could there ever be a possible terminator/transformers g1 /gijoe crossover storyline?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 5, 2007.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

could it actually happen?

that is a question i have found myself asking myself over the past couple days people.

fact

in gijoe transformers vol2 the joes cobra and rachet were teleported through time to what was by all accounts a post apocoliptic future earth.

fact

in gijoe transformers vol 3 a version of sepentor existed that was a human sized cybertronianprotoform skeleton that was camaflauged in a total and complete cloned human body.

in a number of ways people this serpent.o.r was basicly a take on the terminator.

fact serpentor primes body was posessed by cobra commanders mind near the very end ov gijoetransformers vol 3 art of war.

fact general hawk in coming into contact with the matrix has become bonded with it and has become for lack of a more suitable term a matrix enhanced metahuman. one who has a great destiny in store for him in the time to come.

now when it comes to the possible ways that a very talented writer could salvage the serpentor element and the possible future earth element from volumes 2 and 3

i believe that it would be entirely possible for one to salvage those elements to create a terminator/gijoe/transformersg1 3 way crossover storyline

say with serpentor primes mind having been shunted back through the computer satalite uplink relay with it existing throughout the entire world over the internet and it eventually going on to become skynet with general hawk and the surviving joes , cobras, and autobots banding together as the resistance fighters led by general hawk who would himself be in the hero savior role as it were.

that would be one possibility since they have not actually stated either way if the serpentor personality has been destroyed for sure or not.

me i figure there is some slight chance that the post apocaliptic future we saw in vol 2 issue 3 will yet come to pass in some way shape and form.

right now all i am saying is that the potential does exist for ddp to create such a 3 way crossover storyline when it comes to said loose ends being salvaged in such a way

right now though i am just trying to get some talk going on the subject and maybe see if one of us could actually make a good crossover story line fanfic wise.

any thoughts people?

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GI Joe/TF is usually a fanwank, even when it's a well-done fanwank, which is rare. I just don't see a three-way fanwank working well.

Plus, without some serious 'creativity' (ie, making up a whole new backstory), how would it work? TFs would just see through Terminators, and blow 'em up. Problem solved. Even HKs are just generic bad-guy mechthings, and I doubt they'd be a real threat as they're currently written.

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

mix skynet with the vehicon scenario and i actually think they could pose a decent threat to the resistance fighters

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    no, i dont think so.

5. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i agree with KA..

terminators < Transformers

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Too many characters to keep track. Would end up too muddled and confusing for it's own good.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    actually theres an underlying reason i disagree of the possibility.

the basis of TF is similar to gi joe - good vs evil.

terminator is not abt good vs evil. it never has been. its been abt man vs machine. in that sense, its more likely for a crossover with...say, matrix, rather than TF.

you need a common theme to drive a crossover.

that said, predator vs alien stunk.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

True. Didn't stop 'em from making a sequel, though.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked it. The black girl was hot.

10. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

A three-way crossover would be f***ed up left and right - seriously, Dark Horse already tried this with Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator - let alone a four-way like Superman/Batman vs. Alien vs. Predator or whatever the heck that thing is that DC and Dark Horse have been trying to get out the gate the last couple of years.

A TF/Terminator crossover might be feasible, although it'd have to do without the time-travel gag to avoid becoming COMPLETELY stale. G.I. Joe vs. Terminator - well, at the very least you'd get fanwank like Snake-Eyes fighting a T-101 or Cobra Commander trying to figure out a way to control it.

I don't want to say anything's impossible, but making it good in the process is another thing.

11. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

No.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Double no.

13. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

Probably no.

The only workable way to go about it, maybe, would involve some earth-based supercomputer achieving sentience through the addition of Cybertronian technology and becoming Skynet, and G.I. Joe having to make it stop. This, however, borrows heavily from Robocop Vs. Terminator (otherwise known as best Something Vs. Something Else EVER!), and woudl be a bad knockoff, deserving of being ignored.

Now, gimme a TF/Doctor Who crossover, and I'm totally down.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i'd like to see a TF/MASK crossover, where mask acquires their technology from TFs, thatd be cool.

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    There is a movie coming out in a couple of months that the plot will be very much like a TF/GI Joe/Terminator cross over. I has elements of them all, while not having any official status or trademarked characters.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=372