Could a Shattered Glass cartoon work?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Heliblade, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    I think it could absolutely work.

2. Fivepeepeeman

Fivepeepeeman Who the hell do you think I am?!

Story arc? Yeah totally.
    A whole entire series? Probably not. It would do good if it catered to some of the more deeper fans than casual fans

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be too confusing for small kids

4. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

This continuity has nothing to do with small kids supposedly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Let the Autobots and Decepticons return in an amazing new interpretation as a succesful cartoon that doesn't suck, and you can throw in a 3 episode Shattered Glass story arc in the second season- then revisit it again in the fifth season before the series ends.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I would like to see the SG universe visited a few times during a series preferably how Deep Space Nine did it as a recurring thing in a few different episodes.

The original series was good but they only visited the mirror universe once.

Enterprise for some reason the entire last season of that series was set entirely in the mirror universe and it made no sense why they were even doing that since they never crossed over with the main universe just all the sudden the series jumped to a different universe for no reason. It also had terrible ratings for a Star Trek series so yeah please never set a series in a mirror universe. It should be a once in a while cross over with main universe thing not the primary focus, never make it the primary focus.

7. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

That was just 2 episodes in the final season, it was not the entire season. But you are right that it was a sudden jump to the Mirror universe with no cross over or reason for it.

At any rate, I think it would be interesting to see Shattered Glass in a series, but not necessarily an entire series based on it. An occasional visit to a mirror universe is a fun novelty, but to set a whole series on it I feel would take away that mystique.

8. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:

No. Did anyone see GI Joe's Worlds Without End? It's kind-of-sort-of a Shattered Glass episode. The Joes get transported to an alternate reality where Cobra has conquered the world, but some of Cobra is secretly part of a resistance. The thing is the episode only works because it's directly playing off the main reality of the show. If they set the entire series in that reality then it stops being an alternate reality and just becomes everyday life. It becomes less interesting and it starts to feel like a lame office party where everyone switched name tags. Duke becomes Cobra Commander. Cobra Commander becomes Duke. By episode 20 that series isn't going to be fundamentally different from the mainline series you just left. Same with Shattered Glass. It only works if it's playing off the mainstream universe. If you don't include the mainstream universe then it's just an everyday show where everyone switched name tags. If you do include the main stream universe then it's confusing as shit for the little kids still trying to figure out how to transform their RID figures.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    An SG show would have to fundamentally shake
    things up
    in
    order to
    be interesting.
    Just
    swapping everything
    around is boring.

10. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I really want to know: Why these days everything regarding transformers has to be for little kids? The Shattered Glass continuity IS NOT meant for little kids.
    An anime with a couple 20 episode seasons would work just fine. Transformers exist outside 3 step changers and toylines. An adault medium with a more mature and dystopian story line would work, and no the premiss of SG is not flipping everthing around.

• Like Like x 1
  11. skywarp42069

skywarp42069 Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    this whole conversation is pointless. i say we bring back tfa. a shattered glass episode was planned in season 4. bam.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

Personally I'd kind of like to see them at least tackle the concept in a cartoon. Either have it be the classic "Crew gets sent to the universe" kind of episode like Mirror, Mirror or you can have an entire episode set in the universe and we see more of how things operate there. Really though, it'd just be nice to get more Shattered Glass stuff in general. I know that for some reason it has received a bum rap but I think for something like Transformers the mirror universe concept really can work. Plus it would certainly make for loads more interesting repaint and remold opportunities.

13. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

Not a whole series, though using Unicron as a vehicle to induce a shattered glass story arc within an established cartoon could be fun. The trick is to have a cohesive established character driven point of origin- which transformers as a whole really doesn't have. At best an individual cartoon dedicated to inverted character plots would wind up more like Sliders the series... Or be a cartoon based around running from Transtech operatives.

14. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would not enjoy it as much as seeing OP fight after being nearly destroyed. That is what makes him a hero, he fights until the very end!

15. CarRobot

CarRobot Ninja Police Car

News Credits:
    What about Jungle Planet from Cybertron/Galaxy Force?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.