Could be stupid question, but...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Arsenic, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I red this news in Prime board:

I know there are cyberverse legion/commander, deluxe, voyger, and leader class toys, but I have no idea about what those '2x' or '4x' means. Would anybody explain for me?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    How many there are per case.

Nice to see they're jamming BB down our throats again. The BB BS will never end.

3. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ah, it was just number of toys. Thanks.
    (...7 Bumblebee in 2 waves!? OMG)

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I've always fallen back on the "Kids love bumblebee" mantra, but this last movie has really, really gotten out of hand on this. I really need to start coming to a decision as to weather I am gonna go balls deep into this line or skip it entirely.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Arcee is a female character = short packed. Little boys aren't going to buy a girl character. (Scalper bait too, so watch out.)

Starscream is a villain = doesn't sell as much.

Cliffjumper died in the first episode = little media exposure, not going to sell too well.

Hasbro is doing what it knows is best for these toys to move. All we can hope is that Walmart and Target aren't so stupid to overstock on these initial waves so that we end up stuck seeing them while Waves 3 and 4 are supposed to be out.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Now I know BB is popular, but I get the feeling that his popularity is dying. If he was as popular as Hasbro seems to think he is, I would see no Bumblebee related merch on the shelves at all, let alone 3 separate deluxe DOTM Bumblebees shelfwarming at once. To add to this, I once saw a child yelling at his father "But I want Ironhide, not Bumblebee!"

I hope the whole BB hype dies down soon, so Hasbro can bring in a new kid appeal character.

7. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    What like Hot Shot (who got multiple toys back in the day as well)? Considering the last time Hasbro "evolved" the kid appeal character (Energon) and his replacement effectively strangled an entire pricepoint, I don't think Hasbro is going to be hip on changing things up (and to be honest, the only real change would be a name. He would still be yellow, still be a sportscar, and would still ship in ungodly quantities.)

Again, and I've said this before: if Bumblebee were this serious shelfwarmer everyone says he is, we wouldn't be seeing ANY other figures on shelves, and from I'm reading that isn't the case.

I can go into my local Walmart and find (just from the mass retail waves, not counting store exclusives like the deluxe Prime or Nascar repaints): Jolt, Roadbuster, Starscream, Thundercracker, Nitro Bumblebee, reg. Bumblebee, Crankcase with the odd Ratchet and Twins.

All things considered (you know, like the fact the little yellow turd was shipped 1/3 to 1/2 of almost all major case assortments since launch), I think Hasbro has demand effectively pegged at a rate where kids and parents can still go to Walmart at any time and get a BB if they want, but can still find OTHER characters as well.

8. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Agreed. Now it's just on the retailer's end to not buy so much stock that won't be able to sell out fast enough before nobody wants it.

9. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

the only stupid question is the one not asked
    (sorry couldnt help myself)

10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :cry :cry :cry 

11. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok, next question...when?

12. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Late November, Early December, sometime after January. Really, it just depends on how much of a douche your retailer wants to be.

13. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL...Hot Shot is Bumblebee's middle name

14. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    Bumblebee "Hot Shot" McPedophile. All the kids LOVE him!

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I wouldn't count on Arcee not being bought by little boys just yet. She's not masculine yet not too feminine so she has a good balence of appearence and character for this to happen besides the good thing about the toyline coming a year later is we had the time to really know her and if little boys are fans of the show and maybe also a couple of little fanboys having a crush on her because of her appeal they'll might pick her up!

Starscream is famous in his own right so he may not have too much trouble with the market..

Cliffjumper I do agree with you though.He just didn't have the proper exposure for him to sell out like crazy..

Still it's nice Hasbro's got a back up plan just in case.Besides we older collectors will pick them all out in a heartbeat!

16. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    ^ Also, Arcee is not pink. I think that will do wonders for her sales.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Exactly! Even the colors will help justify her being bought by little boys!! Besides blue makes her look much more beautiful anyway!:D 

18. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    As much as I'd rather we didn't get a million BBs I understand why we have. he's been a popular character. However, in Prime, Bee hasn't really been in the limelight too much, and is something of a non character. I don't see this Bee being the guy that everyone wants to own, I think Bulkhead fits that role more (for kids, I know the older fans will be all over Arcee)

In this case, this really is too much Bumblebee.

19. MisterFanwank

News Credits:
    ^ Except Bumblebee will still ride on being in the movies and I'm betting Raf is the human character boys like most. I'd say him being in the show less is more a move to get kids to want the other characters, too.

And from a psychological point of view, yellow is a much more noticeable color than any other on the shelves and in the shows. He's the character that will always be noticed, even if he doesn't do jack squat.