Could they be Headmaster serial if G1 season 4 continue after Rebirth?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by galvatron1976, May 6, 2011.

1. galvatron1976

galvatron1976 Well-Known Member

Hello ,i have a burning question to ask ,could Japanese serial Headmaster be produce if the G1 serial continue after Rebirth?

Is the Japanese brought the cartoon right from the US after the US serial rebirth ?

Thanks.

2. johnboy3434

johnboy3434 Well-Known Member

I realize that English probably isn't your first language, but that was still fairly difficult to understand. You're asking if the Headmasters anime could follow after Rebirth in the story, yes? If so, then no, it couldn't. The stories don't fit together at all, with the Headmasters themselves being introduced in a completely different manner. The Headmasters anime follows on from the end of season 3.

3. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

I think they only way they could do it is if they not use the first couple episodes of Headmasters for season 4 then edit in the america version of how the headmasters came to be in place of the japanese version when they do the whole flashback thing,and when they talk about how they came to be they could redub it to match the american version and of course instead of optimus dying again they could dub in an explanation about him going off somewhere and they would have to not use certain episodes that would not make sense like for instance the whole galvatron blowing up cybertron thing would not work very well with the american storyline because of Beast Wars/machines etc...so yes they could have if they used the right episodes and not all the episodes then dubbed and edit the american storyline into it..it would be a cut and paste job but in theory it could be done,,,

4. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Headmasters takes place right after the episode The Return Of Optimus Prime. But i like your question if The US G1 hasnt canceled its show you think they would of continued in season 4? or went straight into season 5? And one thing what i dont get at the very end of the Rebirth Galvatron goes Me it is my destiny as they were flying away. But were was he going if he was leaving Cybertron? was he going to Charr?

5. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I read on TFwiki.net about Cybertron that befor the great upgrade The Autobots and The Decepticons made peace for a while and agreed to rebuilt Cybertron. I dont know if that's true or it is fandom.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

The energy from the Plasma Energy Chamber and Vector Sigma becoming unstable flung them far away from Cybertron. It's not clear where they were but it definitely wasn't Charr.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't know why Hasbro never dubbed Headmaster, Masterforce, victory and Zone,

I mean Transformers could have been a pioneer in anime long before the time of Dragonball, Pokemon or Naruto.

8. johnboy3434

The only reason they exist is because Hasbro cut the funding after "The Rebirth" and Takara didn't want to pull the plug on their toy advertisements that soon. If Hasbro had wanted to keep Transformers on the air, we would have gotten season 5 instead.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would assume that if Hasbro decided on a full 4th season, Takara would have followed suit. (that's pretty close to what they did anyway, just with Japanese writers and a focus on the Japanese version of the toy line.)

I'd be interested to learn how different things might have been if the US 4th season wasn't limited to "The Rebirth". Would the new toy introductions be spread out over the season? Would Cybertron be revitalized to a new golden age, or was that just something done 'cause they new the series was finished? Just guessing, I'd say Optimus Prime would NOT die off again like in the Headmasters series. I'm not so sure whether or not you'd have the Japan-style world-hopping adventures of the two opposing crews.

10. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wat

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I think that all the characters still would have been introduced in a forth season premiere, but there would've been individual episodes dedicated to indivicual characters. Punch/Counterpunch would've gotten an episode dedicated to him. Six-Shot would've gotten an episode dedicated to him. Etc.

No, I think that the revitalization of Cybertron was intended for the series finale.

Agreed. I think that we would've gotten to see an animated version of Powermaster Optimus Prime.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Thats not exactly true....at least not for Headmasters.

Headmasters was in production and on the air, in Japan, well before "The Rebirth".

Takara didnt like Hasbro's take on the headmaster myth, so they choose to create their own story.

13. johnboy3434

Really? I hadn't heard about that. When was this info made public?

14. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

If it were to be continued it would of went straight into season 5? And who knows maybe Brawn, Wheeljack, Windcharger would of been fixed and brought back along with the characters that havent died like: Tracks, Grapple, Hoist and Inferno

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

"info made public"???Its been pretty well known for years.

Just look at the aired dates for Headmasters and The Rebirth.

The first episode of the Japanese Headmasters aired on July 3, 1987
    The first episode of "The Rebirth" November 9, 1987

16. johnboy3434

All that says is that Takara commissioned The Headmasters a good deal in advance. Where's the source for them not liking the American take on the Headmasters story? It could just as easily be them getting wind that Hasbro might axe the American show.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Which proves this comment to be in error.

The source is long lost to me now, had it on my old computer but that burned out a few years back.But I will try looking.

But the proof is in the pudding.

A]Takara did not air "The Rebirth" as part of their original G1 run.The last dubbed G1 episode they ran was "The Return of Optimus Prime".

B] the "Headmaster concept" for the japanese Headmaster show was completely different.No human-like aliens, just very short robots that attached to lifeless bodies.

C]The character models used were very different.

D]The killed off Optimus Prime in the 3rd episode, after Hasbro went to the trouble of bringing him back.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, totally sad. Optimus Prime died again saving Cybertron only to let Rodimus Prime's Leadership get Cybertron blown up a few episodes later. Then Rodimus leaves never to be seen again in animation taking Kup and Blurr along with him. Maybe Talara did their own writing for Headmasters, but it was terrrible. At least Masterforce and Victory were better.