Could a remake of Transformers 86 using the current Bayformers work?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LegionofMordor, Apr 16, 2018.

1. LegionofMordor

LegionofMordor Well-Known Member

Thoughts?

2. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    No thank you.

• Like Like x 2
  3. rodimuspm

rodimuspm Well-Known Member

OH HELL YES! Instead of using the tlk hot rod version, i rather use this one instead. And keep Michael Bay away from directing.

Attached Files:

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Anthony Hopkins with a submachine gun. 'Nuff said!

No.

Devestator is completely wrong, Galvatron is really kind of a downgrade from Megatron, the G1 Wreckers don't exist in movie style for the most part, Hot Rod would somehow go from a Lamborghini into a winebego with a Lamborghini nose, Prowl doesn't exist, the Junkions would look terrible because their designs would take the "made from junk" angle way too literally, Unicron is Earth so that doesn't even make sense within the context of TF86 (let alone the fact him transforming would kill all mankind...as does the ending of TF86 where Unicron explodes so movieverse Unicron would explode, killing all mankind), and the Quints if Quintessa is any indication would be all wrong because their entire gimmick is having five rotating faces.

Oh, and Wheelie. Dude's the size of a dog in the movieverse and G1 Wheelie's mannerisms and exploits just do not fit on him at all.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

First off you'd need to bring a lot of characters back from the dead.

But good lord why would you want to remake a movie that only kind of sort of almost works in the completely bonkers concepts of the 80's. It's like Serenity where you had to be a strong fan of Firefly to make the movie work. But since there isn't much of anything to go on most robots in the live action movies you wouldn't have a TV series to fill in the sort of things you'd need to make it work.

• Like Like x 5
  6. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

FUCK NO. In between Galvatron being a shit villain, Hot Rod being another racist stereotype ala Drift and the twins, Wheelie being even more annoying and useless than his G1 namesake, Optimus Prime being a barbaric psychopath, the Dinobots having no character whatsoever, and the whole "Unicron being Earth" nonsense, it would just sodomize the '86 TF film. This is why Hollywood needs to crash and burn and why Transformers needs to be an anime again.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  7. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I'd prefer them not do that. As it is I don't really like that so much Transformers media has to homage and reference the '86 movie. At this point I'm getting a little tired of hearing "Till all are one" and "One shall stand, one shall fall". I'd prefer them leave the 1986 movie in 1986, and tell new and original stories.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    No.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Abominable fusion of Autobot and Decepticon

News Credits:
    God no. Why?

• Like Like x 3
  10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Oh no he's got to go! go go my budget!

News Credits:
    No just no, its time to let the bayformers go and see what comes next.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

No, i'm fine with that version.

14. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

No. I like having references and nods to the '86 film, but I don't want to see it completely rehashed with just the designs of the characters changed. If someone wanted to do a stop motion animation recreating scenes from the '86 film with Movie toys because that's what they had, fine, but an official Transformers story needs to tell its own story and stand on its own.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Jesus dude, are you okay?

16. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

Yes. The movie industry hasn't been good since the early 90's.

17. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I guess this is true if you only selectively bad movies. The movie industry still produces phenomenal films and really bad stinkers as it always has. I don't understand how the last two decades have been any different.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Necrisha

Necrisha Creative, vindictive-possibly a deception.

... Hollywood has become extremely risk adverse and most studios are very focused on making money over trying anything 'new'. It's fine when there is a pre established story or lore chain that all the fans are aware of it, but it means that if you're trying to wow fans with a completely new story outside of the original material lore Hollywood won't be nearly as receptive to the idea. Basically outside of a few directors/scriptwriters known for quality in a specific direction there has to be a proven and solid story or lore before it's going to be treated right and well recieved by critics. And if you start on Disney stuff, well a majority of their revenue comes from adapting fairy tales from various cultures- and raiding folk fables for the smaller stuff...

If Hasbro's alligned transformers lore had more time to develop it might be fine, but as it stands now- it needs some more cohesive story based writing, and unfortunately-

Hollywood won't touch the original 1980's writing because there was a lot of nods to American political turmoil in the background of early episodes. (The polarization of the two factions, battle prmarily over resources, and how Decepticons tended to favor hit and run tactics over long extended battles being typical of terrorist activities in both the eighties and now.) If you asses the original cartoon with the understanding of world politics at the time there is a sort of fairy tale if the Autobots(American armed forces) were the could do little wrong always be the good guy mentality and save the world (or at least the third world countries) and sometimes from themselves. You pull that in a movie that's supposed to be as successful abroad as in the United States- it's not going to be well recieved.

19. Trip2boy

Trip2boy Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Only as a fun reuse of the models in a CG environment dubbed with the original audio. Otherwise no lol.

20. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    Is it possible? Yeah probably, but that doesn't answer why they would do that.