Craving more Perfect Effect "deployers"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mentok27, Aug 3, 2011.

1. mentok27

mentok27 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just going through a real heavy Soundwave/Blaster... Soundblaster/twincast phase right now.

I want "Enemy" from shadow warrior.
    "Wingthing" from Ratbat.
    Maybe "flipsides" as a tweaked Ninja but honestly i could do that myself.
    A New mold(bazooka?) for Ravage/howlback/glit

maybe they could pair up Ramhorn/steeljaw... maybe.
    but overkill and slugfest are harder, as are the 4 combiner casset sets... oi.

2. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to find the Ejector & Rewinder set they released a while back.

But yes, these figures rock.

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I just want more groups like the Scouting Force done. I honestly say, in my opinion, that Perfect Effect is the best 3rd Party group :) 

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    If they make a SG Ravage mold I will give them all my money. They almost got me to crack on Rosanna, but I freakin' love SG Ravage too much to pass up.

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Before they do any of that, I want to see the biggest thing: Perfect Effect Soundwave. That will be my classics Soundwave.

6. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    ^ I don't see why 3rd Party companies can't make a Soundwave that transforms into a cassette player. It's not like kids will be buying it, and adult collectors will know what they are anyways.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    hm, well, I don't know. but I really like PE's style of art, and I think since they reimagined a lot of cassette bots, I just want them to make their own soundwave that goes alone with it. If its like a large deluxe and can carry their bots, it would become my classics soundwave.

8. mentok27

News Credits:
    Im more than fine with wfc soundwave, if something comes along that improves on him sure I'll bite but for now I'm keen for the lesser tapes to see remakes....

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    well, WFC soundwave is really awesome. I just liked a more badass 3rd party soundwave since we don't have one (no, Sonicron looks like ass to me). I want one that interfaces with the deployer bots really well. And then maybe they can retool it into blaster. Hey a man can dream, right?

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Ummm BTS made a cassette player Soundwave called Sonicron and sells for $60. It's had a luke warm reception.

On topic. I love me my PE guys. I have Rumble, Frenzy, Ratbat, Eject and Rewind. I just ordered Laserbeak and Buzzsaw yesterday and look forward to finally completing the collection available so far.

One thing about PE's guys. I love em so much and think they work perfect with Classics. I also love me a cassette chested Soundwave with cassettecons. So my issue is, build up on Sonicron and the eventual cassettes or stick with the PE guys and wait for PE Soundwave???
    Only one can exisit in the Classicverse.

I do hope that PE Soundwave is very imaginative and incorperates the little guys in a very thoughtful and creative way.

11. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought the PE Ultimate Form and was highly disappointed. It will be a long time, if ever, if I ever buy another Perfect Effect item.

12. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:

Sonicron's aesthetics irks me. The art is great, but I can't get over the sacrifice of the bot mode to make a cassette player. The bot mode just simply, isn't my taste. I know PE's aesthetics are my taste, and that's why I am hoping for one. I like the classics to be upgraded G1, so I mean, personally, I'd love it if PE does one. I am sure it will surpass Sonicron in both price and badass-ness.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I will have to come t the defence of Sonicron. First off lets get the price out of the way. This is a $60 voyager. Thats a price even FP can't or hasn't beat. So if PE can beat that price...bring it on, but I doubt it.

About the look. I saw one in person at TFcon and it look smuch better in person. Yes it has its faults but to me personally, I think there is more good than bad. They got the Cassette Chest in there and that sold me. So in my world, BTS Sonicron is a good 3rd party figure and not a bad first try. Perfect not but not the miss everyone goes on about.

Because of my PE investment so far I will easily buy PE Soundwave. And I don't get why people are using IF, we saw the silhouette a long time ago...it's coming, it's just a matter of time. But as stated this thing will have to be priced realistically and will really have to interact with the minions. I'm not so worried about F/R and Ratbat because they are weapons but LB and BS are rockets/swords that have special connectors...those are the guys I want to see well intergrated into PE's Soundwave.

I would also like to add that I am a huge fan of the PE look. Between the Neo Cassetticons and Reflector I have me an platoon of lil minions.

14. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

im hopeing the PE soundwave will about the size of warbot,and price. That also comes with a PE ravage and all of his minons can hook to him.

15. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I think you maybe confusing me here, transbot =) I said I believe the PE one will surpass in both quality AND price, meaning I expect it to be more expensive, and probably smaller. I don't want it as big as Sonicron (one of my issues with him)

I suppose the cassette chest does not mean as much to me as it does to many soundwave fans. I prefer more of a "modern" or futuristic cassette chest.

Yeah, I am not saying they did a bad job with Sonicron. I am saying their focus, their aesthetics and their design goal, were not for me, and this is all subjective. Their focus was probably to keep the homage of the cassette chest. I don't care for that as much as a stylized chest. Their aesthetics are different to my liking, but it does not mean its not good. And their design goal isn't what I have in my mind for my collection.

What do I expect from PE? I expect a Soundwave that's around a large deluxe size. I expect lots of accessories or lots of interfacing with the PE cassette bots. I expect him to have PE's aesthetics. I expect the price to be around 100, and I expect the playability and options to reflect the price it demands. I expect it to be a quality product.

But yeah, Sonicron isn't doing it for me. The closest thing that does it for me is WFC soundwave, and that is a badass figure.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want them to make more of the Blaster cassettes (Steeljaw/Ramhorn specifically). I probably won't buy a Ravage since I just use the one that came with Hound.

As soon as I get more money I'm going to buy their stuff...I want the Scouting Force X and the Shadow Warrior Frenzy/Rumble set.

17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    @Exo, yes I misunderstood that. It will definitely cost more than Sonicron. Supposedly, according to most (even though know one has facts), anything above a deluxe should cost 100 or more because it is so expensive to produce these units. Price gauging and the most profit possible has no role in this lol.

I agree with everything you say. The real selling point with PE SW will be how well it interacts with the already made minions. I also like your ideal of it coming with Ravage. I'm sure after making Ravage it will be a simple retool to make SJ and RH.

I would also like to add (cuz no pic is posted yet) that after seeing the silhouette most fans agreed that he will be a Walkie Talkie of sorts.

18. mentok27

News Credits:
    Just ordered ultimate form, kingbat And ninja.... I already have eject/rewind but I just worked out a sale for the new ones ill get in the UF set.

19. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found most of the PE stuff to be range from average to pretty cool... but I recently got myself a Reflector set that I didn't want. Just fiddling with these guys made me really appreciate how awesome they are. These are the best things that PE has come up with so far in terms of quality and engineering.

20. fawnheart2000

fawnheart2000 Autobot

I have Frenzy, Rumble, Rosanna, Sun, Night, Rewind, Eject, and Ratbat. I love all of them except Ratbat's bat mode, to which I customized to have actual wings(if your interested here a link: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/405522-generations-soundwave-ratbat.html It also shows my Soundwave). I'd still like to get Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw, but money is in short supply. I would be very interested in a PE styled Soundwave, or Ravage, Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Slugfest, Overkill, Raindance, Grandslam, Beastbox, and Sqwaktalk as long as their robot modes don't sacrifice too much for the alt. mode like Kingbat's bat mode.