Could Dinobot's be in TF3 or TF4?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tigertrack, May 30, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

In Bay's Transformer movies, the alien-robots come down from space like a shooting astroid. They crash land some where, and then they disguise them selves as an object of near-same size that was next to them.

If the Dinobot's were to be introduced, how could this happen on modern day Earth? Obviously dinosaurs are long gone, only thing left is their skeletons in museums.

So let's say Grimlock's Cybertronian-robot mode came crashing down to Earth.
    Let's say he crash-landed next to a dinosaur museum? Could he then disguise him self as a Tyrannosaurus Rex?

Any minute possibilities Bay would introduce the Dinobot's or any other reptilian Transformer?

2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Bayformers are new characters with old names. Just because they were dinosaurs before doesn't mean they always have to be dinosaurs. Or Autobots, for that matter.

Never forget- Bay's movies aren't G1.

3. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    How 'bout that the dinobots are some of the Seekers that came to this world when it was still populated by dinosaurs and they just had to take their image to blend in?

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    There's no reason Dinobots couldn't be included in a Transformers movie. It all depends on whether the moviemakers want to make it happen or not.

My personal favourite concept for the dinobots is that on their way to earth they passed through a timewarp and arrived in prehistoric times. Then when the autobots locate them, they have to be blasted out of fossil sediment. Then they emerge confused and a little brain-damaged.

5. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

I always thought the most practical idea was to just have them landed during the prehistoric era, took on dinosaur shaped alt modes and lain dormant (ala Megatron) after whatever cataclysm killed the dinosaurs. Then discovered in the modern era.

I've heard of the ideas with them arriving transcanning animatronic dinosaurs, but that's close to coming off very cheesey, if not scripted perfectly.

6. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Here's another thought: if we could have a giant desert scorpion....

yeah, yeah, I know- he didn't scan any scorpions, that was his Cybertronian form. BUT- who is to say that the Dinobots couldn't aintain their Cybertron forms- that just happened to like Dinosaur-ish.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You know what I'd see? Dinobots with reptilian and vehicle modes. No bipedal humanoid modes. I was messing with Mixmaster last night, the wife thought it was a preying mantis. Look at Ravage, look at the Fallen, he's a damn cockroach on its back legs. Look at Ironhide's dog snout or Ratchet's beak. Why not dinosaurs?

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Could they? Maybe.

Should they? Hell no.

The LAST thing the Movies need are dinosaur TF's shoehorned into them, especially if they were given the imperfect grammar of the original Dinobots. People would find reasons as to how the Dinobots make fun of people who have problems with proper speech. Also, considering that Sludge's alt. mode doesn't even exist, I fail to see how he would fit even in a museum because even there it would be painfully obvious he's not supposed to be there.

I somewhat see Grimlock being thrown into the mix (intergalatic mercenary?), and he could do well if he's written well enough, but there's NO way all five Dinobots could be in the film and the film itself do well, because with five members of a group, someone is gonna want to see them combine, and we all remember what happened the LAST time someone tried that in-fiction:
    Beast (G1) - Transformers Wiki

9. Tigertrack

Was it ever said how long ago Megatron crash-landed on Earth? I know it was long ago, but was it pre-historic? Which Dinobot's besides Grimlock would you want to/not want to see in the movie? I think Swoop could make it as some other large bird in modern day times. Perhaps a condor or other massive bird?

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

TFs in this continuity is young. The whole factionalization started around 19,000 years ago. The current war is around 12,000 years or more.

Also TFs don't tend to be 65 million years old in other continuities. Only under 20 million.

11. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

dinobots transform/unite in into biggest autobot warrior combier

12. Tigertrack

We're not talking about their ability to combined or not. We're talking about if they were to appear in the upcoming movies, how would they be introduced. How would they come about as dinosaurs?

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think they'd just suddenly be there. You didn't see Arcee scan a flamingo, or Sideswipe scan a roller-derby girl.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No, even Siimon Furman doesn't want them in the movies, because he believes they would be too unrelealistic....and he's the hugest dinobot fan there is.

15. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if i had it my way, this is how i would have the Dinobots for Transformers 3:

have them been part of the Seekers seeking sources of energon around the universe. On Cybertron, they are buddies because other Cybertronians ostracize and marginalize them and make fun of them and treat them like crap because of their learning/speech disabilities (they were born with some genetic defect making them so. with their genetic defect, at least their fun and original characterizations from G1 would still be maintained and plausible). their families could not have their defects repaired because on Cybertron, their families are average and part of the lower working-classes of Cybertron so they couldn't afford to have their kids repaired. because they shared something in common, they naturally bonded together and became best of friends and treated Grimlock as the leader of their group when Grimlock would defend his other friends from other Cybertronians who would mock them, taunt them, and make fun of them.

so when they matured, that was the time when problems started to arise on Cybertron with the energon crisis. the government calls out a bulletin/ad for the need for Cybertron Energon Seekers who would go to all the corners of the universe to search for Energon and obtain them. the Dinobots find themselves signing up for this. the only flier among them is Swoop, but all of them eventually board a Cybertronian ship. once they arrive at a point in space, they transform into pods, covered with rock, and then launched to their destinations.

the Cybertronians in charge of that group of Seekers in that ship, knowing of the kinship of the Dinobots and their learning disability, realize he would have to send them to the same general direction so that at least they won't be lost and will have each other for company if in case problems arise. so this was done, but little do they know, the Dinobots arrive on Earth, during Earth's Cretaceous/Jurassic period.

when the Dinobots land, they remember the group leader's rule of not harming any life they may find and instead report back if they ever find life. that group leader in that ship is Kup. but the Dinobots it seems got sent back too far away and they fell out of communications range with their ship. but they did remember Kup's rule. and when they were on Earth, they started assuming the forms of the various dinosaurs they found based on their sizes - T. Rex, Triceratops, Brontosaurus, Stegosaurus, and Pterodactyl. they couldn't communicate back, and Kup tried to find them but to no avail. so the Dinobots went to stasis lock until the present time.

16. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I don't really care what Simon Furman says.

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No because Bay doesn't like them. He doesn't find them 'realistic' as giant metal scorpions, cats, or unicyle bots. Never mind the fact that giant alien robots that can fold there bodies into Earth vehicles pretty much destroys any realism the movie had in the first place.

18. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

We have seen lot of transformers who are based on animals: Ravage, Scorponok the Insecticons/Minicons, the CISCO Aironet Bot looked like a scorpion too, the garbage disposal bot looked like a mix beetween a frog and lizard, Devastator looked like a gorilla and nearly all transformers look like humans, and all those transformers didnt scanned humans or animals first.

And if this concept art counts, we already have a "Dinobot", Hightower looks similar like a T-rex or another big theropod. i showed it various people and they all said he is a dinosaur, to bad there isnt a better picture of him.
    [​IMG]

19. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think I really want to see the Dinobots in any live-action TF movie.

Unless they get renamed as Dyno-bots -- short for Dynamic Robots -- and have vehicle alt-modes of some kind...

20. Tigertrack

If not prehistoric dinosaurs, what modern day creatures would suit them? I've mentioned a big ass condor for Swoop, but what about Grimlock, Slag, Snarl, and Sludge? Or should it just simply be Swoop and Grimlock?