Couldn't Be Happier..Inspiring The Next Generation

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TFPrime, Mar 7, 2012.

1. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When my brother and sister in law told us a few years ago they were having a baby..and then said it was going to be a girl..My sister in law mentioned/warned me that I wasn't to get her any Transformers toys..that she was going to be a girly girl and I could shop in the pink isles if I wanted to get her toys..and begrudgingly I agreed and accepted and come a few christmas and birthdays and all..I went shopping in the land o' pink.

Then they told us they were having another child..and this was going to be my nephew..and so I started planning...bid my time..and waited..waited for the right moment..the right time..

And on Liam's 2nd birthday I bought him a Rescue Bots Bumblebee and Optimus Prime toy as well as the first 5 episode dvd of Transformers Prime as a birthday gift. And my plan worked PERFECTLY! Liam was instantly hooked to the flashy computer animated cars and robots fighting, and Kiera of course wanted to watch too, not to be excluded..and well she also saw Liam has new toys and wanted to play too...Now here it is 2 weeks later..My brother tells me they watch all 5 episodes daily, they play with the toys all the time..Just now figuring out they actually transform too and while my sister in law hates it outright..hey, it's better than Dora and Diego..has to be.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Congratulations! Always a fun thing to see the little buggers pick the Transformers up for the first time.

3. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    That is very similar to how my nephews got hooked. Another unexpected bonus occurred in my situation: I got their old toys.

After their Transformer phase wore off and they only want Legos and/or Beyblades. They had gotten dozens of TFs from Mom/Dad, me, and Grandma (especially Grandma when she learned eBay). When they went to get rid of them, I got a box full!

4. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I've done the same with my nephew as well :D 

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yay! :D 

Can't wait to see what their temperment and personality will be on Transformers in 10-15 years from now.

They'll probably be Primers.

6. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Your sister in law needs a boot up the ass. No one should ever FORCE a little girl to be girly and pink-obsessed. :banghead:  Hopefully she'll see that her daughter is enjoying the TFs and will get a clue.

7. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Agree with this. I loved all the "boy" shows growing up (plus a few "girl" shows) and my parents were totally supportive of it. Hell, I had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bedsheets when I was 6. :D  It wasn't until I graduated high school that I started acting like a typical girl. I still have my geeky side, but I keep it balanced. There's nothing wrong with a girl liking stuff that's technically meant for boys, so long as she finds enjoyment in it.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed. Why must girls always play with things like dolls and My Little Ponies and wear pink?

Hope your niece will grow up to be a TF fan girl, regardless of what her mom says/thinks about the idea.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i did this to my cousins-twins. i got him hooked, now they both know the names-apparently the boy actually recently got his mom to get him the Cyberverse Optimus, and i couldnt be any more pleased.

10. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Indeed. Love should be un-conditional without any catches or extra terms/conditions added.

11. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Thirded....or fourthed by now. :lol 

Growing up, my parents let me play with the toys I wanted to play with - I had ponies, but I also had a large collection of hot wheels and toy cars. My first bedroom of my own when I was old enough to pick out the color I wanted was blue. I was too busy getting mud on my shoes and running around outside to play dress up.

12. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, I'll press the subject...again, I just happen to by 2 toys each time that she happens to be interested in..it's a work in progress..and of course they both love Bumblebee..

13. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

I have to agree with this statement. It is wrong on so many levels, it makes me sick. And, because I have autism, high functioning anyway, I hate the stereotype that all girls must like pink and frilly things. And I am also female, hence why I hate the idea even more so than even my parents know.

14. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

That's awesome. :thumb 

This sounds like my childhood. My older brother had the TF toys of the 80s and I wanted to play with them, too. And we watched the toons together also.

15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I've done the same thing as well. I given gifts to kids at school a few years back including my facebook daughter. I've given a high school freshman an RiD Optimus Prime without the instructions a few years ago. He's trying to figure out how to transform it. I wonder if he ever figured it out.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, this is a cool thread. :thumb 

17. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hmm, I remember back when Ponies actually were for girls...

18. Nemesis Maximus

Nemesis Maximus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Also have to very much agree. There is also a sociological argument where girls are given dolls, things like toy kitchens, etc to essentially condition them for specific adult roles, which is a bit wrong really. 'and you will be a mother when you grow up!' Meanwhile, a lot of boys toys can be more stretching for both intelect and imagination: I would argue more curiosity is raised from, for example, construction toys etc which would cause the mind to explore. Even transformers has an element of this i would argue, figuring out how the toys change forms is a little puzzle which gets the brain going.

A similar argument can of course be made for boys 'war' toys etc too, but i guess the point im trying to make is kids should not be forced into a box, as by doing so you might even stunt their imaginative and intellectual growth...

Anyway, my wee nephew is only 1 and a bit now, but i'm sure his mum knows that as soon as he is old enough he will get a transformer or too!

19. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    One of us... one of us...

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bad Times, Bad Times.

I remmeber when I was so bored I watched an episode of G3 years ago.