Could Optimus Prime *blank* with the Matrix?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeX47, Jul 2, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

As everyone, I too suffer from shock illness from the scene when Ironhide dies. I was so shocked, so unexpected. Ironhide was one of my favorites but the basically killed him in a way he could never return.

Did Sentinel's gun completely disintegrate him? Is there any way possible for him to return for TF4 (if there is one)?

2. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

No, not unless they transplated his processer into a new body.

3. CorePrime

CorePrime Active Member

Not much of Ironhide was left, I'm afraid. Que (Wheeljack), however, might be a different story. Save for his head, his body is pretty much in tact.

4. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

He's a pile of rust. There's really nothing you can do.

5. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

No spoilers on thread titles.

On the topic: Hardly, Sentinel's gun apparently makes you rust and fade away [as that happened with Ironhide], there isn't a Spark nor a body to bring back.

He had his chest blown out [thus, his Spark was destroyed], I don't think Optimus can bring him back.

6. CorePrime

CorePrime Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it anticipated Ironhide was set to die by ROTF? GM, or whoever, was said discontinuing pickup he's based on.

EDIT:

Not so much his chest, but more of his shoulder, I think, was blown out. The first shot rendered him on his knees with noticeable chest damage. He was still "alive" by then, capable of uttering "Why did you-". The second shot, the killing blow, looked like it was aimed for the head, which popped right off.

7. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering how Optimus got revived by it after he got impaled and blasted through the chest by Megatron, I think anything is possible. Likely? No. Possible? Yes.

8. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    No, Ironhide is gone with the wind.

9. CorePrime

CorePrime Active Member

Personally, I hope Que does make it back. Movie-verse needed an engineer, and from a marketing standpoint, it's kinda convenient.

Anywho, back to Ironhide. With Hasbro, anything is possible. If he continues to be a hot seller, there's no doubt in my mind they'll create a "revived" version a la Allspark Jazz, accompanied by some kind of sub-continuity bio.

10. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Like trying to revive a cremated body with a defibrillator.

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    He's dead, Jim.

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'd say there's a better chance of piecing Jazz back together than Ironhide, I'm sorry to say.

13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

they could... but then people would start asking, why didn't they resurrect the other bots on the ship? or Jazz? or all the other dead autobots? and why just Autobots? why not Con's? or are autobots racist? :lol 

14. OptimusPrimeX47

OptimusPrimeX47 Well-Known Member

Well why didn't Optimus revive Jazz if he has the power to do so with the Matrix?

15. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    There's nothing to revive.

16. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

Ironhide's dead, unfortunately. Cosmic rust is some serious s**t.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No, it was his entire torso. That's why his head fell off, because there was nothing to hold it on. he got shot like three times. They made damn sure there was nothing left.

Also the Matrix, so far, has not been shown to be able to rebuild Transformers, only re-energize them. When Optimus was brought back in ROTF he was still heavily damaged and barely able to stand. Sentinel was dead from lack of energy, but his body was fine, so he was a snap. Ironhide is dust, and Wheeljack is in pieces.

18. Nope

Nope Conehead

News Credits:
    Firstly, Ironhide is completely withered away. Secondly, I just don't think Optimus gives a damn.

19. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

Two things.

1) Continuing with the original thread, it's unlikely that Optimus could revive Ironhide, as there is very little of Ironhide left. He was reduced to a pile of rust. That being said, there are about fifty MacGuffin's that they could use to bring him back.

2) The reason Prime didn't revive Jazz is because he didn't get the Matrix until ROTF, and if you read the comics they say Jazz was buried at sea with the other Transformers.

SO, hypothetically, they could bring Ironhide and Jazz back. If you wanted to adapt modern technology, computer systems do backups over wireless networks all the time. There's no reason why the Autobots, using a combination of Earth and Cybertronian technology, couldn't have developed a similar system. All they would need would be an unformatted Protoform.

Assuming there is a Movie 4, and assuming GM wants to continue their sponsorship, Ironhide and Jazz will need new alt modes. Bumblebee has cornered the Camaro, and Sideswipe is the Stingray Concept. Jazz, I'm thinking a Cadillac CTS Coupe. For Ironhide and Ratchet (seeing as they had similar alt modes in G1 and Ratchet needs a new alt mode since GM doesn't own hummer anymore), I'm thinking customized GMC Yukons; Ironhide in black, Ratchet in a custom red/white ambulance.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Uh, no there isn't.

There's the Matrix and that's it. All other MacGuffin's in the movies are gone.