Craving more Perfect Effect "deployers"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mentok27, Aug 3, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Just because someone at Hasbro is such a some dimwit that they call them Deployers is no excuse to encourage them.

They also called Deluxes - 'Super-Con' and 'Energon Combat' and people had enough sense to pretty much ignore that.. I urge people to ignore this Deployer/Minicon foolishness too.

Cassettes are not Minicons and they are not Deployers.... you might have an argument to say TF Prime Soundwave's chest Mounted Laserbeak is OK in a TF Prime context to call a Deployer as it seems to be non sentient and not a separate individual.

But Why Hasbro feel they can retrospectively rename something after 20 Years and get away with going without comment it I don't know - (Rodimus I'm looking at you).

2. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But te PE figs don't turn into cassettes, te deployer monicker is well suited.

Casseticons and cassetbots just sounds stupid. Much more stupid than deployers....

Deployers also echoes the "combiners" "seeker" "master" terms quite well. I like it. I'll use it. Don't make such a big deal.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    But it's a retrospective renaming - It's every bit as stupid as calling Hot Rod - Rodimus or Outback - Fallback or Bombshell - Insecticon or Hardshell. or in more recent terms calling Eradicons - Vehicons for that matter.

In a G1 derived Universe A Deployer is a non sentient pet of Nightscream a Weapon Accessory - not a sentient being - Ravage is a proper Transformer - does he need to be Described as a Cassette or a USB Memory Stick or anything else ? Ultra Magnus does not have to be described as a "City Commander" every time he's mentioned.

If I felt the need I call them Spy Cassettes or just not bother. also it's easier to say Duo-Cassette or something like that than it is Double Deployer if talking about Soundblaster or beast Box & Squawktalk.

But part of my point is simply that they didn't make up a new term and then retrospectively apply it to Ravage & Co they used ones that already apply to something that already exists ; Beast Machines Deployers - which are Weapon/Beasts that don't combine and are more like glorified Targetmasters, and Minicons which are capable of "Powerlinking" which then enhances the power of the item they are combined with - they can be seen as an extention of the Binary Bonded 'Masters' concept in some ways.

Ravage does not enhance or add power to Soundwave in anyway when he's stored in his chest and he's about 3 times bigger than most Minicons too so he's not a Powerlinker in any meaningful way.

I'm not saying that the concepts might not apply in the future or might even apply to something like Cybertron Soundwave but G1 Soundwave does not meet any of the requirements of those terms.

I'm also not saying terms don't have some flexibility such as a Targetmaster does not have to be a Nebulan. and it also applies to the Seacons... but I'm OK with someone calling Actionmasters that turn from animals into guns "Targetmasters" as a descriptive term - and I suppose the term of Deployer might apply as a descriptive term to a minion of Soundwave. but i'm just pointing out it's some dipstick at Hasbro writing fanfics for that hall of fame stuff and not actually a legitimate canonical term based on any Cartoon or comic source or any vintage toy bio for that matter.

That might change over time as it did with the term 'Seeker'. I'm just saying please don't encourage them to make stuff up as when the do they come out with dribble like 'Megatronus' and make egregiously contradictory comments about fembots not actually being female etc.

4. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

huh? wow. thats some deep s*** right there dog.