Couldn't Windcharger be potentially the most power Transformer?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I think Windcharger was terribly underused in G1.
    Since he uses powerful electromagnets as his weapons, wouldn't that make him extremely powerful in the world of robots? I mean to a robot, an electromagnet is dangerous to them.
    He could have been the Transformers version of Magneto. He could have formed the brotherhood of Autobots, or something. Lol!

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wincharger should have been the Bumblebee/Rodimus kid charecter of the show instead.

That or him being a neutral/anti hero charecter simmilar to Magneto. It sucks how he didn't get named in MTMTE. It's a shame i like his cartoon design and stuff.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, he had more then a few drawbacks, from his own profile:

"He glances at something and moves, seldom bothering to ask questions. This may be because his attention span isn't particularly long. He becomes instantly enthusiastic and a few hours later loses interest. His impatience often diminishes his usefulness in lengthy, complex courses of action."
    "If overused, his magnetic ability uses up tremendous amounts of power. Hence, he must be careful in using it. Unfortunately, Windcharger is seldom careful and so is prone to debilitating burn-outs."

Plus he can only move 10 tons with his magnetic force, most of the larger bots would be too large for him to do anything against, 700 yards max range is also relatively close for Transformer ranged combat (since many others can attack from miles away.) And lastly, we don't know how many Transformers are even magnetic.

In terms of special powers, Shrapnel is by far more dangerous.

4. 13DINO

13DINO Derpasaurus

News Credits:
    If he was the most powerful "Bot in G1, there would be TONS more reason why people would want his RTS Toy. If that ever happened, I would not like to buy a scout Windcharger at $80 or somethin like that.

5. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Transformers are more than likely elecromagnetically shielded.

He wouldn't be more powerful than anyone else.

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea, with specs like that, he wouldn't be too useful. It's been a long time since I read them. I remember them being lack luster. But I guess it is what it is.
    But it might be cool to see him as a herald of Unicron. Then he might be the powerhouse, I'd like him to be. Mwhahahaaa!

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    According to some of the vintage children's books, Windcharger was capable of tearing apart the Dinobots and crushing Starscream to death.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    TFs aren't blackberries. They're a tad more complex and protected.

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Holy frak. I wish I had read those books. That's what I'm talking about!

Speaking of which; I'm on mine right now. Lol! Been using mine since I lost power.
    But still; even shielded I'm sure it would have been cool if Wichcharger could've been more useful or powerful in Transformers. I'm sure his electro magnets could have affected a Decepticons metal bodies.

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Well Windcharger did play a critical role in the episode Masquerade. Without him the Autobots wouldn't have been able to pull off "transforming" into Menasor.

As for his electromagnetic abilities, as others have pointed out they would be of minimal use in combat.