Could there be an Alternator Bumblebee Camaro, in light of Sunstreaker?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tycho, May 22, 2007.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

First I want a 2007 Chevy Camarro BumbleBee Alternator.

I also own Sunstreaker.

The darn paint scheme is nearly identical though.

Assuming Alternators are not "done for," do you think we'll see this BumbleBee product? What bearing will Sunstreaker have on it, if any?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Didn't you just post a thread about movie alts? and it's Camaro.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

If you overcome the obvious barriers that Alternators is probably done and that if they weren't, there's no guarantee of Bumblebee as that specific car...no, Sunstreaker should have no bearing whatsoever on it. No one is concerned that it might have a somewhat similar deco to a toy that hasn't shipped for over 2+ years (notwithstanding the occasional spotty shelf warmer somewhere that might have stuck around longer).

4. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    there is no such thing at a 2007 Camaro. Bumblebee is a 2008.
    Theres a deluxe version and the Ultimate version. sorry if they're not to scale with alternators, but this is a completely different line. You really want movie Bumblebee mixing it up with the G1 styled crew?

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Alternators are over.

That said, a move Bumblebee and Sunstreaker could easily exist side by side. Look at Sideswipe and Windcharger. Both are red convertibles, but no one complains that they look too much alike.

6. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Sunny's a Viper, Bee is a Camero. That's different enough for me. Of course Camero Bee does open up Sunstreaker kitbash posibilities.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    There is a store here in Lexington that has a Sunstreaker still on the shelf.

8. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

I hope that doesn't end my enjoyment of buying Transformers. I'm only lured by the highest quality and most accurate size scales.

My only other planned purchase is in September: MPE Skywarp. (The MP Decepticons jets are not actually in scale to the Alts, but I think they're as close as we're going to get).

I'm going to look carefully at:

Leader Class Prime
    Leader Class Megatron (I'm not too impressed)
    Leader Class Brawl (this could sway me)
    Leader Class Starscream (rumor I think)
    Leader Class Blackout (rumor I think)

And something needs to be done to get Bonecrusher on the right scale.

Deluxe Ratchet
    Deluxe Ironhide

I'm not sure if there's a BumbleBee or Jazz that will be part of a detailed enough collection where I'll be interested.

A sorry state of it would be liking the movie, but lacking toys I really want to appreciate those characters in my own collection. That would be unfortunate.

I'm also looking at starting a new collection of the movie toys, and picking the figures so they best represent their scales to each other. For example - my use of a Leader Class (it's the size not the rank) version of Brawl.

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

:) 

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I hate when people are convinced of something. I have to hear it'll never happen or it's over so many times only to see a return to, or the item in question come out.

I was told G1 was over live with it. Beasts are the thing now!...well we all know what happened there.

They will never make a Unicron figure it would be too big!

Mp Megatron could NEVER be a gun.

Lets wait to see what happens after the movie, or what they show us at botcon before we deal in absolutes. Obviously a lot of people like alternators and the movie may lead to more intrest in a similar line.

11. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Kickback said the Alt line is over at retail. His information is usually good.

And given the poor distribution, the abundance of shelfwarmers, and the fact that only one store wanted the two newest figures, it's not really much of a surprise that we won't be getting anymore.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Alt's may be over but a line of similar figures(perhaps with more movie style asthetics) may come out. And who know what'll happen in Japan? They may also just come out with a new line of Unlicenced cars.

13. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

They might put out the same concept and call the line "Duplicators," or "Replicators." It'll be the same thing:

A 1:24 scale representation of real licensed cars with rubber tires, linked steering, all accessories transforming into engines, tailpipes, or otherwise concealed gear.
    Basically a higher quality than neon plastic on a cardback relating to a toy line that has jets and cars out of scale with one another.

While we're dreaming, 1:24 scale military vehicles, jets, tanks, minesweepers, etc. would be wonderful.

Some of us just don't want the $9 Transformer but want to see what we can get for $20 to $100 (I paid $123 for unaltered MPE Megatron for example - not that it doesn't irritate me that he's a handgun larger than a semi-truck, or that Starscream MPE is not 1:24 scale) But they are a lot closer to their size approximations than even the Classics line which looked good but couldn't entice me to buy.

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

:lol  pwnd by a chick.

anyway... yeah 1:24 scale movie stuff would rule, but if they were going to make we probably would have heard about it by now.

15. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those that say that the Alternators line is over, I believe that Alternators Rodimus would like to have a word with you. Having said that, I don't believe that another Alternator after Rodimus will see the light of day. I hope that I am wrong and if they continue the line, a G1 Bumblebee that turns into a Camaro would be a nice addition to the Alternators line.

16. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

If the movie is a huge success, you'd presume that the next few years would see a heightened demand for Transformers products. The Alt-style is one avenue they could pursue.

Plus there will be more movies. When TF2 comes out, will you buy the same Ratchet and Ironhide that you already own in just a different package?

For that matter (marketing considerations) will Michael Bay reorder everything and make Ironhide a space shuttle and Ratchet a SeaDoo? (gosh I hope not!) But Hasbro can offer us a higher quality version of a Hummer and Topkick at some point, and many of us would jump on that.

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    This thread is great. "X-and-Y pointless fact is very true and you are totally an idiot for not accepting that." Nothing more entertaining than self-assured nerds. :lolol 

It seems to me like the car-brand-faithful movie toys are going to be the closest thing we get to Alternators for a while. Whether they match in scale or not...well, that's at Hasbro's discretion. Maybe Alternators will come back at some point, maybe not. If not, you can always wait for the extra-accurate Leader class or Ultimate class movie dudes.

18. Switchblade

News Credits:
    Entirely possible.

In any event, I'm done with the line and any updated versions thereof. I actually put all of my Alts save Jazz into storage last week to free up display space for movie stuff. Ravage2 and Rumble never came out here, and I honestly don't mind. Even the appearance of Rodimus, my favorite TF of all time, doesn't really interest me. I've just totally lost all interest in Alts. They're nice, but they're too big and complicated to be readily playable, they're too hard to find in the stores, and the effort put into each mold seems to have declined steadily as the line went on. Great while it lasted, but I'm done.

19. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I'd honestly rather see Classics return, not Alternators. But if we got more Alts I sure wouldn't mind 70s Bee. And love to see an 80s Trans Am as Runamuck/Runabout, which I'd buy an extra to bash into KITT. :D 

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hasbro answers to the market call. (cue the $ spotlight)