Could the Decepticons have their own 'Grimlock'?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by scorpio-prime, Oct 18, 2011.

1. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Reading about his control method, how he seems to greatly differ from the other characters in terms of available weapons and his transformation supposedly being an Incredible Hulk-esque anger based super mode rather than something you can do at any time got me thinking, would HMS also create a Decepticon character who plays the same way?

I ask because it seems unlikely to me that the Autobots would have access to an amazingly unique character who could potentially be used in Escalation aswell (if it makes it in), and the Decepticons wouldn't (I'm assuming Bruticus is too big to be used outside of specially made levels).

2. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking about this and the only characters that would fit with the in game fiction that I could think of would be the Seacons (which I have for sale on e bay right now, plug plug plug LOL) The story takes place 65-70 million years ago allowing Shockwave to study dinosaurs, the only G1 beast mode characters with a representative of their alt mode from that time period would be the seacons. That would also give you us another combiner.

3. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I'm guessing Predacons maybe, or perhaps they upsized a Triple-changer (they should be huge anyway).

4. scorpio-prime

I know that in this continuity Shockwave has been studying prehistoric Earth creatures -this could explain the insecticons, and also offers the possibility of a character like Scorponok or Tarantulas (either of which could be a former Decepticon Scientist who voluntarily offered to be experimented upon, hoping to become even more powerful).

5. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

A Beast Wars Megatron homage named Gigatron. A former loyal general to Megatron, and equal to him in shear power. He had recently returned from a trip to smuggle Energon to Earth, to find Cybertron in ruins. When he finds Megatron is responsible, he gives him a piece of his processor...

Either a playable character with a boss fight with Megatron at the end of his level, or a boss himself, duking it out with either Megatron or Grimlock.

6. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fangry. Grimlock's style is perfect for Fangry.

7. scorpio-prime

I love Fangry but the trouble is nothing would have been on Earth at this time resembling his werewolf alt mode (unless its based on an alien). I reckon Firecon Sparkstalker could work given that he looks like a dinosaur and could even use the same animation model as Grimlock.

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Or Carnivac.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figure the Dinobots were the first. Why try something so risky on a Decepticon? That said, the Decepticons do have their own abominations, the Insecticons. I only hope Bombshell, Shrapnel and Kickback appear in some form. How do we know that Shockwave was only monitoring Earth?

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Razorclaw would be awesome or Insecticons.

11. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

I'd rather the Decepticons didn't have a "Grimlock" type character. I'd rather the Cons got the only combiner too as it would create a far more unique story.

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I actually thought that was a sweet idea they had. Though I don't the Decepticons will get any since Grimlock was supposed to be a Decepticon but Shockwave lost control (then somehow Grimloack became and Autobot).

13. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I read the GI article correctly Grimlock and his elite squad where already Autobots. Grimlock (in typical fashion) doesn't agree/get along with Optimus, so him and his squad leaves the rest of the Autobots to fend for themselves and some how get captured by Shockwave.

If you notice the in game screen shots not only does Shockwave have a left hand instead of a gun but he is also missing the usual cable/tube that goes from his back to his left forearm. I'm hoping/betting that Grimlock bites off his left arm and Shockwave installs this new super powerfull weapon that requires additional energy/ammo that he gets via that cable.

14. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Overkill maybe?

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I was thinking Overkill too.

16. scorpio-prime

Now that HMS has released pics of Slag and Swoop too, it really opens up the possibilities for Decepticon beast-formers.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't Trypticon kick the door wide open in WFC? Besides, the Decepticons have the Insecticons this time around.

18. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure he smashed it with his big toe.

19. scorpio-prime

I'm referring to character animations. With the addition of Slag and Swoop to the roster, they now have animations for lumbering four legged beasts and flying ones, theres all kinds of creatures which could potentially be added to the game with a little imagination.

As for the insecticons, judging from those screenshots they're just NPC enemies rather than playable characters.

20. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far as we know. I will be amazed if Bombshell, Kickback and Shrapnel don't appear in this game. Why have Insecticons if you aren't going to put the most well-known ones in it? I thought the Insecticons were an abandoned project of Shockwave's in this story. Who knows what has happened in his absence? Life found a way to thrive, and boy it; they have hives all over the place.

I hope they have nothing to do with Megatron or the Decepticons (for now—if they are in the game), I'd like them to be their own thing for the time being.