Couple questions about igor

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by T4mercustomz, May 10, 2012.

1. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. Were his eyes blue and red In honor of the movie being in 3D?
    2. I know he was long hauls head, but did he transform into megatrons mace?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron had a mace?

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    In the first movie he did, but I think he lost it... He never used it again at least...

4. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

=/ God, why can't people just get over that it was a blockbuster movie, with no higher meaning, then just to be a stupid flick?

5. T4mercustomz

News Credits:
    Well excuse me for trying to have a thread that didn't have "(blank) for tf4" in the title

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    That was a flail.

7. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Oops... my bad! :lol 

8. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    You're asking if he transformed into something from the first movie that was never used again...?

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No and no

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I wouldn't put it past them to have Igor's eyes homage the old red-and-blue 3D glasses, but I think it's more likely they went for two completely different eyes to imply he was recycled random robot bits, and two colors was the most obvious (and really only) option.

11. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Exactly. It could go either way, but having Igor's eyes different colors, because he is made from scrap, sounds more reasonable.

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    No, Igor wasn't the mace/flail for Megatron. And as for his eyes? Not sure. They might've been a deliberate reference to 3D, they might not have been.

I'm not really reading any "higher meaning" in the OP's questions. :sly2:  He's inquiring about design-related things. It's completely acceptable to make statements like that regarding say, the story or plot points, but believe it or not the teams hundreds of conceptual artists and visual effects artists did actually put time, effort and thought into their work. Even if it might go unnoticed, it could've easily been someone's idea to make Igor's eyes red-and-blue as a reference to 3D (though I agree with the whole "conveys the patchwork nature of Igor" idea). They don't just throw random ideas into the film. Teams of artists and various stages of supervisors sign off on ideas. They don't just say "give Starscream chicken legs for the hell of it". They try and rationalize ideas. "Why would he have digitigrade legs? An aerial alternate mode, a fierce air weapon, give him these legs to invoke vicious birds of prey and animals. Bent legs make it easier for fast moving landing and shock-absorbing. And it makes him unique for, you know, an alien species." They don't just say "Make Ironhide a truck because". They sit there and decide: "If you make Optimus transform like X his elbows will be too high". "Laserbeak's wings will have to be shaped like Y to better allow for turbines on his wings". Colour schemes, alternate modes, small little details that people may not notice are all conscious decisions by those making the designs. Yeah, some things are put in "just because they look cool", but the vast majority is conscious thought and effort-based.

Mock the story and question the effort put into it, I don't care. But DON'T. BELITTLE. THE EFFORT PUT INTO THE AESTHETIC VALUE OF THESE FILMS. Sorry for the rant and knee-jerky reaction, but I'm an ILM fan and a fan of visuals in general. :)  No hard feelings?

*And by "you", I don't me you personally, DD, I mean "you" as in the proverbial collective voice of others.

13. T4mercustomz

News Credits:
    What I mean about the mace not the one in the first movie but the one he has in the moble game for iPhone I think I saw some promotional art somewhere with him using it

14. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

I never noticed his eyes.