Crap, I think my perception is skewed.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Mar 31, 2009.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

So, sense a lot of orignal Xbox games are now dirt cheap, I've been buying a few titles here and there. The last two Xbox games I bought where Mech Assault 1 and Rainbow Six: Lockdown. Havent tried Mech Assault yet, but when I played R6: Lockdown, I couldn't get all that into the game because it seemed so... bad.

This leads me to being confused, am I just not enjoying this game because it sucks, or am I spoiled by recent shooters that I don't enjoy the older shooters so much?

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I know what you mean, games I loved years ago aint the same when I go back to them. Achievements are screwing up my enjoyment, as i'm going more and more of an achievement whore (i'm aware my achievement score doesn't show it :) ) and i'm not sure why. I have amazing games to play on my DS but I just can't get into them as I feel I will have nothing to "show" for it.

The games you suggested wern't that great to begin with in my opinion but were spoiled as games keep on improving vastly on themselves and we expect games to always be better.

3. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It's very hard for me to play games from past gens once I get into a new gen. It's only a small few games that I can still enjoy.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i think certain genres fall to this to a higher degree. fps games mainly, i mean i know a fair few people still playing street fighter 2 for example - but yeah, i don't think that rainbow 6 is one of those games that ages well :)  halo 1 is pretty playable still if you liked it in the first place.

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Maybe when I get home I'll try out Mech Assault 1 and see if I enjoy that.

I use to play Mech Assault 2:Lone Wolf alot but never got to touch MA1.

6. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Same here. Games from my 1st gen XBox or PS2 now seem aweful next to what the PS3/360 can do. I've sold or traded most of my Xbox/PS2/Gamecube games and only kept a handful of must-keep titles, like MGS 1/2/3 for instance.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

to me, changes...

i'll play Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 but cant play older ones...yet i still the N64 WWE games.

Sports games (mostly NBA and NFL)...i think the 2K games are still good now as it was then.

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Hah. Completely backwards for me. I own next to nothing for my Wii (I can count the titles on one hand*) but use the Virtual Console and my GameCube games like crazy. If for nothing else, the Wii is great for classic gaming. That, in the end made it semi worth it for me, but if it was just a straight forward game playing machine with the current offerings as is...hah. I'd throw that thing out faster than Wreck-Gar. (He's good for one thing...)

*=
    Wii Sports
    Link's Crossbow Training (I do thoroughly enjoy this game, no matter how simple it is.)
    House Of The Dead 2 & 3 (Also, thoroughly enjoy this one. Can play it for countless hours.)
    Emergency Heroes (Reminded me of Chase H.Q. and it was only $20.00 can't complain.)
    Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga (The new levels and special features are nice, worth the $30.00 I paid.)
    GT Racing (I think that's what it's called. Came with the steering wheel...which doesn't really help you steer all that well.)
    Okay...that's six games, so I'd have to borrow a finger from the other hand. :p 

I'm definitely into retro. Though not like 1982 retro... wait. Can't say that, I do have Donkey Kong and DK Jr.

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Thinking about this more, I can get down with some old 2D games but old 3D? That can be tuff.

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I always liked MA1's multiplayer better. You choose your Mech at the start and roll with it. MA2's was awful.

Why haven't they ever made a Mech Assault 3 for the 360!?

11. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Bingo. Olschool 2D platfor games never get boring, but, say, N64 or PS1 stuff? Damn, that shit be harsh.