could one see president obam as being a modern day Martin Luther King?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

just my thoughts people but i would not be the slightest bit surprised if the guy actually manged to finish the work started by the late rev Martin Luther King jr

in regards to obama being the new president he certainly has forfilled the dream in that regard

what are your thoughts people?

2. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No politics.

3. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Seems political enough to get closed so before the PTB lock this up I want to say No

Atleast not fully I am sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that MLK JR, Parks, Lincoln et all would be quite satisfied with the level of progress in white-black relations from their times to now. I mean who would have foreseen a black man accending to the presidency in 09 decades before it happened I think Rober Kennedy was the only one to make the prediction and he was right on the money

Kings dream was that race not even play a factor in judging the man and it played huge factor for and against Obama I like to think that party affiliation and/or the issues played more into getting obama elected but we'll never know but i do feel we are getting to that point slowly but surely.

4. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i can't help but think that in his own way president obama is carying on the work of the late reveran king but with it being on more of a international level manner of speaking

5. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Political conversation, as well as religious conversation, is against the rules here at TFW2005. You can read the rules here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/rules.php

While TFW2005 understands the historical significance of what is happening in the United States of America, the userbase here has demonstrated time and time again that it cannot handle political or religious conversation like mature adults, and thus, the few have ruined it for the many.

Good day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.