so its no big deal for them, they just pick up another free trial...

as I've said before here and any other place I've spoken about Halo is that its still the best FPS on consoles and if you just got to get a big friends list or join a large clan so you don't have to play matchmaking against morons.

my tag is FakeTrout. anyone who wants to can add me if you haven't already.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Punkbuster rocks for these reasons.

5. Shipwreck

What is this of what you speak?

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

http://www.punkbuster.com/

It's an anti-cheating system that's constantly updated. Quite alot of the "Big" games these days are incorperating into their games. If it notices anything out of the ordinary on your system or files, it kicks/bans you from the server.

7. Shipwreck

Is Halo2 part of this?

8. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Modding runs rampant in Team Slayer which is why I don't really play it anymore. In Team Snipers the cheaters are usually just doing the super bounces or using the standby that only works for four seconds and acts more like lag than the old standby that sent you to blue screens constantly.

One of the best ways to protect yourself against cheating is by forcing host. It's kind of cheating in it's own way since you always get host, but it stops you from picking up bridgers and pretty much stops modders since they really need host for their mods to give them a clear advantage. The only downside is that it usually takes more time to find a game when you force host.

9. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I used to agree with you, but after many times of sending in emails with Imand and Photoproof, nother ever actually happened to any of the actual users.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    That's why I just don't play online. Just like I got tired of people losing at Madden suddenly disconnecting to avoid taking a loss :banghead:  If your to big a wuss to take your loss, fine...leave...but your players should just sit there and let me run up the score to my hearts content. You can view how bad you got beat apon your return :ev: 

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bungie simply cannot control the amount of cheaters that are currently online. When you sign onto Xbox Live, the inmates run the prison. Plain and simple. And there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

12. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I understand what you are saying. That happened to me a lot. It sucked. I also played Socom a lot and whenever someone was cheeting on my team or on the other team I left. I did not want to win because my team cheated or lose because the other side cheated. I do not play online much nowadays (besides my PS2 broke) and that is part of the reason.

13. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Welcome to the world of online gaming. I guess Xbox Live really did being online gaming to the masses. I haven't played any kind of game like that online in ages since people seem to get kicks out of cheating in a game.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, Punkbuster is only for PC's I believe.

15. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX My turn to protect you.

CHEATING?! IN HALO 2?! I couldn't imagine.

16. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    exactly my point. you play with the populus at large and theres always gonna be jackasses. You can't trust any more strangers in an online game than you can trust strangers in real life. Sure, theres always going to be some good eggs, but the bad eggs ruin it.

Custom games against friends and people you can trust are the only way to really enjoy the game. Hell, we get enough random people jumping in games off other people's friends lists that it never feels like the same people over and over anyway! Plus you can actually trash talk people and they know you're just kidding and compliment them and they know you're serious.

Matchmaking is an OK way to make friends but once you've got some, get out.

17. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Best advice ever. If you want to have fun, simply play with your friends. Most PC games will let you password protect your matches, which is pretty handy if you want to avoid cheaters and just play it with your clan/friends.

Bungie simply cannot control everything. You might think they can since they made the game itself, but if there's one thing those cheaters are good at, it's finding a way to keep cheating once an old way is blocked.

18. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Hmmm I rarely see cheaters when I play Halo 2 on xbox live, maybe i'm just a lucky one.

19. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    my brothers firend paul mods all the tiem in halo2 now, its halarious :p  he's got a rocket launcher that shoots out warthogs, and all his guns are super crazy, the battle rifle, he can fire in any direction and it kills all the guys on the screen instantly, but even he sais that's a little escessive.

its crazy fun! :)  just sucks when other people can't cheat, tat's all, but going in a match being able to cheat too, there's nothing better!

20. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:

It's people like your brother's friend that ruined that game for me. If people want to mod in custom games, whatever. I don't care. But modding in ranked games is just low. Tell him I hope his Xbox burns up.