Could animated Waspy be a repaint?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by the_scientist, Apr 20, 2008.

1. the_scientist

the_scientist Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any of the toys being repainted (except for Ratchet into Ironhide?), but there's always a few of repaints. I'm thinking a Prowl repaint would make a good Waspy. Prowl's chest has the eye thing going on and his back has what could be wings. Plus a motorcycle is not that far off from Waspinator after BM. All it would need would be a new head. Then again, this was just a thought. Would make an awesome cybertron Waspinator.

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Or he could transform into a...wasp.

Although if he had to transform into a vehicle he could transform into a Vespa.

3. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure that there will be plenty of repaints in the Animated line as there are in every other Transformers line, but I doubt that Waspinator will be one of them.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    when and if he comes out he will be some sort of bug or plane(maybe a f-18 hornet)that might be cool

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's going to be a Bulkhead repaint with a giant needle instead of wrecking ball.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i thought that, premium/stealth bumblebee looks like waspinator/buzzsaw lol.

so i guess bumblebee COULD be repainted into waspinator, but i'd prefer it to be a new mold, to be a wasp, and if not a wasp, then like maybe a 18hornet? like suggested?

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Could be a repaint ... probably won't.

Given the rather distinctive and character-based nature of most Animated toys, I suspect when the inevitable repaints come, they might be more of the the "Nightwatch Optimus Prime" or "Extra-grumpy Ratchet or "Artistic Bulkhead" variety as opposed to making a lot of new characters.

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

^ Feralstorm brings truth, again ^

(I'm looking at Offroad Ironhide and Recon Barricade and, although I'm laughing inside, I'm shaking my head in disappointment. Though Nightwatch Prime and Cliffjumper are nice as pie.)

So, what esoteric repaint themes can Hasbro pull out of their magic merchandising hat for TFA?

Hmmm, magenta-coloured Prowl with fuschia monogram and piping - Towel Prowl.

4x4 Black Arachnia, Mocha Latte Starscream, Baptised Ratchet, Butterscotch Megatron, Urban and Swing Bulkhead, Bratz Lockdown...

9. renegade_cavalc

renegade_cavalc Member

Well, Oilslick is already his colours...