Could piracy either make or break this movie.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Feb 3, 2007.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I have had this thought for quite a while about this movie where basically at some point a leaked version hits the net and everyone obtains it watches and fills with either dread or joy.
    This is the reality of current time we live in and for the movies that come out, for instance Revenge of the Sith. In Sith's case the leaked movie actually, in cases of people i know, actually made them want to see it in the theater cause it was actually a decent flick compared to what they thought of the prior 2 and the downloaded version was a terrible transfer. I know some that vowed not to go and saw it 2 times instead.
    I think the same can be held true especially for this movie and i think the dangerous thing is that no matter how its spun this is a G1 reincarnated movie. The character names situation and groupings are there to attract that crowd of that fan base. The only things differant are there is no ark, BB is now a camaro (good move actually), some of the Deceps are new. and spike is now called sam. So the jury is still out on the redesigns and how they will sit with the crowd and the casual movie goer but it will have a major affect.

Although G1 will not make or break this ultimately do you feel most of you will wait to hear about or see the movie before spending your cash to watch transformers by Michael Bay? Or are we all lining up at the Midnight showing together ?

:horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse:  :horse: 

2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well, if your a fan I beleive youll go see it, nuff said :D 

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm planning on going to see it. If I like it, I'll go see it again. If I still like it after 2 viewings, THEN I'll download it.

4. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Not a chance, did Piracy break Spider-man or Lord of the Rings or Star Wars... no people might download it if it was to become available but i guarantee almost every fan out there will go see this movie regardless of whether they see a screener on a crappy ass 19' LCD monitor... as opposed to a 100 ft screen with THX surround...

5. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

i'll see it in the theater, but I've never been the type to stand in a ridiculously long line to see a movie. I don't necessarily have to see it opening day either. I will see it at one point or another within opening week, but during that weekend...i don't know. it depends on the lines. but i will be seeing this in the theater. only the big screen will do this film justice. maybe imax?! (wishful thinking on my part)lol

6. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    Lol, I choose bragging rights over waiting. Of course i wouldnt do such as to ruin the movie for others. All I know is the lines at my local thater will be pretty low considering almost little to no-one in Michigan likes transformers. But Iam possitive a few canadians will be veiwing. So Id say the theater will be filled with a few seats left to spare.

7. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Piracy will have no more or less effect on this film than any other. That is to say, not a whole hell of a lot.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Piracy won't have an effect on it.

For Star Wars: ROTS, I saw it a couple times in theatres. (Missed the Millenium Falcon EVERY time despite knowing where it was in the film). THEN, I downloaded it. Then I later downloaded a near-DVD copy of the movie - used it to make a music vid to something from The Matrix trilogy.

Then I deleted that when I got the DVD.

I'll probably do something similar with Transformers - see it a few times, download a copy so I can then watch it whenever to tide me over and overanalyze it, and then go buy the DVD.

9. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in the same boat as you on this.

10. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    same here. but i will DEFINITELY be in the front of the line for the midnight show, playing with my movie toys and drinking redbull. i don't think piracy will ruin this movie, i think piracy has yet to ruin ANY movie (except, of course, 1986's "Pirates"). but i am not going to let a downloaded version spoil the fun of the big screen schock when we see Blackout Transform for the first time.

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no sorry that's utter rubbish, the vast vast vast majority of people who watch the movie will SHOCK HORROR in fact not be hardcore fans.

people like us on mesage boards are just a minor marketing tool, with about the same impact on 'make or break' factor as a nice looking poster.

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

I plan of avoiding this place once the film's been released until I see it at the cinema.

13. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    you can take it to the bank alot of people will download it

14. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    As will I....As a matter a fact I wont post until july 10th around their.....I have to let the TF goodness sink in before I here repugnant rants from users that will repent their claims of it sucking! lol....of course it could flame :( 

15. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Piracy will have basically no affect on this film. Do not believe the bullshit and lies that various companies put out.

16. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I can't see piracy affecting this film anymore than any other given film. I personally feel like piracy is theft, but I don't think that it affects film profits much.

17. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Why settle in front of 19" monitor while I can enjoy the movie at theater which is loud enough to make my ears bleed....ok not that worst.

18. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I think the idea i meant is that most of us are going to see this movie in theaters mostly because we believe the good heavily out way the bad.

However if you were to see an advanced copy we will call it and the movie was absolutely terrible. Would you still go to the theatre?

Now conversely say you are in the boat some are in as they are boycotting the movie for there own belief the movie will stink. If you then see an advanced copy and find it better than expected Would you then go see the film?

This has little to do with what movie studios say about piracy its more about a will you or wont you see the movie based on the above scenarios.

19. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    o_O  on the whole topic

and a -.-'

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

There will be a screener leaked/pirated online. There always is for pretty much any move. In never makes or breaks those either. Simply not enough people will go that route to make a huge impact, fans or not. It's already more or less a given that the fandom can't make or break the movie in the first place. An even smaller subset of the fandom that pirates the movie and refuses to buy a ticket will more insignificant still.