Could Unicron ever work in a live-action film?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by johnboy3434, Oct 11, 2009.

1. aku rock

aku rock Member

I think the only way unicron chould work in the sereies is in the form of a flash back scene like when pime shows sam and mikaela what cybertron looked like in th first movie but instead of prime showing the flashback it was the fallens head becaue he was the oldest living prime:dj 

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Personnaly, no. No, Unicron please. I dont see why every series needs a Unicron. An if he was in #3, Bay would just find some way to ruin him.
    Maybe his horns on his head will now be on his coutch cause he's 'horny'.
    Just the sort of Bay humor were bound to get.

We should just get Shadow25 to write this. One of the best FanFics I've read.

A assume this all makes sense in your head?

3. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not? The TF movie is just a movie. They say they made transformers to fit in the real world but they did mess up with the matrix being so huge one time and being small when Sam carried it like a paper and do you really think the army will have a chance if really some big frigging robots suddenly appear? Its just a movie and nothing is real about it so anything's possible. Hope TF gets a reboot.

4. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

Once the initial shock wore off, I think they'd do just fine. The odds of any robot as ridiculously complex as a Transformer working at all, much less in the heat of battle, are incredibly small.

5. Optimus_Khan

Optimus_Khan Well-Known Member

IF they give us Unicron as he's known I'll be happy. If they give us some Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer type of Galactus then I'll be more than just disappointed. I'll be pissed.

6. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I know I was. I mean, is it really so wrong to want a big guy with a big purple head?

7. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

If he is in the movie, I'm looking forward to know what he sounds like the most. His voice will be epic.

8. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

This is a good idea and I absolutely believe Unicron can be done cinematically. Though as someone mentioned, an object that big close to earth would mess up all sorts of things on the planet on apocalyptic levels without even taking a bite out of the crust. They'd also have to properly explain why Unicron cares, his mythology and connection to the Transformers, and so on. Not like Bay and company have ever cared about skimming over plot holes but this one might not be avoidable. I'd also like Hot Rod/Rodimus to be introduced. Unicron and Rodimus always seem to go together.

9. transtrekkie

I also like the Dyson Sphere idea. I would also like to see giant robot a la G1, but this really is a good idea. I imagine Bay would just gloss over the explanations in a 2 second narrative at the beginning like he did with 1 and ROTF.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd imagine a being that eats planets would have some ability in place which stops a planet ripping itself apart completely before he can sit down for the meal. That said, a little bit of gravity-based destruction would nicely tenderise the yummy planet. :) 
    As for the whys and wherefores of his coming to Earth to nibble it it doesn't have to be too complicated. Having the Allspark leaking energy into the planet could be one reason to make it a tastier target than a normal planet. Perhaps he finds Primes yummy. The reason doesn't have to be linked to the Transformers at all although obviously it would make for a more interesting story, especially when the humans working with the TF discover that the planet is once again in danger because of these robots that brought their war to Earth.

I think that the Dyson Sphere Unicron makes for a great big threat to be dealt with and a canvas that another smaller, perhaps linked, TF story between the Autobots and Decepticons can be told on as well. Throw a bit of plot in for the humans to get involved in as well and then there's really only the hard part of coming up with an original way to stop Unicron from eating Earth. It can't be yet another mcguffin or just the sheer effort of fighting against Unicron (although I'm sure Bay would prefer to nurse his aching hard-on for the military to just kill Unicron with slow motion Army shots and big rail guns). It's gotta be clever and original and have a great cost. I'd sorta like Sam to sacrifice himself to accomplish it as Transformer deaths don't really mean much since they don't always stay dead for long. I dunno... you'd probably have to throw away the first five ideas that come to you about how to end the film as they'd be obvious and something most people could come up with.

11. transtrekkie

The perfect way to stop Unicron: There's a button on the inside surface marked "Do Not Push". Sounds easy enough, but getting to the button is the challenge.

12. johnboy3434

While these ideas sound fascinating, I would like to point out that you're using the term "Dyson Sphere" incorrectly. Dyson's idea was not of a single, solid object, but a system of orbiting objects acting together.

13. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Think of Devastator, but on a much larger and more disappointing scale!

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Eeh, I'm just using it as Unicron being a spherical shell that encloses Earth (and perhaps the Moon too, depending on how far out the sphere is from Earth). Definition's close enough for me, and it gives people a term to latch onto when talking about the idea. I suppose I could use 'Dyson Shell', but frankly it's not terribly important to me what it's called. There's a spherical shell with a factory, energy absorbtion and conversion matrix/web and probably bays for the drones around the inner surface, and they'll all gain their energy by the destruction and consumption of the power source at the centre of the shell, that being in this case Earth instead of a sun (although I suppose Unicron could envelope a sun as well and drain the power from that, but we've already had the threat of a Sun Harvester in the BayVerse).
    There's probabaly nothing to stop this Unicron surrounding an entire solar system and slowly having it as a big meal, contracting closer and closer to the sun (or 'dessert' as he'd probably call it) as he consumes everything.
    It could be that the larger the area he wants to eat the more open he is, with gaps in his shell because he's only got so much 'body' to surround a target with. Maybe since he doesn't want to be vulnerable or let any of the yummy inhabitants of a planet escape he surrounds just that first, leaving no gaps and making sure he scoffs everyone.
    The name of the Unicron shell idea isn't as important to me as what it is and how it works as a concept in a story.

15. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

This Duex ex Machina?
    nes_rockmandeusexmachina[1].png
    (lol)

16. Jefrey8395

Jefrey8395 Mr.COG

Double Post DOH!

17. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I think he could work, with some reimagining of course. But I just stand by the fact that TF3 is too early him.

18. transtrekkie

Then it was also used incorrectly in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

19. johnboy3434

Yes, it was. That's why O'Brien nearly went insane trying to contemplate it: a solid shell that huge would be composed of more matter than the planets and stars it contains. Thousands of heat-reflecting satellites working in tandem is more along the lines of what Dyson was thinking of, although he didn't elaborate much on the concept.

20. transtrekkie

Fascinating.