could ratchet be better?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundwavedredd2, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Soundwavedredd2

Soundwavedredd2 Banned

Could ratchet be better
    what u think
    e.g for screen-time , more speech
    tell me what u think

2. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    For anyone who's gonna make these threads, any character could of been better. So we can stop now.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He definitely could have been. He did shit-all in the way of medic work. The only indication we get that he is a medic? Optimus saying that he's a medic.

4. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    Are you going to make a thread for every bot in the trilogy?

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Everything anywhere of any kind could be better always. No matter how much better you make it, it could be better. That being so, should room for improvement make us unhappy? If so, we will never be happy. And if we're looking for things to improve, is Ratchet really the top priority?

6. Soundwavedredd2

Soundwavedredd2 Banned

i am just seeing how the tri could on been better

7. Soundwavedredd2

Soundwavedredd2 Banned

[​IMG][​IMG] Look at these

8. Soundwavedredd2

Soundwavedredd2 Banned

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I suppose he's got to find a pointless new subect to endlessly spam the boards with since his toys customs and fan series freebie request threads proved unpopular.
    Maybe he should make a 'Could Soundwavedredd2's threads be any better?' thread.

I shall just paste in what I said in the other thread as it works for this one too:

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Again, he could've been better and he could've been worse. Sums up pretty much anything in Bayformers. For every single "Could so-and-so have been better?"-threads, you're going to get both sides of the story. Some will say yes, some will say no.

:lol  +1

11. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet could have look much better in his bot mode but all thanks to Bayformers,he look ugly.

12. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Just needs more screentime.

And please stop making these.

13. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

More screentime and they should have shown him actually being a medic.

14. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    A word of advise: if you want to talk about which characters could be better (which they all could in someway) make a masterthread and just call it "What Characters Could Be Better" that way you can dicuss the matter without bothering people by making a thread on every single character.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1 to more screen time.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I agree with the general consensus of more screentime: he needs some rescues and treating people.

And I would also like that his colour either stay green or go to classic rwd/white.

17. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    The bigger question is... Could Ejector have been better?

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Why single out Ratchet?

Every single Transformer in the entire series who isn't named Optimus has the exact same problem. The voice actor for Ironhide could have recorded all his lines for all three movies in less than one afternoon.

I wouldn't be surprised if the voice actor for Ratchet could read all his lines in all three movies in ONE BREATH.

19. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    In ROTF, yes. He had decent screentime in the first film and DOTM, I only wish I could've seen him use those giant circular saw blades again.

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    To be fair though, that can happen with any voice-actor in any role. It all depends on the day, the actor's schedule and the amount of work they have to do. Abigail Breslin (playing one of the main characters in an animated movie called Zambezia) recorded all of her lines in the span of four hours. And I can guarantee you that her role was as substantial as say, Mikaela's in Transformers (in terms of quantity). Liam Neeson could've recorded all of his lines for each individual Narnia movie in a single afternoon. James Earl Jones could've easily done the same thing for Darth Vader. Recording all of one's lines in a short amount of time does not always have a bearing on how substantial their role is. Paul Bettany probably spent no more than 2 days in the recording booth for JARVIS in Iron Man 2. Alan Rickman had 18 lines of dialogue in the final cut of Alice in Wonderland. There's no reason to assume that it took him any more or less time than Harnell in Transformers. Tim Blaney's role as Frank the Pug in MIB2 had roughly 40 lines of dialogue; again, could've been recorded in an afternoon. Could've taken a week of on-and-off work. Who knows? That's the benefit of voice-acting. You don't have to worry about getting into costume or having make-up applied. You walk in, wait for the tech to be ready, record your dialogue, get feedback if necessary and walk out. It can take three weeks of filming to complete all Simmons-related scenes in DotM. But if Peter Cullen completed it in one go, Optimus' lines could take him a merely 2-3 hours. (That is in no way to diminish the work of VAs).

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally agreeing that the VAs could've completed their work in a short amount of time if the conditions were perfect. What I'm saying is that that's not an uncommon thing. If you've got 25 lines to record, if the director likes all of the clips that the VA records, if the VA has the entire day to be free to work on this, nothing says that they couldn't pump it out in the span of two hours.