Couple questions about the MACROSS 1/100 scale figures...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Boo, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I've really been getting into Macross/Robotech recently and really wanting to buy some figures. I bought the Yamato VF-0A... nice toy, horrible breakage on the shoulder though. I can't really afford to buy too many of the larger figures (really want the Stealth VF-1J!) and these smaller guys look to be pretty cool and are pretty affordable.

So, any pictures of them with Transformers to get a sense of size? I thought I remember reading that they were roughly in scale with Classics Ramjet?

How's the quality of these guys? My one and only experince thusfar with Yamato has been a mixed bag, and I've heard even worse things about Toynami. I read something about the stands being easily breakable or something...

Also... what's the deal with Toynami's Masterpice collection figures? Are they any good?

Thanks!

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was the first wave, mostly. The second series (VF-1Ds: Max, Mirya, and a white and red one) is reported to have much tighter joints, and a sturdier stand.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No QC problems with the 1/100s here aside from the stand sockets in the first wave, althougth the stickers could have been a bit better. In terms of size, they are just over 5" tall in Battroid and around 6x5" in fighter.

The selection is a bit limited and they apparently won't be doing anymore until they have finished with the new Cyclone/Mospeada toys. Wave 1 is DYRL Roy S, Hikaru A and Max A with Wave 2 being TV Hikaru J, Max J and Millia J.

RMPC toys are notorious for bad QC and breakage, althougth i've not handled them myself.

4. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I like the little more recent New Generation series, they arent transformable they remain in battaloid mode but they are fairly cheap and they are stocky and well balanced.

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Thanks guys! I decided to order the second series from BBTS. Can't wait till they get here!