Counterfeit Ratbat/Frenzy

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by StephX77, Apr 27, 2009.

1. StephX77

StephX77 Well-Known Member

2. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Hey thats my auction yay!

I got a MOSC cykill gobot on there too if youre interested hehe.

And some electronics! Check out my stuff!

Buyer beware is right.

Please be careful on Ebay, alot of jerky sellers claiming them to be real!

Please ask ANY QUESTIONS!

I started this auction at a 1 dollar, I mean cmon, look at my auction listing, not fooling anybody, if you know what your buying, your one step ahead.

Ya gotta admit the combo cassette package is nice.....eh eh.......

3. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    You need to state that those cassettes are bootlegs. From the picture there is only one clear detail that reveals they are fakes, and I'm sure relatively few people know what that is. Without stating an item isn't what it appears, you're essentially lying about what you're selling.

4. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Whats up Mac, you know me and Im a large advocate against fakes. Yes, I believe you and Steph have a great point. My thoughts about the item, I think the word lying is a strech, Im not lying i don't think, and I think alot of the fresh newbs, or anyone halfway experienced would be able to know that these are indeed not real. What idiot is gonna put a legit MOSC 1986 set of tapes with a combo deal on a reissue encore soundwave combo if it was indeed real, I mean no way.

If youre in the market for purchasing a ratbat to add, cmon ask me a question, but dont jump to conclusions of delusion and grandeur.

I regret that I originally purchased these on the ebay, and i want to sell it on there as well. It completely makes me feel utter pissed feelings how they can yank counterfiets at thier own discretion, or deem them acceptable to sell. I think I have worded these tape description almost as close to junk, and if you think some idiot is gonna describe an item something potentially worth some good money as a "thing" and think its OG Goodness, wow, youve got some issues.

The thing that makes me angry is there are folks who are lying and folks who are trying, Im obviously not trying to lie to anyone.

But if you feel obliged, I guess hit that report auction button and get it over with, for heavens sake were talking about 50 lousy dollars. Thats like 30 bucks soundwave and 20 bucks for tapes wow quite a bargain if you ask me if youre into that.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Saying "tape things" isn't exactly stating they are fake. Not completely honest IMO, a simple "KO" in the discription would suffice.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    "combo deal...wow" LOL

also what makes them KO/Fake by the way, out of interest, how can you tell?

7. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think if you were to just put a KO in front of cassettes, and say in description cassettes are Chinese bootlegs you'd get these guys off your back.

8. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

If someone paid more than 100 for this item, I would sincerely refund their money, and tell them its fake at end of auction. I am a geniuine human being and I really try to fight for whats right man, all the time, all day, to make whats right for everybody, my friends, family, and my brothers and sisters, and my transformer friends in the world, Im not a thief. Anything you say man, I respect this site TFW2005, and you long time members on here, much respect, becuase I know it's more than a hobby to some, alot more, although I do get stoopid at times on here, I wish I could be friends with everyone, seriously. Friends has nothing to do with KO's I know, ebay will word sniff asap if KO is in the wording, I just want my 20 bucks and thats it.

9. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    just put reissue or remake tapes in there, and i dont see ebay snipping your auction.

10. Master Zarak

Master Zarak Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    OR...you could just place "KO" somewhere in the auction and save everyone the trouble.

11. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Yeah, i was wondering that too? How do you know? To me, i would have thought it was real.

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I wouldn't have known from the picture either; and that is the problem.
    eBay CAN be a goldmine for awesome deals, but it can also be heaven for scammers.
    Right now, ShortCircuit, you're sitting firmly in the latter category.
    Your wording does NOT help your case, incidentally; "tape things" is the sort of thing that someone would put if they didn't know what they were selling. That could easily lead a genuine collector to conclude that they've stumbled on a bargain.
    If you put in the auction that the tapes are KOs it will make it clear what you are selling; you could easily word it so that eBay don't pull the auction, as has been explained to you.
    At the moment, however, I don't buy your excuse at all.
    Your auction looks like you're passing off KOs as originals. There honestly IS no other way to look at it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  13. StephX77

StephX77 Well-Known Member

"tape things" is why I even posted in the first place. It does lead a person to believe that you do not know what you are selling and that they can get a great deal on some vintage transformers

14. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    That is what I thought upon reading the auction???