Could and should a G1 Megatron Titanium be made with new transformation

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Deathx360, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    While looking at my Heroes of Cybertron Megatron I started to think how a new figure could be made to look as close to the G1 cartoon version as possible. My best guess is a hover tank. The best way I can think of to do this is to take the lower legs and turn them so the backs face each other and tilt the feet down. Next snap them together and push the legs up to hide the upper leg. Now take the gun barrel on his back and push it to the center of the back and fold it to face his feet. Take the hands and fold them Energon Jetfire style to reveal a small chain gun barrels. Now fold the arms around to his back and push his head into his chest. As for his Fusion Cannon it could be placed on top of the barrel or put on front of it. I know this transformation sucks but the main point is that it could retain the classic look of the G1 Megatron and could be more show accurate in robot mode than any figure to date. The only line I can see this figure being placed in would be Titanium since it seems to be the place Hasbro is putting updates to the G1 series and since Classics has a gun Megatron this is the only other place for a figure like this. What are the odds and desire for a figure like this? By the way if anyone knows of a better transformation please post one, mine could use a lot of work.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

No, if they are going to do another Megatron, it should only be WWI Megs.

3. Deathx360

News Credits:
    That would be great too, but at the rate they are making Optimus' for this line (one every other wave) why not G1 versions? I wonder why they decided to go with the Megatron they used instead of WWI Megatron, would have been a lot better since we have WWI Prime.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd guess they didn't do War Within Megatron because that design was either too complex or just didn't lend itself to something the size/cost of the Titanium line, which is likely why we got the new "GI-Joe" block-tank Megs instead. Not sure what to expect from any possible future Titanium Megatrons - more tanks, or even a gun of some kind (not as likely). Was there talk of a Titanium Galvatron in 6 inch toys, or just the small figurines? Galvatron seems a more likely idea, since it could be engineered pretty easily and still look nicer than the G1 toy, and shouldn't have much trouble since it wouldn't look like any real weapon.

5. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Yeah WWI Megatorn is very badass looking. Probably one of my fave designs ever.

6. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They could probably do a G1 Gun Megs at this scale and not worry about some of the 'some people think it's a real gun' issue.
    I just hope they don't do Classics Nerfgun Megs.

-Tony!

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They could do alot of things, but the real question is how likely it will be? Frankly, I've given up hoping for a "classic" look for Megatron. I guess he just doesn't seem as iconic to Hasbro as Prime is. I mean, look back at the other series to date (even the Classics Megatron) and find common denominators amongst the designs. Really hard to do. Where as, with Prime, you can find most of the design elements from one are (although modified each time) carried over to some extent.

Still, a "classic" look for Megatron would be nice and a hoover tank is a good idea. However, to make it work well, I say you'd need to add things to the design which would take it away from the "classic" look. The only hope I have right now for a Megatron with a somewhat "classic" design would be if they made a WWI Megatron in the Titanium line and if it was in that line I wouldn't buy it anyways... not unless it was a step above what craploob is doing now.

8. Deathx360

News Credits:
    It was the 3" series, they had it on display with the other figures.

Speaking of WWI, it is more likely that we will get a Nemesis Prime repaint of WWI Optimus since we saw a 3" Nemesis repaint than a WWI Megatron. Maybe the design is a little complex but it has been a while since I saw the design.

9. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I definately think that a new Megatron needs to be done to make up for the crap that's out now. I don't really care what the form is as long as it doesn't fall apart when touched.

10. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I think they should've done WW Megatron instead of the one they actually did. BTW, does this Megs correspond to a certain series, or is he a newcomer?

11. Deathx360

News Credits:
    The Titanium Megatron is supposed to be from one of the Transformers/G.I. Joe crossovers. It says on his bio that Cobra Commander is controlling him, but he never used a tank form in any of the crossovers to the best of my knowledge.

12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If they made a new big Tit Megatron that looked exactly like the G1 Cartoon 'bot, it could turn into anything at all and I'd snap it up.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah. i wouldnt mind a non transforming g1 megs, despite having the mega scf version. he could even be packed in with his alt mode as accessory for other figures to hold.

14. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    They should cancel the Titanium line, it's turning into a fiasco.

15. Deathx360

News Credits:

If they could find a good balance it would be alright. Just got Prime and Megatron yesterday. Megatron needs a lot of work, but Prime is alright except the left arm is a little loose (can't move it side to side without it folding back) and the left leg where the metal and plastic meet don't stay in place as good as the right (not really bad but can cause a few problems if leaned to the left). If the weight and joint problems could be fixed as well as the chipping then this line could be great. If not then move the upcoming figures to Classics.

16. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

A G1 Tit Megatron would be very feasible and great. The gun would be way to small to be considered real and it would likley be packaged in Robot form.

17. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    You realize that you've just listed 3 major problems? They should redesign the whole thing with so many wrongs for such simplistic figures...

18. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Yes, the first two have problems. My Prime may just be a little more flowed than others, some people who have him have listed few to no problems. Also keep in mind that this is the start of drastic new design for Transformers, trying to keep the articulation of the modern figures and die-cast parts of the first years of G1. I don't think BT has this much die-cast since they have thinner die-cast parts. If the next two or four figures (Jetfire, Thundercracker, Scourge, and Optimal Optimus) have the same problems, especially those of Megatron, then it is safe to say that Titanium figures need a total overhaul. We will know soon enough, I just hope that future waves are better because there are great figures coming and great potential for this line.

19. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want a G1 Megatron that isn't a Nerf gun. Don't get me wrong, Classics Megs rocks! I just want a Pistol that you can't get arrested for having. I mean, a 6" pistol look alike would be legal.....right?

20. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

G! megatron in Robot mode wasn't much more than 6 inches tall anyway....