Couple questions

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ambushbug74, Dec 12, 2006.

1. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

The other day I reinstalled my MAME software and wanted to play some games with my controller. I plugged in my USB PS2 game pad adapter that I always used and nothing! For some reason, MAME doesn't even recognize it, yet the computer does as I went through the calibration stuff in the control panel and it worked fine there. Does anyone have an idea how I could get it to work again? It doesn't seem to want to work with any games actually. And on an aside, can anyone recommend a good USB controller for the PC? Everyone I get ends up the same way. They work for awhile, but then just stop being recognized. I heard that the Sega Saturn USB pad is a good choice for PCs and that the wired XBOX 360 one works great as well. Does anyone happen to have a wired 360 controller they want to get rid of?

2. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Have you actually told MAME to use your pad by changing the joystick entry in the ini file?

Even the command line version uses DirectInput thesedays, you should have no touble if its setup in Windows.

3. ambushbug74

Ummm... I didn't know about that at all. Would you care to explain that to a dumb guy? Please?

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Open mame.ini with notepad, find the joystick line and change the 0 to a 1.

Unless your using MAME32 or a Frontend, in which case you just find the appropriate menu option.

5. ambushbug74

I ended up figuring it out later on, but thanks again for the info. It worked!