Could Megatron Be A Turn-Coat (Sort Of)?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Goldlock, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Turn-'Coat'=the cape, get it...nevermind :lol  Anyway I was just thinking; could Megatron turn out to be an Autobot ally (at least for a while) in DOTM?

It would make sense if he was overthrown, since Shockwave is the new 'big bad' & was forced into fleeing from the 'cons until the invasion gets going. Then comes his revenge against Shockwave & co.

It would explain his lack of media foreboding/exposure and give credit to the speculation it was him "with" Starscream in the trailer.

Also, it might present a new way to end the war/movie with a truce of some kind; since Megs died in the 1st film & Prime died in the 2nd...so repeating that would be a bit redundant, right?

So, what does everybody else think may happen? :) 

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you've just about put your finger on it. I don't think Shockwave takes over right away, but half way through, after a failed Decepticon invasion, he and Starscream (who is less power hungry and more a beaten dog biting back at his abuser) put Megatron in his place and invade Chicago. He either sees an opportunity or just shows up later, but he tries to get revenge on Shockwave and Starscream (maybe Soundwave is still with him).

OH! Maybe he kills the Dweller/Driller? :p 

At best though, he'll be an anti hero who saves the day for his own selfish end. I think the film will end with him leaving Earth with a truce with the Autobots.

3. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

My feeling is, bay wants megs kept from shown in the trailer he probably will have a huge say in the film. The trailer never really added anything that spoils some of the film. Megs probably activated the space bridge calling for the decepticons. But megs new mode is seen filmed in chicago, so I would guess he is in the big fight, teaming up with shockwave. Don't forget in ROTF trailer, it showed devestator in the end so who knows.

4. Goldlock

News Credits:
    This would make one hell of a fresh twist to his character & the story! :D 

5. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I f**king hope not

6. Goldlock

News Credits:
    But Megs hasn't really got a motive for waging a war anymore; there's no allspark to obsess over & the Fallen isn't calling the shots...there's only really his vendetta against Prime.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I have a strong feeling the OP is at least partially correct.

8. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    the OP had exactly what i was thinking. since megs isnt getting sceen time or much news, it could mean he has a really big background role. shockwave makes him look like a lost puupy anyways, so it makes sense that shockwave over powers him

9. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Interesting take.
    It will be interesting to see. I think the lack of Soundwave's presence/Megatron is definitely related, I think they are together.

However, it's been said that Megatron is plotting revenge over in Africa. Revenge against Prime, why would he team up with Prime, unless he is getting revenge on Shockwave, like what's been said.

I just don't see Megs being an anti-hero, or helping in anyway, though I would be entertained to see it!

10. Soundwavedotm

Soundwavedotm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    quick question and observation in the new trailer we see starscream or who think is starscream get blown to bits when bb jumps the building........watch it back folks as theres something behind starsceam that kills him.......i saw a hand and shadow so i reckon megatron may help the autobots only to kill starscream and betray prime at the end so prime has to kill him too!!!! but someone else deffo kills starscream and its a robot!!!

11. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

True, but it may be somebody else. I share the certainty that there is another robot in that scene.

12. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

I think shockwave will try to dethrown megatron and megatron comes too the autobots saying "Help me(megatron) regain control and I will promise to make the decepticons back off earth (or something like that". In the end optimus fights along side megatron and for awhile until shockwave is defeated. Once shockwave is defeated Megatron does a "Today we are allies but after today we continue to be enemies blah blah blah" and then the decepticons leave.

13. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Man these are some interesting theories. I think it would be awesome if after all the failures, Shockwave comes to Earth and tells Megatron he's not number 1 anymore because he is incompetent.Then,as said earlier,Megs goes to the Autobots begging for help.

14. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I don't think there will be any turncoat from megatron, the spacebridge I think megatron activates, and think it is a bit predictable - I sense that it will be megatron and shockwave leading the decepticons invasion of earth. I think megatron and shockwave will team up, because of the way prime ripped the fallen apart, both megs and shockwave will think it may take both of them to kill prime. Add the fact bay wants the decepticons to be such a destructive, almost an impossible force to beat. That a combo of megatron and shockwave, adding starscream and soundwave with a ton of decepticons crushing Chicago, it gives the sense there is no hope for the autobots and the humans. If megatron and shockwave are fighting side by side, this is when the decepticons really do feel unstoppable

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Maybe he saves optimus from shockwave purposely so that HE can be the one to kill optimus. I'd see it happen, with him muttering a line after taking down shockwave like "If anybody is to kill optimus Prime, It is I!" Then bam, he kills him.

16. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megs was also here in DC

I know cause I stood right in front of him

17. dragonboy

dragonboy Banned

I'm thinking the same thing gald I'm not the only one seeing this.

18. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I can't see any other robots in that shot except bee and screamer. Where in the shot do you mean exactly since starscreams arms are flailing everywhere to begin with.

19. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i love the speculating. ;) 

20. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Go to the 1:46 mark, look on what would be Starscream's left and you'll see a hand behind him that looks like it just let him go.