Could Shockwave have been involved in Trypticon's development? [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, Aug 27, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, so I don't know a whole bunch about FOC, but I'v heard that Shockwave got the inspiration to build Grimlock's dinosaur form off Earth dinos. So what I was wondering is could the colossal T-Rex battlestation Trypticon have been altered by Shockwave as well? Like Grimlock, he has only an alternate mode and a dinosaur mode, no robot mode. Perhaps the one-eyed bandit made him too?

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    It wouldn't surprise me. When Shockwave first observed Earth, it could've given him the inspiration for Trypticon. Or even maybe another life form on another planet that might have similar characteristics. Both would be plausible, especially since Trypticon seems to be a hybrid of both humanoid and dinosaur (with references more to the latter than former).

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wasn't it stated in Exodus that Shockwave created Trypticon? I don't see why that couldn't hold true for WFC/FOC as well.

4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    In Exodus, it is revealed that the station is Cybertronian. Later, Shockwave makes the space station Cybertronian. Apparently Alex Irvine forgot that he had already established that it was already a Transformer and therefore did not need it to be made a Transformer by Shockwave. Writing is hard.

So yeah, in Exodus, Trypticon's alt-mode is actually the space station and not just the cannon that took advantage of the space station's Energon Bridge. It was both already a Transformer prior to Shockwave working on it and made a Transformer by Shockwave. Alex Irvine forgot which, so it can go either way.

...Alex Irvine is so shit.

As for WFC/FOC, I'd say its a possibility, but I personally don't think so. Cybertron Trypticon is more dinosaur-like monster then T-Rex like he is on Earth.
    Also I think if Shockwave had made any other dinosaur conversions they'd have appeared in one of the many research blogs you find. The implication is that the Dinobots are the only ones he's done, but he plans on making an army.

5. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

Grimlock has a robot mode.

6. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

And i would know.

7. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I think Trypticon was created before Shockwave began snooping around on other worlds; while he is obviously a reptilian-based beast, his proportions don't match any prehistoric reptile on Earth. Presumably, his bestial form was simply a mixture of traits to add a primal fear to his already impressive size and strength.

We get Shockwave's
    audio logs and hear him chatting about the animals he studied to make Grimlock, Swoop and Slug
    , but none of them ever refer to Trypticon, so it's safe to say Trypticon's design preceded Shockwave's experiments.