Crankcase to Hatchet conversion?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Wars, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Hey there guys. I just have a quick question about the Dark of the Moon deluxe Crankcase, for anyone who's tried this.

I don't have a deluxe Crankcase yet, heh heh, don't hurt me, but I'm hoping to pick up three to represent the three Dreads; Crankcase, Crowbar and Hatchet. Anyway, on to my question, is it possible to convert the Crankcase mold into a decent looking Hatchet?

Like, could you just pose Crankcase so that he's on four legs like Hatchet, and does it look good? Or are there a couple of mods I should do to the mold so that it looks better?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out with this.

2. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    The main issue is the lack of a swivel on the arms anywhere but at the bicep, so hands won't rest on the ground.

Legs...can sort of pull of a a correct pose, but the whole thing just looks like a two legged robot in mid-transformation.

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I think this question might be better served if presented in the Radicons creative general discussion.

That being said, I think it's entirely possible. I have a hatchet figure and the head/tail/and claws will soon be transplanted onto a Crankcase to make a proper Dread Hatchet. I think the big challenge will be to make his back not appear to be a roof of an SUV.

4. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Someone has started on one over in the Radicons section...

Here's a link to Primus626's attempt if you want some inspiration :D 

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought about just flipping it so the car parts are on the bottom and adding bits to crankcases chest to look like hathets back

6. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Hmmm...
    Some retooling or modification on Crankcase head, he can make a nice Crowbar.

For Hatchet, I am thinking of getting the Cyberverse version and do some modifications on the neck joint of the Crankcase mold to make it swivel upwards. The hands should not be difficult to do since the original mold is capable of bipedal poses.

7. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    This is just my opinion, but you might want to wait until SDCC this weekend. The deluxe versions of Hatchet and Crowbar might be revealed.

8. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Sorry if I missed this, was it brought up in Botcon? If yes, hell yeah! That would save me from kitbashing them :D 

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I actually just bought a Hatchet and ordered a Crankcase from HTS just so I could put the arms and head from one onto the other. An official release would be sweet. Doubt it will happen though. Since they are packaged in car mode, Hatchet as an SUV would be indistinguishable from Crankcase and hard to sell. Maybe if they pack him in bot mode...

What's the difference between Crankcase and Crowbar? They looked identical to me in the movie.

10. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

not really, but I bet that in SDCC WILL be many DOTM new stuff, 'cause they couldn't reveal it until movie was in cinemas :) 

11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Nothing has been confirmed yet. I'm just saying you might want to wait so you don't risk doing a kitbash for nothing.

One has longer dreads. I can't remember which.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  12. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

Crowbar. And crowbar has no pincers on his back.

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Crowbar also has a slightly differently shaped head, and no pointy middle finger

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I still say SDCC is gonna be a major bust,the only figures I think they will reveal are more Bumblebees and Primes for the movies.And the reason for the lack of news is probably because it is basically that non-news,just repaints out the wazoo.But if I turn out to be wrong about this weekend then fine,as I've been thru this for the other two movies before DOTM.

15. 420bot

420bot ******

I totally agree for the most part... there will be some unexpected new goodness but....

Hasbro is shaking over 2012 profits, now that we know the film toys automatically increase sales by 25%, and last year (2010) they got beat down in sales compared with 2009 sales b/c of what else... ROTF (since there was no new movie last year) they will milk this final film for all it's worth.

I read on seibertron.com that deluxe Q and Duh-ino won't even be out until 2012.

It makes sense b/c hasbro really has no idea how well Prime or Generations will do in 2012, nobody does...except soothsayers and gods.

There strategy is about releasing the redecos now to make room for later waves with new characters that will increase sales in a different fiscal quater.

At the end of the day this is a company that makes money, they don't give a F that some thirty year olds and young kids literally can't wait for the all new movie-verse character toys.

I think this gamble is incredibly smart b/c the BD's/DVD's will renew interest before x-mas and we will see at least some new toys for the holiday rush like every year but even more will come out in January.... just look at how much stuff came out after last December.

16. 420bot

420bot ******

On the other side of my thinking.....

I wouldn't be totally surprized if Hasbro says Jetwing, Dyno, Q, Leader Shocky, Leader Meg's, New Voy. Ratchet, Voyager Hatchet, retooled Crowbar, HA Topspin, HA soundwave, Exclusive 'Giant' Ravage and various others are all on the way to USA stores this Sept/Oct.

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I bought a set for the same purpose. But the Hatchet head is on a hinge and Crankcase is on a swivel. Nothing lines up between the two. Here's my attempt:

[​IMG]

I need to file down the shoulder balls so they fit, and I'm still looking at how to attach the cab back on. I'm thinking with a swivel so the bulk of the shell is behind him more than on top.