Could Optimus Prime *blank* with the Matrix?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeX47, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

I think those of us who feel Optiums was a murderer, feel that we were hoping for Batman when what we got was Jason Todd's Red Hood.

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Why would you hope for Batman? Optimus has never had anything in common with Batman.

Now if you were to say that you were hoping for John Wayne, but got Clint Eastwood, that would be a fairer comparison.

3. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

Well, i only mean in the sense that Batman doesn't kill yet still saves the day. Otherwise they dont have anything in common at all. Sorry if that was confusing.

4. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Batman killed Two-Face in The Dark Knight. Even if he didn't mean to... Even though it was self-defense, Batman still killed Dent.

Ras' Al Ghul's death was different in Batman Begins, due to Batman not killing Ras' but he still left him to die in the monorail crash.

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Except in Batman. And Batman Returns. But other than that, no, he only breaks bones, psychologically traumatizes them, puts them in full-body casts and leaves them to die. :p  That situation with Batman always reminds me of the Douchebag Batman meme. I can't find the picture at the moment, but the caption reads:

"Doesn't kill The Joker
    Joker kills one thousand more people."

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand that that's Batman's schtick. I'm not saying it shouldn't be. That's what makes him Batman. But that's the thing. It's Batman's schtick. Not Optimus'. Primal wasn't above leaving a Starscream-posessed Waspinator to perish in an energon explosion while poppin' off an action one-liner (despite Waspinator surviving due to Beast Wars physics). Cybertron Optimus impaled Galvatron with a 50 foot sword as his body disintegrated into magical pixie robo dust. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if it means saving seven billion people from enslavement/extinction, Bayformers Optimus is willing to kill Megatron, The Fallen and Sentinel. Kill three, save billions. Now obviously the question arises, where does he draw the line?

6. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Especially since in that scene they were driving on the wrong side of the highway.

7. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    He's about preserving already existing innocent life instead of letting a bunch of genocidal slavers establish their tyrannical regime. You and other say that the Decepticons want to bring back Cybertron, but in what form would they actually bring it back? It damn sure wouldn't be the Cybertron that they destroyed to begin with. It would be more akin to Stalinist Russia or Saddam Hussein's Iraq, where only the autocratic dictator and his buddies get any sort of good out of life, while everyone else lives in squalor and despair, knowing that said dictator could take their lives away on a whim. And that's just against other Transformers. Imagine Megatron/Sentinel/the Fallen's tyranny as inflicted on other races they deem inferior. If I were Optimus, I would rather see Cybertron stay dead than bring it back in a form like that. It would be a perversion of what Cybertron used to be, a vulgar mockery of what came before.

8. JDK

JDK Seen Your Member

News Credits:
    Don't think the body can be salvaged, but maybe the movievers can put a consciousness into a new body and we'll get... I don't know, Kup or Bulkhead or just a slightly different Ironhide.

9. Honorbound

Ebay:
    I doubt even his processor survived; that rust gun ate away at everything, save the tires. The surviving Autobots could probably have swept Ironhide up with a damned broom.

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Maybe it wasn't even Barricade to begin with, just the same car he scanned, trying to catch all these whack-jobs driving into oncoming traffic.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'm joking....jeez. But seriously I see Optimus Prime more like the Harbringer of Death. He brings death to all his enemies and couldn't care less about anyone except Bumblebee and Sam.

12. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    "Holy s**t! Base, come in! It's Johnson! I've got a half-dozen trucks and military vehicles all barrelling down the highway on the wrong side of the road! I'm going to need backu- HOLY F**K! THIS MILITARY VEHICLE IN FRONT OF ME JUST BODY-SLAMMED A CITY BUS!"

13. Honorbound

Ebay:
    Sorry, I missed the joke, a common problem when dealing with online communication.

However, the second part of your post is inaccurate, at least the part about him no caring about anyone except Sam and Bumblebee. When Ironhide called him out on wanting to protect the humans, Optimus responded that "We must not let the humans pay for our mistakes." Sounds like more than just Sam and Bee. In movie one, his whole objective was finding the Allspark so that he could restore Cybertron; his "shove it into my Spark and kill us both" plan was a last-ditch contingency plan for if Megatron defeated him (which happened). Once the Allspark, the only means of safely restoring Cybertron, was gone, he gave up on it; all the other options had too high a price tag. Again, more than just Sam and Bumblebee. Heck, even Bay-haters on this very site have gone on about how Optimus cares about humanity more than his own people. Once more, more than just Sam and Bumblebee.

Edit: Tyler, Sso02V, that theory actually makes sense; there's nothing to prove it, but there's nothing to disprove it either, and the image of the poor officer trying to report all this in is priceless.

14. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I said it once, I'll say it again:

Ironhide got blasted - three times at point-blank range - with an incendiary projectile that also releases a chemical which instantly turns metal into rust. And as we all saw, he was completely desintigrated.

There's nothing left to be revived, much less the means to do so.

EDIT - Just saw the date this thread was made. We just need another, "why is Megatron so weak" thread, and I'm convinced this is the zombie apocalypse we face.

15. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

As much as i know its physically impossible...mind you physics in these movies haven't played a huge part in things...I keep wanting Optimus to catch that crashing helicopter in movie one. Every time he doesn't i feel a little sad. Yeah i guess sam was more important in the big scheme of things, but Optimus looking to 'the greater good' is not something i am used to in other continuities.

16. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    I believe I've addressed this before. Would Optimus saving that helicopter have shown more blatantly that he cares for the humans (you know, besides protecting Earth for three movies)? Yes, it would've. But take a look at that scene and let's play this out logistically. That helicopter was shot by F-22/Starscream's missiles. It's crashing. It's on fire. If the pilots aren't dead already, then having five tons of robot suddenly smash into them to try and save them would've killed them on impact. That's a 30 foot burning helicopter with spinning blades careening out of control. Optimus is tough and all, but for him to try and lessen the impact of that helicopter to try and save the pilot(s) (who may or may not already be dead) would be the equivalent of Edward Scissorhands riding his bicycle towards you at 30 kmh while flailing his bladed arms and fingers around and you being expected to safely bring him to a halt without injuring him or yourself. Not good odds for either side.

Optimus' main priority at that point was Sam and the AllSpark. Would it have been cool to see him save that chopper? Yeah. Would it have been a more iconic "hero" moment? Sure. But for the sake of the story, he was focused on Sam/the AllSpark/Megatron/Earth, rather than two pilots who were basically dead no matter what course of action Optimus might take.

17. TNG Prime

TNG Prime TNG Prime IS a title!

I approve of this post. Add that to the fact that Sam had the Cube, and he'd be insane to go after the helicopter.

As for my thoughts on this topic's question, no. His body was relatively intact when he was resurrected. Dents, dings, and disasters all over him, and a hole in his chest, but it was in one piece. As for Ironhide...I'm still counting.

18. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    I didnt care for Ironhide. Just another pointless badass to me. Yes I was surprised when he died, but thats it. He was in the movies long enough, the best part was the 10 seconds of fame he had in the 3rd movie when he killed the dreads, other then that I didnt care for him.