Could the Combaticons show up? (possible spoiler)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by grimmlock, Apr 22, 2012.

1. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For those of you who have seen this weekends episode "Armada", Starscreaming finding the protoforms and making clones was interesting. Since protoforms are in this story, is there a possibility for more protoforms to show up and Starscream creat the combaticons?

Lets face it, there's no way he's going back to Megatron and the only way for him to even challange Megatron, would be with an army.

So I think Starscream creating the Combaticons would fit in smoothly.

What do you guys think?

2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, I was hoping that Starscream would show up with a "combiner group" but instead clones showed up. (oh well)

3. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Assuming the Combaticons are part of the Aligned story bible and not just FoC, or assuming that FoC really is designed to tie in more to Prime, then no. They are already created. I'd say it could instead be a case similar to G1 where Starscream finds their "brains" or memory cores or whatever and implants them into protoforms for brand new bodies, but that seems to go against the shows intentions of making their bodies behave closer to living bodies.

On the other hand, if the Combaticons aren't part of the story bible and they don't care about tying FoC and Prime together, then maybe. But I think Starscream used up all the protoforms anyways.

4. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

When I first saw the five protoforms I immediately thought "HOLY SHIT COMBATICONS!!!!".

I was disappointed.

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

It'd be just as unoriginal as last episode's shenanigan.

6. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I would love to see them but I can also see why they wouldnt use them. They wanna be different and not use the same formula that was used for years. Clones are slightly differnet. Yes they could be his seekers but they wernt. Those where allready talked about in the earlier episodes.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would be a nice G1 nod and make Starscream more of a threat again if he had something like the Combaticons. With how slow the series is to add more characters I just don't see them adding five new Decepticons at once.

Although the protoform lab does open up a possibility that almost any character could be added if they have a copy of the programing, a bit of energon, and protoform.

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder, did he clone his spark as well when he made those clones?

9. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

Probably. It would explain how he could feel their pain, like how Dreadwing felt it when Skyquake died.

10. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

i'd assumed they'd be his seeker army, but when they got killed off so fast nope lol.

just curious how does starscream feel their pain? when he made the clones, all he did was use a sample of his blood (or energon). he then cloned them with the dna from the blood. i wonder how a "bond" was made with the clones. i know i'm going a bit off tangent with this example, but in beastwars when dinobot 2 was cloned, he was given half of rampages spark. so he squeeze spark, rampage hurts. i'm just trying to figure the connection he made with the clones.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

On the episode they had a line about how it replicated Starscream's programing and all his memories so the clones were able to think exactly like Starscream and just like Starscream they knew where everything was at on the ship.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I might be wrong but it looked like the sample Starscream used of himself to make his clones was some of his own energon (I guess once it's in the body it takes on the properties of blood and changes to contain genetic markers of the user), so I wonder what would happen if he mixed energon samples from various different Transformers.
    Seeker bodies with Vehicon drone personalities might be an idea. Or Megatron's body with Starscream's personality. That'd make for an interesting fight with the real Megatron.

13. grimmlock

Ebay:
    Either way, in order for Starscream to be considered a threat, would be for him to have his own army. I don't see it happeneing any other way. With out that, what's his role going to be through the ongoing series?

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Name: Starscream
    Function: Everybody's bitch.

:p 

15. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    I miss the days when The name Starscream put fear into the Autobots. Now hes a joke.

16. grimmlock

Ebay:
    I think he struck the most amount of fear in the animated series.

He knocked out Ultra Magnus with one blast! I def think he should be more of a threat over all

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    There was a great little story in the UK Marvel TF comics called 'Fallen Star' where Starscream doubted his abilities and was convinced everyone was laughing at him behind his back because he always failed (this was right after he'd been rebuilt following his destruction from controlling the Underbase and after a rather whiney surrendering after getting his new Pretender shell).
    He'd see the other Decepticons whispering amongst themselves and watching him as he walked past and assume it was because they considered him a joke. In actuality it was because they were scared of him and his power.
    Then he wandered outside still feeling sorry for himself and encountered some Autobots spying on the Decepticon base because Optimus considered Pretender Starscream to be a threat and Screamer decided they were laughing at him too when really they were worried because they hadn't intended to tangle with him. It's interesting to note that one of the three Autobots is Cloudburst who's wearing his own Pretender shell and yet Starscream is still considered a real threat to the trio. Pretender Beast Chainclaw was there too but without his shell so that probably doesn't count. Starscream goes batshit and takes out all three Autobots with ease and surveys his victory and the burning Autobots while declaring with an evil smirk 'I'm Back!'.

I'd like to see him (re)gain that kind of threat and respect status in TF: Prime.

18. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    Agreed! Prime has him being a whimpy guy when Starscream is a bad ass who just happnes to usualy fail. Not get his ass handed to him every 2 seconds from every character he comes across.

19. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    This, the fact there were 5 of them as well really made me excited, but no, they had to waste them

20. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Look at it this way: Starscream has learnt his lesson now. Next time he comes across some protoforms he'll make sure he does something different to making clones of himself and will put safeguards in place so they don't try and betray him either. He also knows clones of himself mean a pain link so next time he'll not use himself as the template for any protoforms he might decide to activate in the future.

Will he find more protoforms though? Maybe not. But he has a nice swanky lab now so perhaps he can make his own. Maybe the Decepticon ship has a stash of protos for making Vehicons and he'll steal some. Actually there's a thought: is there somewhere a main Vehicon (Steve?) and all the drone Vehicons are just protoform clones of him? Somewhere he's locked away screaming because he can feel the pain and deaths of every single Vehicon the Autobots slaughter. Dark. :)