could this work for masterpiece predaking?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 14, 2008.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

people when it comes to the beast style decepticon combiner teams the predacons were the first and quite possibly the most powerful decepticon combiner super warrior that has ever existed in the the american g1 continuity

check this out

now imagine for a moment that hasbro and takara went in together on the project using the genesic gaogaigar combiner mold set as a model to work with.

now picture the genesic gaogaigar combiner set being completely kitbashed and remolded into being a masterpiece g1 predaking combiner set

the whale and the shark being redesigned from scratch to instead be an elephant for rampage's beast mode and the robot mode splitting in half front to back from head to groin with the 2 body halfes forming predakings shoulders and upper arms

with the proper colorscheme the lion could easily pass for razorclaw with it sporting a remolded head for t he robot mode

while the drill tanks would instead be a rhino and a bull for headstrong and tantrum

and the jet bomber would become divebomb with the beast mode instead being a large peruvian condor in which the birds legs would reconfigure into divebomb's hands and the missile cannons would reconfigure into divebomb's lower legs and feet and also serve as predakings gauntlet clawed hands and lower arms

now that would be sweet

what are your thoughts people?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Holy shit, you made it all the way to the end of your post without a single use of punctuation.

But the idea is kinda cool. Never happen officially, but kinda cool.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Actually, there is one period and one question mark.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

how long was that series? I've only seen the regular gaogaigar, and this guy surely wasn't in it...

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You're absolutely right, I missed the period.

Given the rest of the post, I'm going with accidental button push.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The only things it has in common with Predaking is the lion head chest, wings and the fact it's a combiner. Other then that...they're completely different.

You wouldn't just have to change the limbs into being other animals, you would have to change them into different animals that were also robots on their own.

If there was going to be a Masterpiece Predaking, it would have little to nothing in common with this robot.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    :useless 

Took me a bit, but Google Images finally came through for me:

http://alma.skr.jp/mtblog/archives/2006/01/brave_vs_dx_1.html

Another toy to add to my wanted list.

It does bear some minor similarities to Predaking, but I just don't believe it would make a good retool for a MP or Classics release.

I'd rather see new designs made specifically for the MP or Classics line.

Thanks for bringing up this topic though. I was unaware of this post-G1 Takara toy line and of the series as well. I also discovered that Vol 1 of the series is available to me through Netflix. Now looking forward to seeing it.

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    :lolol 

Now back on topic.
    I'd love to see a Masterpiece Predaking, it's just a pipe dream though.
    I'm sure they can milk a few more repaints out of the mold they have.
    We still have not seen Sunstorm, Nebulos or Thundercracker, and of course Nemeisis Prime.
    Still lots more miles left on those till we see a new mold for MP's and I'm sure Predaking is not on the top of their list.
    No repaint potential.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  9. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only similarity I see between that and predaking is the lionhead on the chest.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Gaogaigar was 49 episodes.
    Gaogaigar FINAL was the sequel, 7 30 minute episodes and an hour long finale. Genesic's only in that OVA, only in the last couple too but boy is he ever sweet when he gets going.

As far as the idea goes, it's not bad. You could probably utilise the transformation scheme as a basis for a Predaking. The final result would end up being about as close to the GGGG as Energon Starscream is to G2 Smokescreen, but there'd be some common ground.

11. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    sounds like an interesting idea.

and it is starting to get irritating with all the comments about "punctuation", it doesnt matter in my opinion has long has we know what is being said.

12. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    On the flip-side, it's irritating to others when people show poor punctuation and sloppy grammar... as are the people who attempt to defend and downplay it.

I regularly skip over posts that I have to translate or decipher what's being said for the same reasons. Typing on the internet is no excuse to be lazy. I type over 60 wpm and yet I still take the time to make sure I use proper caps, grammar, and punctuation so that my posts communicate clearly.

13. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Hasbro/Takara do not own the rights to use the Genesic gaogaigar mold making this highly impossible. Nevermind the fact that this just wouldn't work.

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

utilise the transformation scheme as a basis for a Predaking

that is exactly what i mean

now picture the g1 predacons combineing like that

razorclaw forming the core body

divebomb forming the entire armored back and wings and lower arms with clawed hands

headstronge and tantrum forming the lower legs and feet

with rampage splitting in half front to back and head to groin to be form the shoulders and upper arms

but with each being built in such a way that each of the five individual characters figure wise in some way stores away or otherwise has ibuilt into their person a combiner limp part as a part of the individual robot mode.

divebomb for example would use predakings lower arms and feet for his lower legs and clawed hands

15. spacelion

spacelion smokin' hot

excuse my thoughts, but aren't Predaking and Genesis GaoGaiGar two completely different ideas? Predaking has each robot making up a different limb TOTALLY, while GGGG has a base white robot and the black animals making up NOT an limb but rather ARMOR. I would compare this to Energon Prime more.

16. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Predaking was the first combiner?? I thought it was Devastator.

*runs from room fearing things being possibly hurled in my direction*

17. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

This would not work at all. You are talking about massive amounts of retooling and down right figure replacement. I think it would actually cost more to do what you describe than it would to start from scratch. It's easy to say "while the drill tanks would instead be a rhino and a bull for headstrong and tantrum", it's another a-whole-nother story to actually do it.

Also, I like playing "where's Waldo" with your posts. There seems to be one stray period thrown in there. You do know they are meant to end sentences, not paragraphs, right?

18. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    You know this message board is world-wide and not only available to english speaking people, right? :p 

19. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

First off... GENOZAUR's post really isn't hard to read, despite the lack of punctuation. Maybe if it were crammed into one paragraph, but with the use of spacing to break up the ideas, I think it's fine.

Certainly not worth all the fuss and being a grammar-nazi about it. :( 

Secondly, only mildly related to the topic, but WTF???
    What's the deal with the TWO versions of Genesic GGG?? One seems to be a sized-up version. Does anybody know what this is about? I never knew that there were two different versions of this figure in different scales. Unfortunately I don't understand the source site at all, so I can't tell what they're saying about it.

zmog

20. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    One is the DX version that's the same scale as Takara's DX Gaogaigar and Yujin's DX Gaofighgar.

The other is the smaller Brave Gohkin version which was a mass release, whereas the DX version only had 1200 units made, I think. The first 600 were the first version which had a problem with Protect Gao and Broken Gao being too fragile. The second version was made to correct those problems. I THINK they were sent to the owners of the first version of DX G-GGG for free, but I'm probably wrong about that. Being that the DX one was so rare, it cost 600 USD when it was released. You can get the first versions for significantly cheaper than that nowadays though because no one wants them, apparently.

There's another GGG toy that's out, too..Gaigo. It's a different version of Gaigar, from after Final. It's actually a Neuronoid built by the Akamatsu Corporation from Betterman (GGG and Betterman take place in the same universe) that is to be piloted by Mamoru and Kaidou. It combines with Stealth Gao II, Liner Gao II and Drill Gao II to form Gaogaigo. Anyway, since the toy of Gaigo doesn't come with any Gaomachines, you have to use the ones from their (CM's Corp.) releases of Star Gaogaigar and Gaofighgar.

I still need to get me a Gaigo and Gaofighgar....and the Dimension Pliers...