craigslist

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by brollicon, Dec 8, 2008.

1. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

does anyone know if craigslist is a good place to get transformers
    if not any other sites besides ebay

2. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

-Craig's List - depends on where you live
    -E-bay - depends on what you're looking for

More?

TFW2005's Junkion forum, Amazon.com, hasbrotoyshop.com, TRU.com, walmart.com, target.com, kaybeetoys.com, tfsource.com, bbts.com and on and on and on. Google "Buying Transformers" or "Transformers for sale". Good luck!

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, I've been dealing a lot more here on the Junkion section than either eBay or Craigslist.

Besides, you only ever want to deal locally with Craigslist anyway. And often enough, I never see people selling TFs.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Craigslist is good if you want to have a fun time and maybe get some free crab meat. But from what I can tell it's not that great for TFs.

5. mykticon

mykticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Down here (Pasadena, Tx)I have actually had some great findings on Craigslist. I got a huge collection for like $200 and it was well worth more, but the guy just didn't want them and aid they were taking up room in his attic. Everything was vintage G1 and had all of the paperwork. It's really hit and miss, but when you find something it usually is great. Good Luck...

6. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up a decent haul on craigslist

complete G1 Jetfire
    MIB Encore Megatron
    reissue takara Starscream MIB
    TRU Prowl MIB
    TRU Smokescreen MIB
    2 Pepsi Prime's 1 sealed one MIB

all for $160, the only thing I'm planning on keeping is the Jetfire the rest I'll resell.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I've gotten some really great deals on Craigslist. My most recent was a G1 Jetfire loose in fair condition with no accessories, but if I told you guys what I paid for it you'd hate me. Any cheaper, it would've been free.

I'll give you some tips for buying off Craigslist that I've learned from personal experience:

+ If pics are not available in the seller's post, email and ask to see them in advance.
    + If no pics are available at all, be extra cautious before proceeding further.
    + Deal only with locals. (That's actually the most important thing to keep in mind.) And avoid US mail or paypal deals that involve shipping. Best to nip that in the bud well in advance and avoid risk.
    + Whether they have pics available or not, ask to meet in a public place to inspect item(s) before buying. Avoid going to someone's home (be safe, always!). I suggest such places as mall parking lots, mall food courts, Target/Walmart parking lots, or fast food joints.
    + Avoid doing deals in public after sunset unless you're meeting in a well-lit public place. (Again, please think safe!)
    + Remember that the seller's price is often negotiable, especially for lot deals. Pay what *you* want to pay for it. Never settle for the asking price.
    + Cash only or no deal.

What makes finding good deals on TFs via Craigslist rather difficult is that sellers either don't know how to spell "Transformers" correctly or they don't use "Transformers" at all in their post and then they misspell individual character's names.

When I found Jetfire for sale, it didn't come up under "transformer" or "transformers" but under "robot" so sometimes it takes a little more effort and creativity with keywords to find TF stuff there.

8. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

If by "Transformers", you mean "hookers", then yeah.

There's probably a few here and there, but mostly I would imagine that it's going to be parents trying to get rid of toys their kid isn't going to play with anymore, so it'll be well-used and fairly recent stuff. For stuff that was kept in good condition, you're probably better off with the Auction sites or Junkion.

9. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a 99% complete 84-86 G1 collection from craigslist! Mostly complete and more then half of it in boxes! There are some deals to be had on there you just have to catch them. Local toy dealers hawk craigslist though so you have to be quick.

10. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

My mother of all people picked up Crossover Venom and Unicron (you know the great big tall orange one) both just a tad incomplete, for $20 altogether. I couldn't frikkin believe it! They're also in great shape! Yeah some lady got'em for her stepson and he told her he "wasn't interested". Oh well, his loss. So yeah you can get some great deals on Craigslist. Btw thanks mom you're the greatest!