Could we see a live action Transformers series in the future

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jetcols, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Think about it, when the first film came out they were talking about how they only recently got the technology for making it happen. Now with the second movie there alot more used to the technology so they can make more robots on screen.

So in a few years could we see a live action series similar to the movie, when the technology allows the us? instead of cartoons we could be looking forward to actual live action series.

2. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    dont think so, not with the cost

3. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    I don't mean in the next 3 years or so, but in the future maybe 10 years form now?

4. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Could we? Yes. Will we? No.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Primus I hope not, it would end up looking like Power Rangers. Well, maybe some fans would like that.

6. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Well we've got live TV Terminators, live TV Star Wars coming, another live action Superman. It wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not banking on it.

7. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    with the CGI stuff the do on stuff like Stargate SG1 and Stargate atlantis and other scifi shows like BSG i would say eventually...would you get awesome fight scenes like the movie?, probably not...but i could see them doing short 30 minute shows to promote the newest toys...

8. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    The thing is, the focus of those other shows are humans. I don't want to see a FT show about humans. Their secondary charactors at most. Really only there to show scale, ground the show in reality, and give us something to relate to. A live action show staring CGI animation? What would be the point?

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It would have to be a TF show where almost everyone was a Pretender so that CGI costs could be saved and the characters would be mostly seen disguised as humans and people in monster make-up being Decepticons or something.

Sounds awful.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I just have a bad feeling that if it wasn't a more adult show then it would end up feeling like Power Rangers or something. Not so much that I couldn't see them doing it because of the tech, but considering it would have to be a prime time show and appeal to more than just small children I don't see it happening.

I mean something for the adults out there and with a different live action look than the movies might really kick ass, but it might be like pulling teeth to get Hasbro to sign off on something not aimed just at kids.

11. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

Well with the comparisons of many other live action tv shows, those are very human character heavy (or robots that look like humans). It would probably end up being like Knight Rider, where the Transformers will probably be in alt mode all the time. Then there might be a 30 second fight scene, like the battle between Kitt and Karr. Even 10 years in the future, that might triple to 90 seconds, but the cost would be too much to do any more than that.

12. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I don't see one with all the CG that's required for Bay-sized action. What I see is some script kiddie putting together a C-list production that gets put on UPN. A transformers show with only humans and fast cars ala-Fast and Furious. For example, you would have the main character be called O.P. for short and Anna R. Cee..some asian chick as his girl. And then Ratchet would be the old dude mechanic, some shaved bald punk named Ron would be the bad guy (he thinks hes Mega), and his backup, a thug who likes to spend all his money on an E drug called Starscream.

See? It's not that hard.

13. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

That would be awful.

14. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

It could work, but I doubt it, it seems to be something which might be strictly for the cinemas. Plus, it's most likely they'll end it for good after TF3.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd kill to see a live-action series. Sure, it might cost tons of $$$, but hell... as long as it's entertaining, I'm game.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It would be awesome, but probably not. :( 

17. Djlarose

Djlarose Well-Known Member

If they can make a car transform and ice skate for a 30 second car commercial, and all the other commercials that came out for the first movie. Or make that car transform on the horrible Knight Rider show.. they could do a live action and make it cost effective. Will they? Probably not until after the 3rd movie has gone by and they need to get the market going again