Could a Scavengers series sustain an ongoing?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by drmick, Jul 13, 2017.

1. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Just taking this out of the sales loss thread.

I reckon it could last at least a "season". Maybe extend the cast a bit, and do some time travelling or alternative timeline jumping.

It looks like the Scavengers issues break through 10k in sales.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

I would love a Scavengers mini, as long as Roberts could sustain the jokes about how much important stuff has already happened off-panel that you haven't seen.

• Like Like x 8
  3. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    It would have to be GRIMLOCK and the Scavengers or something or it would probably go unnoticed, sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Not as they currently stand, I don't think. While their current goal of "aimlessly bouncing around the galaxy helping the occasional lost Decepticon" is pretty fun, there would need to be a more clear goal for the story and characters beyond one-shot adventures.

If it hadn't already been done in MTMTE, I think the Scavengers would've been a fun cast to see go back in time to try and prevent the war in a story arc, only to screw up completely and end up being the ones starting it.

• Like Like x 6
  5. RNSrobot

RNSrobot Keeper of the Waspinator Swarm. Blam.

No.

(I love them but no)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

There's no doubt it has the potential, but it's questionable whether or not it would fit in with the current climate of the franchise. LL, OP, and TAaO are all heavy as f*** so putting out something more in the vibe of old MTMTE would probably work against them thematically.

I do hope they play some role in Revolutionaries, at least.

7. CaptainZombieLL

CaptainZombieLL Random Humongous Phaggot

I feel like it wouldn't work as a whole series but a Mini-series centered on them would definitely be great, It could provide a break from all the heavy comics currently going on and show that, Not everyone in the multiverse is doing epically important shit right now

• Like Like x 2
  8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    I think it's fine as it is. A few issues with them every once in a while is nice. It's almost a joke of sorts, not only is the Knight quest going nowhere but every once in a while THOSE shenanigans are disrupted by these nobody 'Cons.

9. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Yea, this.

IDW transformers has a good fanbase, but it's not really big enough to handle niche books like that.

10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    As others have said: a fourth ongoing would be too much, but i maintain if people gave it a chance and they had a good team they would certainly be able to replace TAAO or something like that.
    As it is, they have shown their potential as occasional two issue characters in MTMTE, so i think it's a good idea to give them a mini series.

11. grindcore138

grindcore138 Handsome like an F-22

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    A Scavengers mini-series? Yes, I'd like to see a slightly longer story about them. A full blown ongoing or maxi-series? No. The Scavengers issues are great, but they work best in small doses.

12. gregles

gregles quintesson

With all the love and good will in the world there probably isn't quite enough there to power a legnthy story and I think it better suites the scavengers to be the scene stealing humorous characters rather than ones we would likely get fatigued with in time

Slightly off topic but could a whirl solo thing work? I know whirl also excels as sene stealing side character stuff but Deadpool does ok solo at times and whirl can do meta humor as well as just plain depraved and crazy stuff so a broad spectrum to moods to cover

13. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    Honestly, I never got the appeal of the Scavengers. They could barely sustain a single crossover tie-in issue*, let alone a whole miniseries. An ongoing? No chance in hell.

*though let's face it, MTMTE Revolution sucked for reasons other than the Scavengers being the focus.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I honestly think it's time for a Megatron ongoing centered around his second chance in the functionist universe.

I'd really enjoy him founding the Decepticons again but in place of the Autobots and having to deal with a third antagonist faction.

So basically Megs would become Optimus. I would love to see him fight the war all over again except this time from the other side of the table.

15. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I'd be down for this, especially if written by Roche with illustrations being passed off between him, Milne and Zama.

16. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

No it can not.
    Frankly, I do not believe in any offshot of the ExMTME being able to sustain anything on its own (nor in any offshot of the ExRiD being successful at it). This entire series should be made as a serial composed of short arcs and rotating between different casts - Scavengers, LL, Rodimus's crew. And tightly paced. Easy to jump in for a new reader, with overarching plots going in the background and from time to time re-explained in brief expositions. Going too detailed and in too much length over things that are interesting in small doses served from time to time also amounts to the ExMTME writing problems.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    But... MTMTE season 2/LL was a Megatron ongoing :confused: 

18. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

Mini series, yes.

Ongoing, no.

19. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Perhaps a mini-series, but not an ongoing.