Could TF:Prime benefit from this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by SuzyPrime, Mar 22, 2011.

1. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Hearing some of the complaints of the lookalike Vehicons and the high death rate of the Decepticons, I propose this possible solution: Add some kind of CR chamber tech to the show.

Decepticon death rate? Solved.

Need for row upon row of meaningless Vehicon drones? Solved.

Miraculous recoveries from one scene to the next (like Arcee in Darkness Rising)? Solved.

It worked on Beast Wars in a similar situation (small casts) I think it would work in Prime too. Thoughts?

2. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Team Prime has Ratchet, you'd think the Decepticons would have some medics seeing as how they're a huge military force.

3. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, they've got Knock Out now.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's not really the Decepticon's mentality. If somebody gets scrapped, they just toss him out and get somebody better.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Even worse they are generics not drones, so they should be able to hold their own.

6. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I say no. Once death doesn't become an issue, then the whole thing becomes a joke.

I don't have a problem with the faceless Decepticon trooper aspect. I know some people do, but hey, can't please everyone.
    Knockout and Breakdown have shown that there will be recurring Decepticon characters that will get added to the cast, so the whole Skyquake issue is done.

As for Miraculous recoveries, like with Arcee at the end of the premere, I agree, that's a cheap cop out. But so is a CR chamber. What you do to fix a scene like that is show Ratchet doing something about it. Much like in following episodes like Scrapheap.

7. Mxprime

Mxprime Banned

There is a Cr chamber though : o

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Eradicons (not vehicons) are generic foot troopers, they're like the storm troopers in Star Wars, whilst they do have personalities they are just Grunts in a uniform infantry.

9. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Vehicon (Prime) - Transformers Wiki

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  11. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I'm all good with seeing the generics being mashed to pieces in high numbers.

12. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It might also be to draw similarities with the faceless army Megatron had at his command in Beast Machines. And if it means we could get to see the Vehicon Generals updated in Prime, then I am all over it. Slightly different heads and a coloured stripe to mark the Generals apart from the troops. Yellow for Thrust (as one of those cars rather than a motorcycle), blue for Jetstorm, and, after introducing some heavy Tank drones, red for Tankor.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think more repairs on the Decepticon side would be nice.

It would be cool if the Decepticon characters had that hard to stop for good feel to them. Just something a little more fun about the almost unstoppable characters in Beast Wars and Animated. Seemed like it was a bigger moment in the series for one of the bad guys to get killed because they were so darn hard to kill when they could come back from horrible injuries.

On the trooper side it would be nice to see some of them recover and become veteran troopers. A bit like how Rex and some of the Clone Troopers have become elite troops from surviving so many battles. Whenever it started seeming too easy to beat the Decepticon troopers the writers would have the elite troopers to make things hard for the Autobots again. Because it can get boring when things get too easy for the good guys.

14. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I've always seen the Decepticons as not really giving a damn about fixing up troops, makes the vehicon drones perfect. Expendable troops seems more their style.

15. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

16. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I remember early on I had said that I hoped they call them Vehicons. So I'm actually happy with it.

They have a chamber of somekind that has yet to be named. So far it has only been used for decontamination and somekind of minimal repair on BB, with Ratchet helming the controls. Even if they do end up calling it a CR chamber, it's so far not the same magic healing closet of previous series.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I'm of the same opinion..they have a healing chamber..whether this series will call it a CR Chamber hasn't been said or spelled out yet. Considering Bee was banged up pretty badly from his encounter with Skyquake I think it may be a good bet it may be the "Earth version" of a Cybertronian CR Chamber--Something Ratchet could put together with parts from the base and some left over Cybertronian tech from their ship, etc.... :thumb 

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would like the Eradicons/Vehicons to receive treatment similar to the clones in SW:CW in that, while many of the clones still wear the standard uniform, there's a good deal that have personalized their uniforms, their hair, their faces, etc. so that they at least stand out as individuals a bit more.

In Battlestar Galactica there was one Cylon raider that had a big scar down its face that stood out for being especially dangerous. They even named it Scar.

In Aliens vs. Predator, there was one alien that received a grid like pattern on its head after getting caught in the Predator's net (its acid blood burned through the net, leaving the grid pattern), and became the rival to the Predator for the rest of the movie.

A little differentiation would go a long way.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

^
    That's not a bad idea. It'd actually be a neat way of bringing in the concept of Vehicon Generals.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Eradicons sounds way cooler.