Could Universe Nemesis Prime be redeemed?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Feb 26, 2008.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I finnished reading the Cybertron comic and noticed that Magnus didn´t outright killed Nemesis Prime (only beat seven shades of shit out of him). After that he was taken into custudy and put in a cell.

The question I have is. Is that Prime so corrupted that he cannot be redeemed or can someone (heck even Primus) reach out and put him back on the good side?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've not read that one in a while, but I think it is stated somewhere that this particular Prime was so thoroughly deconstructed and reconstructed by Unicron's dark powers that nothing of the original Autobot remained, just a cruel shadow of a once-noble Transformer. I seriously doubt anything could be done to redeem him, at the very least not without killing him in the process.

3. Eradicator94

Eradicator94 Banned

Well it says on the TF wiki...

"His only weakness is what tiny, rotten portion is left of his honor."

I think there is a slight chance it may be done, but I really doubt we will ever find out, though I think a fan my be able with comic up with something.

Fanfiction'd!

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Eh, if Unicron can yuck him up, Primus can un-bedazzle him back into a good Prime whence-more.
    I just hope we see him in the Transtech story somewhere down the line.
    DN

5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, but he'd have to break out of his holding cell on A/E/C's Cybertron first.

As far as Nemesis Prime being redeemed... well, I suppose anything's possible. Like DN said... if Unicron can yuck him up than Primus or the Matrix could possibly bring him back around. Could make for an interesting story actually.

6. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    what comic are you guys talking about i'm a little in the dark on this, but i'm interested i've been diving into transformer comics the last couple years. in the middle of black horizon read the first and getting ready to read the second.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It was the Cybertron: Balancing Act comic that was the first two years worth of exclusive comics from Fun Publications when they started the TFCC. I believe it's been compiled into a trade (well, it's closer in size to a regular comic though) so you should be able to get your hands on it.

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just hope Univerese Nemesis Prime gets his Dead Matrix back. That's really the only thing that really makes him dangerous. Still, it would be cool to see UNP get redeemed.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont think theres been any precedence where a bot is saved after being tainted by unicron, at least one that doesnt result in death.

10. General Magnus

There´s dinobot Striker

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Unicron and Primus started as equals. When Primus trapped them both in solid matter, they had the same power. Unicron used most of his to reformat his prison into a new body, while Primus chose to change his more subtly, becoming an inhabitable planet and creating new life. Unicron can't do that.

Primus is stronger.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Nemesis primes are pure evil..nuff said,

13. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Seeing how totally badass he is, I don't think breaking out will be a problem.
    Even still, its a multiverse, there's probably countless other Nemesis Primes they could use.
    DN

14. General Magnus

Well he was beaten up by Ultra Magnus...(granted it was RiD Magnus who´s batshit insane, but still....)

"My brother belives even Unicron ridden spawn like you can be reddeemed.

I personally think he´s an idiot."

15. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I have a Universe Nemesis Prime figure and i really would like to read this comic too. Anyone know where i could get my hands on a copy?

16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    See, I'm not so sure about that basing it off the Marvel G1 (I'm assuming you are sense that's the only origin you're mentioning). It seemed to me when I read it that they were far from equals and Primus was getting the living crap kicked out of him. Thus he decided to trick Unicron into chasing him into the astral plane and than make it so that when they both popped out of it they were (miraculously! & conveniently!) trapped in asteroids. Of course, we're talking about the whole multiverse thing now... so there's more to it than just this.

I honestly think that Unicron could have done what Primus did and based on BW it seems that he did at some point create his own race of Transformers (Tarantulas mentions that he and the Tripredacus council have different ancestry than most of Cybertron and it was alluded to and than confirmed in Universe to be Unicron in origin). However, I think he wanted his own body back and he gets more enjoyment out of corrupting Primus' creations.

Just my two cents on that one though.

True. I don't see him having a problem breaking out... just all the people he'd have to beat the living crap out of to get off Cybertron.

I can think of a couple Nemesis Prime's they could use... you've got the Armada figure, the Alternators figure and now the upcoming Classics figure. And, of course, this is the club comic so they could do their own out of one of the many Prime's that's not had a black repaint. Still want a Nemesis Prime out of Cybertron and Energon's Optimi (is that even a proper plural?).

Local comic shop might have some of the trade copies left (though it's more like an expanded comic in length). That's probably where I'd start first as buying back issues of the club magazine from the club store is rather... pricey...

On a related topic... Sentinel Maximus and RID Prime & Magnus went looking for Unicron at the end of the comic. I want to find out what happened to them!

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Can't? Or didn't?

Maybe it's just a preference? And you could argue that gradually changing takes considerably less raw power than what Unicron accomplished.

I think it's fair to say that they're equal in power, as balanced cosmic-type entities.

18. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I think that's a big part of it, the fact that Unicron keeps his power for himself. Primus could have had a body, just like Unicron, but he chose not to, and instead spent his power to create the early Cybertronians. Unicron has only been shown corrupting the descendants of Primus, never creating his own minions.

See, I think the big thing is that the 'chaos bringer' is, in fact, the God of Entropy. He exists to bring the universe back to the single particle that it started as. He doesn't create, because creation is chaotic and random. That's why he was winning the fight against Primus, and that's why Primus didn't want to continue fighting the same way. Instead, he created a world filled with lifeforms that were unpredictable and uncontrollable and had them spread out across the galaxy so Unicron wouldn't be able to fight them all.

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    A few online comic shops here turned up listings for the Balancing Act TPB.

Whatever Nemesis does as far as redemption, he'd better wash that blood off his tusks before the parole hearing.

20. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

for all we know, in some odd universe, nemesis spark could be the one used for car robots scourge...